A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,653
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Craft Kit Round 14 Gallery  (Read 8227 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011 02:03:39 PM »

received from Bourgeois today! it was wonderful - and huge! I was so excited! Sorry about all the exclamation marks and all the crappy pics - it's webcam pics because the camera just up and died.

So, the amazing box (that has a picture of Shakespeare on it, made me so happy!)

that really was a bad pic. sorry

there was also this AMAZING journal. At first i was confused as to why i was getting a book that looked like it was roughly my age .... and then i read the little note inside, saying it was from Ex Libris Anonymous (www.BookJournals.com) and in her note, Bourgeois admitted it was a wrench to give it away, as I can believe. This is so lovely!

it still has some original pages, even.

then, all the LEWT!

ready? okay: three embroidery hoops, one traditional large wood, two plastic; one pkg plain fabric (pretty) and two embroiderable towels; needlebook with a ton of needles; proper scissors; one sketching pen; one fabric pen; instructions; hot iron transfers (one of traditional flowers, one of more 'modern' designs); 21 skeins of dmc floss (my favorite is the green variations one - sooo pretty). Did I get spoiled?!? Hells yes! Thank you SO much for this amazing kit! I dunno what I'm going to do first, but I'm looking forward to learning this! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
p.kok
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011 09:29:16 AM »

I was sure i posted this yesterday but obviously i didn't. Anyway, the two kits I received this far:

A sewing kit form Calabaza:

It has everything I need to learn to make nice shirts, tunics and possibly dresses:) I'm going to order some fabric from spoon flower, and can't wait to get started:) She explained what I have to do to change the pattern for a bigger bust, which was why I never dared to start sewing anything with darts:)

And the scrap booking kit form mom2em

I asked for one because I want to make a photo album for one of my best friends who is getting married and is moving to another country. I think she's going to love it(if I do everything correctly:)) because mom2em send sooo many wonderful things. I'm pretty sure I'll have enough supplies left over for some projects for myself. i didn't want to get into scrapbooking (i don't need another addictive hoby:)), but seeing all the nice papers and accessories... will I be able to resist:)?

Unfortunately the package was damaged a bit. For some strange reason the postman decided to stuff it the mailbox (they are definitely not supposed to do that - where I come from, they are supposed to check if anyone is home and hand the pacakge to someone directly or leave a note for the receiver to come get the pacakge at the post office). The sticker alphabet sheet was the most damaged one and also the album fell apart. I saved most of the stickers (I hope) and I'm pretty sure my boyfriend will be able the fix the album with some two component glue:)

Thank you both!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011 12:51:21 PM »

oooh, that would make me so mad! did you call the post office and talk to the posties' superior?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

Bourgeois
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011 04:10:01 PM »

Yay!  So glad you like the package Myrdda!  I was getting nervous since I haven't ever sent a package to Canada before, and had no idea how long it would take.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
Myrdda

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011 04:02:20 PM »

just an update, I started with the diy embroidery kit! I drew a robot family, and hauled out the plain old tablecloths that were too *yawn* for the table .... and now everyone gets a robot near their spot. This is for the boy. I just need to keep going on the rest! Thank you, Bourgeois, this is a wonderful kit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

lacey0828
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011 05:14:39 PM »

According to tracking information, this was delivered a while ago, but I thought I would post since I'm sure NotKnit is really busy with the baby and all Smiley

It was a beginning sewing kit, unfortunantly I only took 1 picture of everything together. But it's a bunch of different fabrics, supplies, and directions for a purse, baby blocks, I spy bag, and reusable snack bags.

I hope she likes it!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011 08:38:47 AM »

eek!  I love the robot boy.  That's a great idea to use a boring table cloth you already have. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011 08:47:28 AM »

I received a stamp-carving kit on Friday from CleanFeelin! It is completely perfect:

She even included a bunch of images for carving that fit me to a t.
Thanks so much, CleanFeelin! Love, love, love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redpopsicles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011 05:15:34 PM »

I received an awesome double kit on wirework and maille from Myrdda yesterday!

First, a handmade instruction book (this is the inside cover):

The instructions are really clear and easy to follow! A couple pages from the maille section:

And all the loot together:

I love everything, and I can't wait to get started, although I may have to share everything with my SO because he really wants to take over the chain maille supplies now!  Thanks so much, Myrdda!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011 05:42:43 PM by redpopsicles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011 06:05:43 PM »

I'm glad you like everything! I hope you both get inspired and like crafting with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to be an Architect - Part 3
How to Be an Architect Part 4
How to be an Architect - Part 5
The Advent Of Web 2.0
How to Create Color Schemes From the Color Wheel
Latest Blog Articles
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie
Magical Miniatures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...