A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,319
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Swap CLOSED FOR CLAIMS  (Read 7250 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AnnaAnna
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011 04:15:16 PM »

I claim skittlebub for something in the mint/chocolate chip color combination
Send by June 3

Claims 1
Sent 0
Received 0

My name is Anna I live in Southern California, USA with my boyfriend and my mischievous dog Kiki.  I work a museum in the anthropology department.  I would describe myself as a mix of stuffy academic and bohemian earth-mother.  Which seems like a contradiction but it works out I guess.  When I'm at home I'm either in my kitchen cooking or crafting and watching Netflix (hi sheepblue!).  I don't have a hoopla wall yet... So whoever picks me will be my first!

I guess my guidelines below are more like themes and iconography I'm drawn to as opposed to specific ideas.  I do have an etsy favorites page if anyone would like to peruse that http://www.etsy.com/people/Flophouse/favorites?ref=pr_faveitems_more.  I don't have too many hang-ups about style, etc just as long as it is well made!

1.   Northwest and Southwest Native American art -- especially Hopi Kachina dolls
2.   Byzantine art - particularly icons with the Madonna
3.   Tidal pools
4.   Southern food -- more specifically Appalachian food like fried green tomatoes, country ham, cornbread and blackberries... maybe anthropomorphized for my kitchen?
5.   the Honeysuckle flower and Magnolia blooms
6.   Ancient Minoan Art and iconography  -- especially the underwater scenes, ex: http://traumwerk.stanford.edu:3455/94/146
7.   Edgar Allan Poe, Charles Darwin and Charles Dickens are my favorite men
8.   Frida Kahlo, the Virgin Mary and Margaret Mead are my favorite women
9.  Doctor Who  - the 10th doctor and Donna are my favorites

Thank you in advance!  I'm really excited!

CLAIMS
skittlebub - Send by June 3
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 06:06:23 PM by AnnaAnna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011 05:01:50 PM »

I claim AnnaAnna for Northwest and Southwest Native American Art
Send by June 3

Claims: 1
Sent: 0
Received: 0

Hi, Im Barbara and I live in Washington state, USA with my husband.  No kiddos and no pets (yet). Im a geek at heart and love all things Whedon, Doctor Who, sci-fi and gaming. I love most colors, though Im not particularly fond of pastels, neons, purple or excessive amounts of pink.  At the moment Im loving the turquoise/red combo and love greens, oranges and yellows.  I would prefer not to receive nudity or vulgar themes unless otherwise stated.

1.  Alice in Wonderland (original book illustrations)
2.  Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Can I trade in the children for more cash?, Hey, party in my eye socket, and everyones invited.  I watched Passions with Spike.
3.  Cute Robots
4.  Evil Dead - Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart
5.  Day of the Dead Star Wars (ie Jose Pulido illustrations)
6.  Doctor Horrible - And sometimes there's a third... even deeper level... and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with pie.
7.  Doctor Who - New Who mostly, I love Matt Smith, the Weeping Angels and Daleks
8.  Harry Potter - I love Luna
9.  Monochromatic Reds
10. Twenty-sided die
11. World of Warcraft (I play a troll shaman)

Ive just started my pinterest so there is a little inspiration there; but too much yet.

CLAIMS:
AnnaAnna - NW and SW Native American Art - Send by June 3
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 08:12:52 PM by FiberAlchemist » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AnnaAnna
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011 09:12:50 PM »

I claim FiberAlchemist for twenty-sided die
Send by June 3

Claims 2
Sent 0
Received 0

My name is Anna I live in Southern California, USA with my boyfriend and my mischievous dog Kiki.  I work a museum in the anthropology department.  I would describe myself as a mix of stuffy academic and bohemian earth-mother.  Which seems like a contradiction but it works out I guess.  When I'm at home I'm either in my kitchen cooking or crafting and watching Netflix (hi sheepblue!).  I don't have a hoopla wall yet... So whoever picks me will be my first!

I guess my guidelines below are more like themes and iconography I'm drawn to as opposed to specific ideas.  I do have an etsy favorites page if anyone would like to peruse that http://www.etsy.com/people/Flophouse/favorites?ref=pr_faveitems_more.  I don't have too many hang-ups about style, etc just as long as it is well made!

1.   Northwest and Southwest Native American art -- especially Hopi Kachina dolls
2.   Byzantine art - particularly icons with the Madonna
3.   Tidal pools
4.   Southern food -- more specifically Appalachian food like fried green tomatoes, country ham, cornbread and blackberries... maybe anthropomorphized for my kitchen?
5.   the Honeysuckle flower and Magnolia blooms
6.   Ancient Minoan Art and iconography  -- especially the underwater scenes, ex: http://traumwerk.stanford.edu:3455/94/146
7.   Edgar Allan Poe, Charles Darwin and Charles Dickens are my favorite men
  My favorite Poe quote is "The ninety and nine are with dreams, content, but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true."
8.   Frida Kahlo, the Virgin Mary and Margaret Mead are my favorite women
9.  Doctor Who  - the 10th doctor and Donna are my favorites
10. Bonsai trees

Thank you in advance!  I'm really excited!

