A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,501
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Swap CLOSED FOR CLAIMS  (Read 6400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

S is for Summer

Im a really slow knitter without magic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011 12:30:20 PM »

I claim bablina58 for something ladies/burlesque!  Smiley  This is my first claim.

1 claim outstanding, 0 claims in transit, 0 claims received

Sending by May 24th, 2011.

Hola, zdravstvooete, bonjour!  Smiley  My name is Summer and I live in Alaska with my spectacularly wonderful dog, Radar.  I can't think of much else to tell you, so... here are some themes!  *fling!* Smiley   Whatever you pick, please feel free to PM me with questions, many or few.  

1) Something circussy (I veer toward the pretty side of the circus more than the creepy perspective of the circus)
2) Something with my dog Radar on it.
3) Something hula-hoopy/hooping-y
4) Something Firefly-y
5) Something to commemorate the recent royal wedding
6) Something tribal-style-bellydancing-ish
7) Something that says "I heart my brain" with the word "heart" replaced by a (valentine-type, not anatomical-type) heart.  The brain can be a picture, too, or the word.  Smiley
Cool Something Ravenclaw
9) Something with a tiara on it
10) Something with one of my favorite quotes on it  (see Pinterest link below, or my GoodReads quote page at http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/list/1059346   )
11) Something in braille or American Sign Language

Happy Tuesday to all.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011 02:07:47 PM by S is for Summer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011 01:15:02 PM »

I claim S is for Summer for a quote!  This is my first claim

1 claim outstanding, 0 claims in transit, 0 claims received
Sending by May 24th

My name is Lissa and I live in colorful Colorado with my 3 kiddos and husband.  I am a stay at home mom and really enjoy it most days.  I consider myself to be a strange cross between a rockabilly hippie and an alternative 50s housewife.  If that sounds odd, it is because it is lol.  I am so in love with hooplas and couldnt pass this swap up.  I love most themes with the exception of country and floral.  I am also totally open to size, color, and shape.  3-D elements are awesome but not at all required and I love embroidery, cross stitch, and appliqu.  I am not a huge fan of really bold backgrounds unless it really fits the theme.  Feel free to grab a theme (or stalk me) and run with it.

My Wists: 
http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid

My Pintrist:
http://pinterest.com/mommythemaid

* Nightmare Before Christmas (I love Jack Skellington, but any characters or scenes are much loved)
* Beetlejuice (the movie, not the cartoon)
* Trogdor
* Tank Girl (either the movie or the comic)
* Anglerfish (would love a really scary looking one)
* Aliens (like the little green guys with the oval head and big black eyes)
* Cake or Death (Eddie Izzard quote)
* Hello Kitty, Pandapple, Badtz Maru, Deery Lou, or other cute Sanrio character 
* Something inspired by my massive wists or small pintrests
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011 09:50:38 PM »

I Claim Mommy the Maid for Aliens
Due: May 25

Claims = 2
Sent = 0
Received = 0

I live in Ohio, USA. I really love science and science fiction and I really want a geeky hoopla wall! I plan on adding non-geeky themes soon.
I don't want nudity or vulgar themes unless stated otherwise.
PM me about any questions you have about my themes, quotes, or likes/dislikes.
MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY PINTEREST for theme inspirations, color ideas, and styles. CHECK MY LINKS BELOW!
I added some quotes and details to some of my themes just in case you need a little inspiration, but you DON’T have to do those!

My Themes

- The Moon
- Constellations
- Aliens (the generic green/grey ones with big eyes)

Vintage Space Invaders link
I LOVE this. It’s so funny. The stitching is so pretty, I love that it is all red! I would LOVE to have this hanging in my house!

I Hate Everything lolcat Link
This is my favorite lolcat, I really love the cat’s face, how fluffy it is and the caption. I’m really hoping for a felt and embroidery combo for this hoop. I’ve tried to make it a few times but I’m not talented enough with the felt.

