A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,657
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Swap CLOSED FOR CLAIMS  (Read 6269 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011 05:00:05 AM »

I claim fiorinda for something steampunk/neovictorian
Send by May 16

2 Claims outstanding, 0 Claims in Transit, 0 Claims Received

My name is Emma and live in MI USA, working and going to school to get my degree in art! My schedule can be kind of hectic at times, but I love to slow down and craft to Netflix all day. I am a complete jeans and tshirt kind of girl, really laid back and generally I don't bite  Wink

I have fallen deeply in love with embroidery. I love 3-D and mixed media effects with it, as well as simple beautiful line drawings. I love almost every color of the rainbow, except pastels, neons, and too much pink. Right now my favorite colors are typically deep blues and teals, leafy green, and reds that range from maroon to fire engine red. I love the use of colored backgrounds, as well as beautiful natural linens, and have a collection of wooden hoops that I'd like to continue with (metal is ok too, but plastic isn't my fave). There's also a bunch of ideas and inspiration on my profile and wist.

I love snarky humor! Adult themes and language are A-ok though not required. Lately I've been fascinated with steampunk designs, surrealism, and Teesha Moore style art. I'm a quirky weird kind of person and love the unusual and strange.

Here are my themes!

1. anatomical hearts
2. sideshow/oddities (would love a bearded woman or tattooed lady)
3. monochromatic in reds
4. day of the dead
5. Incorporating this quote "I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."
6. oujia/fortune telling
7. steampunk
8. inspired by surrealist Rene Magritte

Thanks for whoever claims me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiorinda
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011 05:15:19 AM »

I claim Sheep Blue for her # 5 quote hoop
Due May 16

Claims:2
Sent:0
Received:0

Hi! I live just north of Atlanta, GA with my husband, 4 kids, and a cat.  My hoop wall is in my bedroom.  I think there is an updated picture in my Craftster Gallery.  I love blues, greens, whites, ivories, and dark red.  I don;t like creepy or monsters.  I like pretty things.

Themes
1.  Initial W
2.  Steampunk/neovictorian
3.  Alice in Wonderland(but not the Disney version)
4.  Something Abstract/monochromatic in whites/ivory
5.  Cute Birds
6. Vintage Transfer(but not the anthropomorphic dishes/fruit--animals, people are okay)
7. mixed media embroidery inspired by anything on this list

You can see the things I like on:
wists.com/hsparrow
wists.com/fiorinda
pinterest.com/10wanderway

Thank You!  Feel free to PM me about anything! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011 05:25:17 AM »

I claim Florinda for cute birds
Sending by 16 May

Claims: 1
Sent: 0
Received: 0

Hi, I'm in Australia and I'm a high school art teacher (this is my first year after a career change from journalism).

I love Super Mario (expecially Goomba), karate, writing, reading, books, drawing, socks, tea, nailpolish, propaganda, Chairman Mao, Tibetan culture and language, silliness, quirkyness, skeleton keys, photography, SBS newsreader Li Lin Chin and travel. I have a travel map and Asia has so many pins in it that it's becoming quite rediculous. I'm going back in June.

Please don't post meat, bark, wood, seeds, dried fruit, plant material (or anything else listed on http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/mail/cant-mail). It's not so relevant to this swap but I've had all the previous mentioned things confiscated from swap packages. It's not fun for anyone involved.

I'm vegetarian. I'm also passionate about Fairtrade. Probably not themes for a hoop, just something of interest.

Small hoops are A-ok with me.

Themes
~Karate. I love my martial arts
~Quotes:
The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. ~ Gichin Funakoshi
Karate begins and ends with respect. ~ Anko Itosu
~Propaganda
~Chairman Mao (either propaganda or doing something silly and out of character)
~Birds (especially parrots, wading birds, green or white budgies, rainbow lorikeets, eclectus parrots, peacocks)
~Bonsai
~SBS newsreader Li Lin Chin
~SPECIAL REQUEST: The Chinese characters 'Nanyang' 南阳 The place I lived in China. 'Nan' must come before 'yang' ie. nan on the left if you're doing them horizontal or on the top if you're going vertical.
Links to the individual characters:
Nan: http://www.nciku.com/search/zh/detail/%E5%8D%97/1310753
Yang: http://www.nciku.com/search/zh/detail/%E9%98%B3/1317637
If you want to add two more characters you could also add Henan - which is the province Nanyang is in (http://www.nciku.com/search/zh/detail/%E6%B2%B3%E5%8D%97/136514). I know characters can be difficult so please, please ask for help if you have questions.