CLAIMS
skittlebub - Send by June 3
FiberAlchemist - Send by June 3
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011 11:12:04 AM by AnnaAnna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2011 07:06:31 AM »

I am going to claim AnnaAnna for Bonsai tree ( changed due to last claim)

3/0/0

Hello My name is Monica and I live on the last bank of the Famed North Carolina Outer Banks Smiley  I am pretty eclectic when it comes to hoops and my home. I love all the hoops in my HUGE pintrest so you can see what I love.

If your a smoker please pass on claiming me as my granddaughter cant be around the sticky tar stuff. Also, My Grandson has Autism so please do not make anything with a green background..He is so odd and kelly/crayon/primary green is a huge trigger color for him...Odd I know but it what it is  Wink

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/needle-point/ just not the button trees please they are there for something else

Themes
 1) Mermaids/Ocean sea life/Nautical ( real looking not cartoonie please)
 2) Bigfoot
 3) French Bull dog ( he is black and white like in my profile)
 4) French rolling Lavender fields
 5) Cute Garden gnomes ( I have the ones I love in my pintrest you can see)
 6) Seattle  I am so homesick..there is one you can see the Space Needle
 7) Sloths
 Cool Love tree with Phil +Monica
 9) something you see in www.pintrest.com/babalina58 not the button trees or flower buttons however.
10) The Space Shuttle ( My dad (RIP)retired from the shuttle program and my Uncle both were part of the shuttle teams for years)
11) OMG love love hehehe just not with the word fragile http://pinterest.com/pin/12219799/
12) I adore the combo of materials used like http://pinterest.com/pin/9927542/ ~ http://pinterest.com/pin/18933404/ ~http://pinterest.com/pin/11510930/ ~http://pinterest.com/pin/10644869/ ~http://pinterest.com/pin/9833744/ ~http://pinterest.com/pin/9077893/ ~http://pinterest.com/pin/7595372/

Thanks for claiming me!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011 08:12:21 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2011 09:24:47 PM »

I am going to claim babalina58 for the Christmas Story lamp.
2/0/0
send by 6/6/2011

My name is Pearl, and I live in beautiful Colorado with my husband (who I've known since grade 7! We never dated until way after high school though) I love decorating my house with art. I'm not really into creepy/Gore stuff, but I do love a good alien movie. Anything to do with space or the end of the world really sets my mind spinning!

Some themes:
*Trees/leaves/plant designs

*The universe/space- something about the vastness of the universe really comforts me, especially since I lost my mom in February.

*Art Nouveau

*steampunk

*fairy tales (Baba Yagga is my favorite, but I love almost all of them)

*TV shows- Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica, Community, Carnival

*Something inspired by my flickr favs http://www.flickr.com/photos/copygirlx/favorites/
or my etsy faves http://www.etsy.com/people/copygirlx/favorites?ref=si_fav

*Surprise me!

Thank you for choosing me. Please PM anytime you want!

Claims
Lukenlarry-send May 27
Babalina 58-send by june 6
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
Seereeoslee

Get 'em while they're young

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011 03:47:07 PM »

I claim Pearliepie for something inspired by her flickr faves.
1/0/0  (My first claim in my first hoopla swap!!!)
Send by 6/6/11

My name is Juli, I live in Buffalo, NY and I'm pretty new to Craftster, but not to crafting.  I recently rediscovered how much I love counted cross stitch and embroidery and can't wait to start getting hoops up on my wall!  I'm a sci-fi geek and I hate doing housework when there's something I could be crafting.  I stay home with my two year old daughter and we love going for walks and tending the gardens at my mom's house.

Themes I would like:
  *  Dr Who - Weeping Angels, the Tardis, I like all of the 3 new Doctors and their companions, the quote from Idris the Tardis: "I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and ran away."  
  *  Firefly - I'd love a quote.  That was a really well-written show.
  *  Star Wars - especially Yoda and the Jedi, the bots, and light sabers.  (The Robot Chicken spoofs are awesome!)
  *  Flowers - gardens, vases, bouquets
  *  Something for my daughter - She likes: the letter "D", the color pink, pandas, sparkles (really, any girlie girl stuff) in any combination
  *  Sewing/knitting/crocheting

Feel free to visit my wist and to PM me with any comments or questions!

Happy Crafting!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011 04:19:41 PM by Seereeoslee - Reason: corrected send by date » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*  *  *  *  Swaps  *  *  *  *  Granny's Daughters Round 8 and a Half (time to buy more yarn)  *  *  *  *
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011 04:02:19 PM »

I claim Seereeoslee for a bouquet hoop.

Send by June 6

0 claims outstanding, 3 in transit, 0 claims received

Hiya everyone! I'm T! I live in GA with my husband and 2 kidlets. I'm a high school Spanish teacher who crafts to keep her sanity.

I am not picky about size nor type of hoop that you may send me. I have tons of info about my likes/dislikes in my profile as well as So You Want to Swap? page on my blog. I'm the chatty type so if you have any questions, feel free to send me a quick PM!