Craftster link
I love the awesome logos, with the pictures and captions!! Tea Cozies, Rock is Dead and Hoarding are my favorites. I also love the Skull and Scissors Tees!

Army of Darkness
- Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
- Hail to the king, baby
- Groovy

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Sodding Blimey Shagging Knickers Bollocks (Spike)
- Bunnies Frighten Me (Anya)
- Nobody could do that much découpage without calling on the powers of darkness. (Anya about Martha Stewart)

Battlestar Galactica (New)
- Frak

Doctor Who Link
- My favorites are: The Doctor, Weeping Angels, Face of Boe, Daleks, Tardis, River Song, and Sonic Screwdrivers.
- The angels have the phonebox.
- Don’t Blink.
- Geronimo

Firefly
- Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
- Big Damn Heroes
- I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.
- No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Harry Potter Link
- I’m a Slytherin. I would totally be a pureblood.
- My favorite characters are Severus, Hermione, Draco, Harry
- I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even stopper death. (Snape)

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- DON’T PANIC
- Beware of the leopard.
- The mere thought hadn't even begun to speculate, about the merest possibility of crossing my mind.
- Oh no, not again. (Bowl of Petunias)
- Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it. (Marvin)
- We apologize for the inconvenience. (God)
- Mostly Harmless (The Guide about the Earth)

Helpful Links:
HOOPS I AREADY HAVE
My Pinterest
Colors Combinations I Like
Favorite Fictional Characters
Scifi and Fantasy (TV/Moves)
Science and General Scifi
Non-Geeky Needlework I Like

Sent Received
May 15 audio to Averia for Firefly Quote Jayne’s Hat
May 15 fiorinda to audio for Ender’s Game
May 25 audio to Mommy the Maid for Aliens
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011 09:57:01 PM by audio » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011 05:23:31 AM »

I claim Audio for "alien" hoop.
Due: May 25

Claims = 2
Sent = 0
Received = 0

Hi, I'm Robin.  I am a medical coder by day but a crafter by night.  I live in Alabama (USA), in the deep south.  I love to shop in thrift stores!!! I usually buy lots of wool sweaters that I felt and then create with that fabric.  It's great since it doesn't ravel when cut.  I've been a cross stitcher for years, since I was about 15.  Had never really embroidered much since high school, but when I found Craftster, I fell in love with embroidery all over again. 

I have a hoopla wall (can be seen in my images profile here on Craftster).  I am not a fan of pastel colors, but I love natural linens, pieced fabric mixed media artwork.  Almost any color will work on my hoopla wall as the wall color is white and the accent colors in this room are lime green and black.  I'm a cross stitcher and I do love x stitch, but I'm trying to focus more on embroidery or pieced fabric art with embroidery embellishments.

My themes:
1  stitched house or houses
2. R monogram
3. swirly tree
4. VW car or van (old 70's style)
5. "twitter" bird (like the twitter logo)
6.  owl
7.  "doodle" stitching (see Aimee Ray http://www.etsy.com/shop/littledear?ref=seller_info or http://yougogirl.typepad.com/you_go_girl/doodle_stitching/
(claimed by SheepBlue, but I don't mind having more than 1 doodle stitched hoop)

Thank you for whoever claims me   

I can use any size hoop from 3" all the way up to how ever big you want to stitch 

I have a WIST and Pinterest that will show some of my likes, but my flickr has a huge wall of "favorites" that will give you tons of ideas.
I don't mind a replica of a favorite on my WIST, Pinterest or Flickr, but just using something on there for "inspiration" is great also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011 05:52:07 AM »

I claim Robinpich for an inspiration from her favorites on Flikr
Send by May 25th

I have a huge wall set aside for hoops and it has had many beautiful additions from swapping, but there is a ton of room left to fill.

I am a huge fan of Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, the color blue in all shades

3 Claims outstanding, 0 Claims in Transit, 0 Claims Received

Here are my themes!