Fave colours: Black, silver, dark purple, turquoise, green, red, blue
Dislike: Pink, pastels, orange (although feel free to use them as part of a design), button art, cutsey owls. I'm also not much into girliness/frills/lace etc. Please don't send witch/wicca/pagan themed material or tarot, ouija, new age stuff. I'm also not into patriotism/nationalism.

www.wists.com/schnerby
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011 05:02:22 AM »

I claim Schnerby for The Chinese characters 'Nanyang'
Send by May 17th

2 Claims outstanding, 0 Claims in Transit, 0 Claims Received

My name is Laura and I live in Maryland with my husband, 3 kids, dog, cat, rabbit, and frogs.

I have a huge wall set aside for hoops and it has had many beautiful additions from swapping, but there is a ton of room left to fill. I'm happy with any size or shape hoop.

I am a huge fan of Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, the color blue in all shades. I'm trying to make our house feel something like a beach cottage (even tho we are about 30 minute drive from the Chesapeake bay) but the house has more of an overstuffed, cluttered, lived in feel.

Themes:
1. beach or ocean themed (ie, beachfront, boats, shells, waves, octopi etc)
2. Steampunk (maybe a variation of Urban Thread's clockwork fae or steam motifs airship or steam nouveau)
3. Meowth or Team Rocket (from Pokemon)
4. blackwork
5. monochromatic in blues
6. a mini cross stitched quilt (any pattern)
7. silly frogs/tree frogs/faerie frog
8. The letter K or L
9. Anything at all that inspires you

Thank you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011 01:33:57 PM »

I'm claiming Averia for something ocean-y. Smiley

Sending before May 17 (it'll be WELL before).

This is my first claim... so, 1 outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 received

Hello!! My name is Nicole and I live in Michigan with my husband, four cats, and my Pomeranian Eevee.

I'm really easy to please- the only things I really do NOT like are clowns, horror/gore, or anything too frilly/girly.

I am a MEGA-HUGE Harry Potter fan. I love to read, listen to music, and (obviously) craft. I also love nature and animals. I love rainbow, and most any colors (not huge fan of pastel pink or neon colors).

Themes:

1) Harry Potter anything. Seriously. Much love forever. I'm a Hufflepuff, in case it matters. Smiley
2) I'd love a cross-stitch hoop version of this t-shirt: http://www.annarbortshirtcompany.com/162-Super-Mega-Foxy-Awesome-Hot-printed-shirt (I know that's really specific and not really a theme per say...)
3) Day of the Dead
4) Sewing/embroidery/crafty-ness
5) Reading/book related stuff
6) Anything based off my wists: http://www.annarbortshirtcompany.com/162-Super-Mega-Foxy-Awesome-Hot-printed-shirt  Just let me know what you pick so I can remove it to avoid doubles.  Grin
7) Mythical creatures (dragon, mermaid, phoenix...)

*I'm not crazy about hoops where the background fabric has a bold pattern on it, unless the pattern becomes part of the design. Hope that makes sense...

*Any size/shape hoops are fine with me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011 07:03:27 PM »

I claim PirateColey for her Harry Potter theme!
Send by May 17

3 Claims outstanding, 0 Claims in Transit, 0 Claims Received

My name is Emma and live in MI USA, working and going to school to get my degree in art! My schedule can be kind of hectic at times, but I love to slow down and craft to Netflix all day. I am a complete jeans and tshirt kind of girl, really laid back and generally I don't bite  Wink

I have fallen deeply in love with embroidery. I love 3-D and mixed media effects with it, as well as simple beautiful line drawings. I love almost every color of the rainbow, except pastels, neons, and too much pink. Right now my favorite colors are typically deep blues and teals, leafy green, and reds that range from maroon to fire engine red. I love the use of colored backgrounds, as well as beautiful natural linens, and have a collection of wooden hoops that I'd like to continue with (metal is ok too, but plastic isn't my fave). There's also a bunch of ideas and inspiration on my profile and wist.

I love snarky humor! Adult themes and language are A-ok though not required. Lately I've been fascinated with steampunk designs, surrealism, and Teesha Moore style art. I'm a quirky weird kind of person and love the unusual and strange.

Here are my themes!

1. anatomical hearts
2. sideshow/oddities (would love a bearded woman or tattooed lady)
3. monochromatic in reds
4. day of the dead
5. oujia/fortune telling
6. steampunk
7. inspired by surrealism art and/or Rene Magritte
8. Banksy (british street artist)
9. "twisted" or "anti" fairy tales
10. ravens/crows
11. rainbow spectrum

Thanks for whoever claims me!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011 06:40:02 PM by sheepBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011 08:47:08 AM »

I'm claiming sheepBluefor something oujia themed. Because I had a brilliant idea.

Sending before May 19.

2 outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 received

Hello!! My name is Nicole and I live in Michigan with my husband, four cats, and my Pomeranian Eevee.

I'm really easy to please- the only things I really do NOT like are clowns, horror/gore, or anything too frilly/girly.

I am a MEGA-HUGE Harry Potter fan. I love to read, listen to music, and (obviously) craft. I also love nature and animals. I love rainbow, and most any colors (not huge fan of pastel pink or neon colors).

