A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for a Pattern for Dog Diapers  (Read 1082 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kriSmith
« on: April 21, 2011 06:38:19 AM »

I want to make some dog diapers for our female dog. I've found some links online that don't work. Anyone have a pattern to share or a link that works?

Thanks Kris and Riley the pooch
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
Oleeka
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011 08:07:10 AM »

You didn't say what type of craft you want to use.  If you knit or crochet, there are patterns on Ravelry for both male and female pooches in the group "PupPee Power."  I have used both patterns for my two rescues who will not be housebroken.  It takes awhile to get a perfect fit, but now I just keep churning them out so I don't have to run the washer is often.  One variation I use is to cut up maximum strength Poise pads instead of using towels/rags to soak up the urine.  The Poise pads are less likely to create "contact leakage," which is when the urine seeps into the knitted cover and leaves a mark when the dog sits.  It happens more with my male dog because it's a little harder to keep the pad centered and the little guy (16 pounds) really knows how to pee!  I tighten up the areas between the legs (female) and surrounding the pad (male) by using 2MM elastic cord woven through the outside edge.  The Poise pads have some kind of material that traps the urine even though the path has been cut.  If the cut pad gets overly filled, it will sometimes leave flakes of the lining in the knitted cover.  I've never had any trouble with it just washing down the drain.  I hope this is helpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kriSmith
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011 08:55:14 AM »

No, I sure don't know how to knit or crochet. Well, I can crochet a straight line. I don't think that'll work.   Undecided  I didn't think it would be so hard to find. I'm about ready to go buy one and tear it apart for a pattern. Etsy has some cute ones, but pretty sure my husband won't let me put her in most of them. She's a TOUGH hunting dog you know. No pink allowed. I'll just put them on after he leaves.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011 08:58:20 AM by kriSmith - Reason: Change wording. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Trends... All About The Denim
Bathing Suit Styles for Pear Shaped Figures
Bathing Suit Styles for Hour Glass Figures
Bathing Suit Styles for Boyish Figures
Bathing Suit Styles for Apple Shaped Figures
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...