A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Swap CLOSED FOR CLAIMS  (Read 6244 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

marleymiss
Only Skin

Stitches 'n' Hoes

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2011 03:00:03 PM »

I laim SciFunk for the Glassware because I can't help myself it sounds too much fun!!

Send by 9th June

Send by June 9

2 claims outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 claims received

Andrea from Birmingham UK.
A student busily collecting hoops to make a sweet collection for university life.

I prefer hoops that are less than about 10 inches because I'll probably have a space issue come September. Colours wise I have quite a lot of blue in my hoopla wall so if you could steer clear of putting too much blue in a hoop, but otherwise I'm down with anything!! I love standard images done in rainbow colouring, the more boring or 'diagram-y' looking the original the better!

My Themes
1. Dinosaurs or birds!

2. Something Grey's Anatomy inspired

3. Something inspired by any of these movies:
Arthur[2011 version]
Get Him to the Greek
Harold and Maude
Pineapple Express
Amelie

4. A car from this list: BMW Isetta, any Maserati, Any Bugatti, Any Koenigsegg or ANY vintage car

5. A lamp

6. Diagrams of things for example:
Animal skeletons, car parts

7. A line drawing of David Crystal the linguist, with his name underneath it[because me and my friend will find it hilarious]

8. Clifton suspension bridge[maybe with a Pineapple Express quote that says "My second favourite civil engineer of all time" next to it]

9. Snes controller[not nes though!]

This swap is getting me far too excited!! xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwiltykate
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2011 09:43:48 PM »

I claim marleymiss for the SNES controller!

Send by June 10

FIRST CLAIM - 1 claim outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 received

Im Kate from Adelaide, Australia.  Currently on mat leave expecting 3rd baby! I live with my husband and 2 kids - boy 11 and girl 8. My hoopla wall consists of two small tree hoops,  I would love to add to my collection Smiley
Any size hoop is fine, prefer the wooden hoops or the fake wood over the bright plastic ones.

My Favourite colour combinations include
- Red/White
- Lime/Pink/Lavender
- Neutrals - browns, tans,
- Blue/White

My themes
- Trees with owls, flowers or just plain
- Owls
- Black and white cows
- Russian Dolls
- Yoda from Star Wars ( or if anyone loves to make one of those Star Wars day of the dead type embroideries ANY will do, and I will love you forever Wink
- Astroboy
- Patchwork
- Sewing machine or anything sewing/quilting related
- The Simpsons quotes, characters, whatever favourites include the screamapillar, duffman, crazy cat lady, or Homer
Anything WIST inspired would be great too, PM if you need any further info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2011 03:57:00 PM »

I claim kwiltykate for Russian Dolls! Smiley

Send by June 10th

First claim - 1 claim outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 received

Hello! I'm Zidisha, and I'm in Georgia. I've recently dedicated a full wall to hoopla and would love the help of you wonderful craftsterers to help me fill it out! Since I'm on my summer break from college, I have plenty of time to have movie/show marathons and stitch up lovliness. Wink

I'm pretty easy to please, and love a variety of styles. My favorite things are probably pop culture references, text, graphic, vintage/retro, and humor. I'm okay with any size/shape; I like variety. Smiley

As far as colors, there aren't any I don't like, but my faves are dark purple, grey, mustard yellow, and aqua-teal-turquoise-seafoam type colors. I'd love if the background fabric wasn't white/beige/etc., but if that works for your design idea, then by all means go for it!!

Themes:
-Soviet Russia / USSR
-one of these films:
   -Lars and the Real Girl
   -American Beauty
   -Little Miss Sunshine
   -Rent!
-anything Glee!! My fave characters as far as quotes are Sue and Brittany/Santana
-something inspired by my wists or etsy faves
-Oscar Wilde
-circus
-musicals (Wicked, Chicago, or Zanna, Don't!)
-silly humour
-Catholic saints
-tarot cards
- "Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts." - Great Expectations

My wists: http://www.wists.com/
Etsy faves: http://www.etsy.com/people/ZidishaLuxe/favorites
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AnnaAnna
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2011 07:56:27 PM »

I claim ZidishaLuxe for "Heaven knows" quote
Send by June 10

Claims 2
Sent 1
Received 0

My name is Anna I live in Southern California, USA with my boyfriend and my mischievous dog Kiki.  I work a museum in the anthropology department.  I would describe myself as a mix of stuffy academic and bohemian earth-mother.  Which seems like a contradiction but it works out I guess.  When I'm at home I'm either in my kitchen cooking or crafting and watching Netflix (hi sheepblue!).  

I guess my guidelines below are more like themes and iconography I'm drawn to as opposed to specific ideas.  I do have an etsy favorites page if anyone would like to peruse that http://www.etsy.com/people/Flophouse/favorites?ref=pr_faveitems_more.  I don't have too many hang-ups about style size, color, etc just as long as it is well made!

1.   Northwest and Southwest Native American art -- especially Hopi Kachina dolls
2.   Byzantine art - particularly icons with the Madonna
3.   Tidal pools
4.   Southern food -- more specifically Appalachian food like fried green tomatoes, country ham, cornbread and blackberries... maybe anthropomorphized for my kitchen?
5.   the Honeysuckle flower and Magnolia blooms
6.   Ancient Minoan Art and iconography  -- especially the underwater scenes, ex: http://traumwerk.stanford.edu:3455/94/146
7.   Edgar Allan Poe, Charles Darwin and Charles Dickens are my favorite men
My favorite Poe quote is "The ninety and nine are with dreams, content, but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true."
8.   Frida Kahlo, the Virgin Mary and Margaret Mead are my favorite women
9.  Doctor Who  - the 10th doctor and Donna are my favorites
10. Bonsai trees

Thank you in advance!  I'm really excited!