Themes:

1) Harry Potter anything. Seriously. Much love forever. I'm a Hufflepuff, in case it matters. (sheepBlue is doing something HP for me now, but I'd love more)
2) I'd love a cross-stitch hoop version of this t-shirt: http://www.annarbortshirtcompany.com/162-Super-Mega-Foxy-Awesome-Hot-printed-shirt (I know that's really specific and not really a theme per say...)
3) Day of the Dead
4) Sewing/embroidery/crafty-ness
5) Reading/book related stuff
6) Anything based off my wists: http://www.annarbortshirtcompany.com/162-Super-Mega-Foxy-Awesome-Hot-printed-shirt  Just let me know what you pick so I can remove it to avoid doubles.  Grin
7) Mythical creatures (dragon, mermaid, phoenix...)

*I'm not crazy about hoops where the background fabric has a bold pattern on it, unless the pattern becomes part of the design. Hope that makes sense...

*Any size/shape hoops are fine with me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

malkavian6
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011 06:57:42 PM »

Hello!

I claim .... PirateColey for Mythical Creatures!!
Due by May 23rd!   (oops hehe forgot this!)

1 outstanding claim   0 claims in transit and   0 Received Claims

My name is Karyn and I live around Toronto, Canada. I am a part time student and i work as a baker during the day. I am not married and i do not have any children.. unless you could my cute little fur child named Maxwell who is a miniature schnauzer!

My favourite colours are : Purple, green, red, yellow, orange and black? I would prefer to not have a hoopla made out of something pink.. Other than that its fair game!

I would love anything inspired by the list below!

- A Sea Monster!!
- Trueblood (eric themed? Cheesy)
- Victorian inspired
- a victorian corset!
- an owl in a tree
-a willow tree!
- anything that strikes your fancy!
- a vintage pin up girl
- anything baking related
- something freakshow related (i really am intrigued by the idea Sheepblue!)

thank you in advance to whoever claims me!

(feel free to pm me if you have any questions, i do not have a wists Sad)\

thanks
- karyn
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011 01:01:28 AM by malkavian6 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

- karyn

Currently participating in swap(s) below!

- Ga Ga for Granny Squares :
Sent out my squares!
muddy21
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011 07:12:39 PM »

Well, I was about to claim PirateColey for mythical creatures, but someone beat me to it!

So, in a lightning change of direction, it will be malkavian6 for - A Sea Monster!!

Sending by May 23.  Claims 1/0/0

Hi, Im Marilyn and I love to hoopla!   Cheesy

I live in an old house in the country in New England with my two teenage sons (16 & 18) and two indoor cats.  I work in the library at a private boarding school (high school).  I'm working on a master's in education with the hope of going into some sort of environmental or science teaching.  I love nature and the outdoors and prefer colors in the range of earth-, nature-, or jewel-tones with wood or wood-look hoops.  I generally prefer realistic to cutesy. I love whimsical, eccentric, or odd - Im pretty easy to please, really.  If youre inspired, run with it!!

My wist is at http://www.wists.com/muddy21/all/?tag2=&offset=0&searchme=

Themes
1  animals/birds/insects (real or mythical)
2  forests/gardens
3  seashore/ocean life
4  little houses
5  fairy houses
6  gnomes/mushrooms
7  retro 50s kitchen utensils/decor
8  retro 50s science fiction rocket ships/robots
9  steampunk

Thanks for claiming me!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011 07:44:44 AM »

I claim Muddy21 For something forest/garden

This is my first claim,

Hello My name is Monica and I live on the last bank of the Famed North Carolina Outer Banks Smiley  I am pretty eclectic when it comes to hoops and my home. I love all the hoops in my HUGE pintrest so you can see what I love.

If your a smoker please pass on claiming me as my granddaughter cant be around the sticky tar stuff. Also, My Grandson has Autism so please do not make anything with a green background..He is so odd and kelly/crayon/primary green is a huge trigger color for him...Odd I know but it what it is  Wink

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/needle-point/

Themes
 1) Mermaids/Ocean sea life/Nautical
 2) Bigfoot
 3) French Bull dog ( he is black and white like in my profile)
 4) French Lavender fields
 5) Cute Garden gnomes ( I have the ones I love in my pintrest you can see)
 6) Seattle  I am so homesick..there is one you can see the Space Needle
 7) Sloths
 Cool  Ladies/Burlesque just not nude
 9) Old school sewing machines
10) The Space Shuttle ( My dad (RIP)retired from the shuttle program and my Uncle both were part of the team )

Thanks for claiming me!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011 06:26:11 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: The Evolution of 8-Bit Art
Off Book: The Birth of the Animated GIF Medium
Off Book: Arts and Creative Projects in the Internet Age
Working with the New Basics Panel
How to Draw Gemma Arterton from Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...