• Steampunk (maybe a variation of Urban Thread's clockwork fae or steam motifs airship or steam nouveau)
  • quotes from Firefly ("Ten percent of nuthin' is...let me do the math here...nuthin' into nuthin'...carry the nuthin'...",
       "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." "Yeah, but she's our witch" "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."
       "I can kill you with my brain." "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."  "She is starting to damage my calm.")
  • blackwork
  • monochromatic in blues
  • a mini cross stitched quilt (any pattern)
  • silly frogs/tree frogs/faerie frog
  • The letter K or L
  • Meowth/Team Rocket
  • Any of Gibbs' rules from NCIS, faves are 5, 7, 35. 40, 45 & 51 http://ncis.wikia.com/wiki/Leroy_Jethro_Gibbs/Rules
  • Anything at all that inspires you

Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011 06:04:47 AM by Averia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011 06:25:38 AM »

I am going to claim Averia for a Letter K or L

2/0/0

Hello My name is Monica and I live on the last bank of the Famed North Carolina Outer Banks Smiley  I am pretty eclectic when it comes to hoops and my home. I love all the hoops in my HUGE pintrest so you can see what I love.

If your a smoker please pass on claiming me as my granddaughter cant be around the sticky tar stuff. Also, My Grandson has Autism so please do not make anything with a green background..He is so odd and kelly/crayon/primary green is a huge trigger color for him...Odd I know but it what it is  Wink

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/needle-point/

Themes
 1) Mermaids/Ocean sea life/Nautical
 2) Bigfoot
 3) French Bull dog ( he is black and white like in my profile)
 4) French rolling Lavender fields
 5) Cute Garden gnomes ( I have the ones I love in my pintrest you can see)
 6) Seattle  I am so homesick..there is one you can see the Space Needle
 7) Sloths
 Cool Love tree with Phil +Monica
 9) something you see in my pintrest or inspired by
10) The Space Shuttle ( My dad (RIP)retired from the shuttle program and my Uncle both were part of the shuttle teams for years)

Thanks for claiming me!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011 07:07:52 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011 05:13:58 PM »

I claim Babalina for something inspired by her pintrest.

2 claim outstanding, 0 claims in transit, 0 claims received
Sending by May 25th

My name is Lissa and I live in colorful Colorado with my 3 kiddos and husband.  I am a stay at home mom and really enjoy it most days.  I consider myself to be a strange cross between a rockabilly hippie and an alternative 50s housewife.  If that sounds odd, it is because it is lol.  

I am so in love with hooplas and couldnt pass this swap up.  I love most themes with the exception of country and floral.  I am also totally open to size, color, and shape.  3-D elements are awesome but not at all required and I love embroidery, cross stitch, and appliqu.  I am not a huge fan of really bold backgrounds unless it really fits the theme.  Feel free to grab a theme (or stalk me) and run with it.

My Wists:
http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid

My Pintrist:
http://pinterest.com/mommythemaid

* zombie animals
* Girl on a swing
* Nightmare Before Christmas (I love Jack Skellington, but any characters or scenes are much loved)
* Beetlejuice (the movie, not the cartoon)
* Trogdor
* Tank Girl (either the movie or the comic)
* Anglerfish (would love a really scary looking one)
* Cake or Death (Eddie Izzard quote)
* Hello Kitty, Pandapple, Badtz Maru, Deery Lou, or other cute Sanrio character  
* something inspired by my wists or pintrists.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011 11:10:11 AM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011 01:57:22 PM »

I claim Mommie the Maid for a Badtz Maru hoop! Cheesy

1 claim outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 claimes received
Send by May 26

Hiya everyone! I'm T! I live in GA with my husband and 2 kidlets. I'm a high school Spanish teacher who crafts to keep her sanity. Wink

I am not picky about size nor type of hoop that you may send me. I have tons of info about my likes/dislikes in my profile as well as So You Want to Swap? page on my blog. I'm the chatty type so if you have any questions, feel free to send me a quick PM!