PLEASE, no profanity or Day of the Dead stuff!

My Wist!

My Shiny New Pinterest!

My Themes
1. Celtic knotwork - pure knotwork, not zoomorphs (twisted animals/humans) which get kind of creepy

2. anything Japanese - My bathroom is decorated in a Japanese themes. Maybe something like a geisha, samurai, koi or kanji

3. something inspired by hispanic cultures for decorating my classroom. For example, I already have a Flamenco dancer and a hoop with the Aztec sun god.   (Please no Day of the Dead stuff. My admins don't quite understand this concept so I have to be very careful about what I use.)

4. Nature - I LOVE trees and clouds, not so much into the cutesified animals though.

5. Garden gnomes

6. Constellations - My favorite one is Orion.

7. Mythological creatures - Pegasus, Dragon, Unicorn, Hydra

8. Something Pink, Sparkly and Princess for my daughter's room - She is 5 and quite the little Diva. She has claimed a couple of my latest hoops for her own little hoopla wall.

9. My favorite quote - "Be the change that you want to see in the World." - M. Ghandi

10. a hummingbird or a cardinal

11. a cat sleeping in an odd position...you'd have to see how my cat Raven sleeps...crazy furchild!

12. something inspired by my Wist

MY CLAIMS LIST

Send to MommytheMaid a Badtz Maru hoop by May 26 - SENT! 5/17
Send to Schnerby a karate inspired hoop by May 31 - SENT! 5/17
Send to Seereeoslee a bouquet hoop by June 6 - SENT! 5/20
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011 04:28:57 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
marleymiss
Only Skin

Stitches 'n' Hoes

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2011 08:56:23 AM »

I claim Troublet for a Garden gnome themed hoop.

Send by June 9

1 claim outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 claims received

Hi I'm Andrea from Birmingham UK.
I'm a student busily collecting hoops to make my room at uni next year more homely!

I prefer hoops that are less than about 10 inches because I'll probably have a space issue come September. Colours wise I have quite a lot of blue in my hoopla wall so if you could steer clear of putting too much blue in a hoop, but otherwise I'm down with anything!! I love standard images done in rainbow colouring, the more boring or 'diagram-y' looking the original the better!

My Themes
1. Dinosaurs or birds!

2. Something Grey's Anatomy inspired

3. Something inspired by any of these movies:
Arthur[2011 version]
Get Him to the Greek
Harold and Maude
Pineapple Express
Amelie

4. A car from this list: BMW Isetta, any Maserati, Any Bugatti, Any Koenigsegg or ANY vintage car

5. A lamp

6. Diagrams of things for example:
Animal skeletons, car parts

7. A line drawing of David Crystal the linguist, with his name underneath it[because me and my friend will find it hilarious]

Cheesy

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011 09:25:29 AM by marleymiss - Reason: Missed info » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seereeoslee

Get 'em while they're young

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2011 10:02:19 AM »

I claim marleymiss for a line drawing of David Crystal the linguist (because, come on, how often do you see that kind of request?)
2 outstanding / 0 sent / 0 received
Send by 6/9/11

My name is Juli, I live in Buffalo, NY and I'm pretty new to Craftster, but not to crafting.  I recently rediscovered how much I love counted cross stitch and embroidery and can't wait to start getting hoops up on my wall!  I'm a sci-fi geek and I hate doing housework when there's something I could be crafting.  I stay home with my two year old daughter and we love going for walks and tending the gardens at my mom's house.

Themes I would like:
  *  Dr Who - Weeping Angels, the Tardis, I like all of the 3 new Doctors and their companions, the quote from Idris the Tardis: "I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and ran away." 
  *  Firefly - I'd love a quote.  That was a really well-written show.
  *  Star Wars - especially Yoda and the Jedi, the bots, and light sabers.  (The Robot Chicken spoofs are awesome!)
  *  Flowers - gardens, vases
  *  Something for my daughter - She likes: the letter "D", the color pink, pandas, sparkles (really, any girlie girl stuff) in any combination
  *  Sewing/knitting/crocheting

Feel free to visit my wist and to PM me with any comments or questions!

Happy Crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*  *  *  *  Swaps  *  *  *  *  Granny's Daughters Round 8 and a Half (time to buy more yarn)  *  *  *  *
SciFunk
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2011 10:29:58 AM »

I claim Seereeoslee for a Firefly quote or (if I can't find one I really like) a vase/flower type thing.

1 outstanding / 0 sent / 0 received

Send by 6/9/11

My name is Alyssa. I live in Cambridge, MA. I like science, computer games, and comfy chairs. I don't like job hunting or taking out the trash. Smiley

Here are my themes:
-chemistry, glassware
-dragons, mermaids, cthulhu
-DNA, genetics
-peacocks
-chinchillas
-wizards
-women in Victorian or similarly huge dresses

Of course, anything wishlist or stalking inspired is welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Summer Travel Tips For Natural Hair
Rock a Gorgeous Updo for Short Hair
3 Super Easy Braid Styles
How to Get Long-Lasting Hair Volume
Get a Cute Gym Hairstyle That Will Stay Put
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...