CLAIMS
skittlebub - Send by June 3
FiberAlchemist - Send by June 3
ZidishaLuxe - Send by June 10
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011 08:07:16 AM by AnnaAnna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2011 05:14:29 PM »

I claim AnnaAnna for something inspired by Frida Kahlo
Due 6/11

1 claim outstanding/1 in transit/3 received

My name is Emma and live in MI USA, working and going to school to get my degree in art! My schedule can be kind of hectic at times, but I love to slow down and craft to Netflix all day. I am a complete jeans and tshirt kind of girl, really laid back and generally I don't bite  Wink

I have fallen deeply in love with embroidery. I love 3-D and mixed media effects with it, as well as simple beautiful line drawings. I love almost every color of the rainbow, except pastels, neons, and too much pink. Right now my favorite colors are typically deep blues and teals, leafy green, and reds that range from maroon to fire engine red. I love the use of colored backgrounds, as well as beautiful natural linens, and have a collection of wooden hoops that I'd like to continue with (metal is ok too, but plastic isn't my fave). I do both cross stitch and embroidery, but I'm looking for more embroidery for my hoopla wall, thanks! There's also a bunch of ideas and inspiration on my profile and wist.

I love snarky humor! Adult themes and language are A-ok though not required. I'm not super huge into cutesy designs. Lately I've been fascinated with steampunk designs, surrealism, and Teesha Moore style art. I'm a quirky weird kind of person and love the unusual and strange.

You can check out my pinterest for ideas of what I like.

Here are my themes!

1. anatomical hearts
2. monochromatic in reds
4. day of the dead
5. steampunk
6. "twisted" or "anti" fairy tales
7. ravens/crows
8. rainbow spectrum
9. Frida Kahlo

Thanks for whoever claims me!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011 05:18:18 PM by sheepBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2011 07:15:54 AM »

I claim sheepBlue for a monochromatic red hoop.

1 claims outstanding, 2 in transit, 1 claims received

Send by May 12

Hiya everyone! I'm T! I live in Georgia with my husband and 2 kidlets. I'm a high school Spanish teacher who crafts to keep her sanity.

I am not picky about size nor type of hoop that you may send me. I have tons of info about my likes/dislikes in my profile as well as So You Want to Swap? page on my blog. I'm the chatty type so if you have any questions, feel free to send me a quick PM!

PLEASE, no profanity or Day of the Dead stuff!

My Wist!

My Shiny New Pinterest!

My Themes

1. Celtic knotwork - pure knotwork, not zoomorphs (twisted animals/humans) which get kind of creepy

2. anything Japanese - My bathroom is decorated in a Japanese themes. Maybe something like a geisha, samurai, koi or kanji

3. something inspired by Hispanic cultures for decorating my classroom. For example, I already have a Flamenco dancer and a hoop with the Aztec sun god.   (Please no Day of the Dead stuff. My admins don't quite understand this concept so I have to be very careful about what I use.)

4. Nature - I LOVE trees and clouds, not so much into the cutesified animals though.

5. Garden gnomes

6. Mythological creatures - Pegasus, Dragon, Unicorn

7. Something Pink, Sparkly and Princess for my daughter's room - She is 5 and quite the little Diva. She has claimed a couple of my latest hoops for her own little hoopla wall.

8. My favorite quote - "Be the change that you want to see in the World." - M. Ghandi

9. something inspired by my Wist

10. a monochromatic piece in either dark greens or dark reds

11. a Harry Potter spell hoop

12. a sleeping cat - My black cat sleeps in all sorts of weird positions so I'm fine with whichever pose you choose. Smiley

MY CLAIMS LIST

Send to MommytheMaid for a Badtz Maru hoop by May 26 -RECEIVED!

Send to Schnerby for a karate inspired hoop by May 31 - SENT!
Send to Seereeoslee for a floral bouquet hoop by June 6 - SENT!
Send to sheepBlue for a monochromatic red hoop by June 12
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011 07:22:42 AM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2011 07:20:45 PM »

I claim troublet for a Harry Potter spell hoop Smiley
Send by June 12th

2 claims outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 received

Hello! I'm Zidisha, and I'm in Georgia. I've recently dedicated a full wall to hoopla and would love the help of you wonderful craftsterers to help me fill it out! Since I'm on my summer break from college, I have plenty of time to have movie/show marathons and stitch up lovliness.

I'm pretty easy to please, and love a variety of styles. My favorite things are probably pop culture references, text, graphic, vintage/retro, and humor. I'm okay with any size/shape; I like variety.

As far as colors, there aren't any I don't like, but my faves are dark purple, grey, mustard yellow, and aqua-teal-turquoise-seafoam type colors. I'd love if the background fabric wasn't white/beige/etc., but if that works for your design idea, then by all means go for it!!

Themes:
-Soviet Russia / USSR
-Watchmen, the graphic novel (Dr. Manhattan is my fave)
-one of these films:
   -Lars and the Real Girl
   -American Beauty
   -Little Miss Sunshine
   -Rent!
-anything Glee!! My fave characters as far as quotes are Sue and Brittany/Santana
-something inspired by my wists or etsy faves
-vintage cameras
-Oscar Wilde
-circus
-musicals (Wicked, Chicago, or Zanna, Don't!)
-silly humour
-Catholic saints
-tarot cards
- "Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts." - Great Expectations
My wists: http://www.wists.com/
Etsy faves: http://www.etsy.com/people/ZidishaLuxe/favorites
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera Review
How to Enhance Photos using the Epson Artisan 810 Printer
Digital Photography Tips
How to Use Reflectors
How to Create Composition with the Rule of Thirds
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...