My Wist!

My Themes

1. Celtic knotwork - pure knotwork, not zoomorphs (twisted animals/humans) which get kind of creepy

2. anything Japanese - My bathroom is decorated in a Japanese themes. Maybe something like a geisha, samurai, koi or kanji

3. something inspired by hispanic cultures for decorating my classroom. For example, I already have a Flamenco dancer and a hoop with the Aztec sun god. Cheesy  (Please no Day of the Dead stuff. My admins don't quite understand this concept so I have to be very careful about what I use.)

4. Nature - I LOVE trees and clouds, not so much into the cutesified animals though.

5. Garden gnomes

6. Constellations - My favorite one is Orion.

7. Mythological creatures - Pegasus, Dragon, Unicorn

8. Something Pink, Sparkly and Princess for my daughter's room - She is 5 and quite the little Diva. She has claimed a couple of my latest hoops for her own little hoopla wall. Smiley

9. something inspired by my Wist
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011 05:04:42 AM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011 09:14:34 PM »

I claim Troublet for something pink and sparkly for her daughter.

This is my first claim.  1 claim outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 claims received.
Send by May 26

My name is Jennifer.  I live in Utah with my 3 boys and mini zoo of dogs and cats.  I love to sew and I love waterfalls and creeks!  My style is more simple/elegant/modern than cutesy.  I don't like nudity/profanity/gore very much.   I love getting things in the mail, so I think I am pretty easy to please!  Any size hoop is fine.  My hoop wall only has two small hoops and a mini quilt right now.  I like cross stitch or embroidery. My favorite color is blue.  I also love graduated colors and blended colors like tie dye and batiks.  I love 3d embellishments like buttons, beads, ribbons, felt but they are not required.

Themes:

*Nature themes, birds, trees, wildlife, rainbows.

*Koi fish

*sun and moon together or just the sun  I love this image but almost any sun image is great   http://www.jillyshappyhome.com/images/view.aspx?productId=110

*mermaids (just not too cutesy) other ocean life

*quote from Bruce Almighty : And my tiny little nipples went to France

*something lovey dovey elegant with S and J (my husband and my initials) can include Aug 14 2000 our anniversary if you want

*musical notes  (If this interests you I can share some measures of some of my favorite songs or it could totally be free form)

*quilt inspired cross stitch  This one is cute but feel free to make up your own http://www.squidoo.com/cross-stitch-hobby

*sewing related or button bouquet

*something inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/lukenlarry/

Thanks for choosing me!  Feel free to pm me with any questions.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011 08:19:36 AM by lukenlarry - Reason: add more themes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011 03:04:08 PM »

Since her anniversary is my 32nd birthday, I claim Lukenlarry for something with an S & J

This is my first claim. 1 claim outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 claims received.
Send by May 27

My name is Pearl, and I live in beautiful Colorado with my husband (who I've known since grade 7! We never dated until way after high school though) I love decorating my house with art. I'm not really into creepy/Gore stuff, but I do love a good alien movie. anything to do with space or the end of the world really sets my mind spinning!
Hmm. I've got a bit of a block at the moment, but I promise to be very chatty over PM!

Some themes:
*Trees

*The universe/space- something about the vastness of the universe really comforts me, especially since I lost my mom in February.

*Art Nouveau

*steampunk

*fairy tales (Baba is my favorite, but I love almost all of them)

*Something inspired by my flickr favs http://www.flickr.com/photos/copygirlx/favorites/
or my etsy faves http://www.etsy.com/people/copygirlx/favorites?ref=si_fav

*Surprise me!

Thank you for choosing me. Please PM anytime you want!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011 03:05:50 PM by Pearliepie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mac Tip: How to use your Mac Trackpad
How to Fold an Origami Four Leg Box
How to Fold an Origami Rocket
How to make Homemade Halloween Decorations
How to make origami claws
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...