A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,360
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Craft Kit Round 14 Gallery  (Read 8103 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011 02:03:39 PM »

received from Bourgeois today! it was wonderful - and huge! I was so excited! Sorry about all the exclamation marks and all the crappy pics - it's webcam pics because the camera just up and died.

So, the amazing box (that has a picture of Shakespeare on it, made me so happy!)

that really was a bad pic. sorry

there was also this AMAZING journal. At first i was confused as to why i was getting a book that looked like it was roughly my age .... and then i read the little note inside, saying it was from Ex Libris Anonymous (www.BookJournals.com) and in her note, Bourgeois admitted it was a wrench to give it away, as I can believe. This is so lovely!

it still has some original pages, even.

then, all the LEWT!

ready? okay: three embroidery hoops, one traditional large wood, two plastic; one pkg plain fabric (pretty) and two embroiderable towels; needlebook with a ton of needles; proper scissors; one sketching pen; one fabric pen; instructions; hot iron transfers (one of traditional flowers, one of more 'modern' designs); 21 skeins of dmc floss (my favorite is the green variations one - sooo pretty). Did I get spoiled?!? Hells yes! Thank you SO much for this amazing kit! I dunno what I'm going to do first, but I'm looking forward to learning this! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
p.kok
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011 09:29:16 AM »

I was sure i posted this yesterday but obviously i didn't. Anyway, the two kits I received this far:

A sewing kit form Calabaza:

It has everything I need to learn to make nice shirts, tunics and possibly dresses:) I'm going to order some fabric from spoon flower, and can't wait to get started:) She explained what I have to do to change the pattern for a bigger bust, which was why I never dared to start sewing anything with darts:)

And the scrap booking kit form mom2em

I asked for one because I want to make a photo album for one of my best friends who is getting married and is moving to another country. I think she's going to love it(if I do everything correctly:)) because mom2em send sooo many wonderful things. I'm pretty sure I'll have enough supplies left over for some projects for myself. i didn't want to get into scrapbooking (i don't need another addictive hoby:)), but seeing all the nice papers and accessories... will I be able to resist:)?

Unfortunately the package was damaged a bit. For some strange reason the postman decided to stuff it the mailbox (they are definitely not supposed to do that - where I come from, they are supposed to check if anyone is home and hand the pacakge to someone directly or leave a note for the receiver to come get the pacakge at the post office). The sticker alphabet sheet was the most damaged one and also the album fell apart. I saved most of the stickers (I hope) and I'm pretty sure my boyfriend will be able the fix the album with some two component glue:)

Thank you both!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011 12:51:21 PM »

oooh, that would make me so mad! did you call the post office and talk to the posties' superior?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

Bourgeois
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011 04:10:01 PM »

Yay!  So glad you like the package Myrdda!  I was getting nervous since I haven't ever sent a package to Canada before, and had no idea how long it would take.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
Myrdda

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011 04:02:20 PM »

just an update, I started with the diy embroidery kit! I drew a robot family, and hauled out the plain old tablecloths that were too *yawn* for the table .... and now everyone gets a robot near their spot. This is for the boy. I just need to keep going on the rest! Thank you, Bourgeois, this is a wonderful kit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

lacey0828
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011 05:14:39 PM »

According to tracking information, this was delivered a while ago, but I thought I would post since I'm sure NotKnit is really busy with the baby and all Smiley

It was a beginning sewing kit, unfortunantly I only took 1 picture of everything together. But it's a bunch of different fabrics, supplies, and directions for a purse, baby blocks, I spy bag, and reusable snack bags.

I hope she likes it!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011 08:38:47 AM »

eek!  I love the robot boy.  That's a great idea to use a boring table cloth you already have. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011 08:47:28 AM »

I received a stamp-carving kit on Friday from CleanFeelin! It is completely perfect:

She even included a bunch of images for carving that fit me to a t.
Thanks so much, CleanFeelin! Love, love, love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redpopsicles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011 05:15:34 PM »

I received an awesome double kit on wirework and maille from Myrdda yesterday!

First, a handmade instruction book (this is the inside cover):

The instructions are really clear and easy to follow! A couple pages from the maille section:

And all the loot together:

I love everything, and I can't wait to get started, although I may have to share everything with my SO because he really wants to take over the chain maille supplies now!  Thanks so much, Myrdda!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011 05:42:43 PM by redpopsicles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011 06:05:43 PM »

I'm glad you like everything! I hope you both get inspired and like crafting with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Transform Your Old T-Shirt Into a Sexy, On-Trend Tank
The Right Way to Wash Your Swimsuit
Blake Lively Takes It Turbo in Sexy Burberry
Ways To Wear Sporty Chic Shirts
Hermes Opens Two More Factories For High Demand Products
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...