A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Beltane Fires Gallery (SO 4-25-11)  (Read 6716 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xTroublex
Dharma bum

Fly or fall

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011 07:24:37 PM »

Oo...a wire wrap Brigid's cross is a good idea!

Also, I've never seen a wand made out of a spoon.  Admittedly I know very little about wicca, or witchcraft at all.  Is there a certain aspect that this pertains to?  I'm curious Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smushisweetbaboo

Anything worth keeping I inevitably give away...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2011 07:39:40 PM »

the bread is goddess shaped and we made one for ourself so the little man kept asking to "eat the goddess" and "i want a piece of the goddess".  lol i thought it was appropriate for beltane.  hee hee.

the necklace is viking wire weaving which i felt was especially appropriate for you.  i am not sure if the green pendant will fit but it jumped into my hand so i figured it must be yours.

i am trying to upload my pics hopefully they will be up soon.

yes, viking wire weave!!! I thought that was what it might be called...it is sooooo cool and I can't wait to show it off! I love that the pendant jumped into your hand...I believe it might be green aventurine which is a fertility stone and we are trying to conceive! Cheesy

That is so funny little man wanting a piece of the goddess...hehehe!

Again, thank you so much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011 05:29:34 AM »

Oo...a wire wrap Brigid's cross is a good idea!

Also, I've never seen a wand made out of a spoon.  Admittedly I know very little about wicca, or witchcraft at all.  Is there a certain aspect that this pertains to?  I'm curious Smiley

It is actually called magical handicrafting.  A few years ago I took a course here:

http://courses.thepagancampus.net/

They have vary basic courses and they are free.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011 07:05:19 AM »

Once again I didn't realize that I'd forgotten to bookmark the Gallery, so I haven't been keeping up. What great stuff! Of course Monnie really should be assigned a separate gallery, as there's always as much stuff in one of her packages as in the entire rest of the swap! Grin (Monnie, I just love the directions your imagination goes.) And having been the recipient of some of M's soaps, I could practically smell that box right through the screen!

Impchild's woven wire necklace is very pretty. I've only seen that kind of work in books, so it's nice to see it used in "real life". The aventurine pendant (I think you're right about that, Smushi) is lovely, but I especially like the glass ring. It's almost like a holey stone.

And two fairy doors so far (and a fairy birdhouse, of course) - this should be a good year for the Good People!

Sad to see the breakage, though. I have to admit it was one of the first things that flashed through my mind when I first saw the swap theme: I couldn't help remembering all the broken candle glasses I've seen in people's swap postings! (One of these days I'm going to post a tute on "How To Package Breakables" Smiley ) But all the other glassware has come through safely, so let's just call that one a necessary sacrifice to the gods and assume there will be no more!

Now I'm glad I left four pages of gallery to look at all together; it was a lovely thing to do over my Beltane morning coffee! I hope my package gets to FullMoon soon. The waiting is always the hardest part of swapping! Sad

Blessed Beltane everyone!
Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smushisweetbaboo

Anything worth keeping I inevitably give away...

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011 09:19:50 AM »

many blessings this Beltane to all! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011 10:03:29 AM »

I do not need my on gallery, lol!

Blessed Beltane to all as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011 04:14:22 PM »

I wish they made DC#'s for Canada to the US and the US to Canada!!! I wanna know when you're gonna receive, Wulf! Also, I'm soooooo anxious to receive from you haha... XD

I wish there was some logical reason why you can easily get it tracked if you use UPS but not if you use USPS / Canada Post o_o;;; I ordered more chainmaille supplies from The Ring Lord, and it's coming from Canada, but since I used UPS, I can track my package. I'm afraid to try getting mail from TRL from Canada Post cuz I neeeeeed to be able to track it and TRL seems so iffy about mailing as much stuff as I order via Canada Post sometimes lol. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Mamaneedles
)O( * &#2384;

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011 08:21:26 PM »

Blessed Beltane everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog! (and where I sell my dolls!)
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
phnxreign99
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011 08:38:46 PM »

Blessed Beltane to everyone!  Just here stalking the WWP board - haven't been able to participate but always keeping track of you guys ... awesome crafty goodness, as usual!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
spazgirl1981
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011 04:00:46 AM »

Blessed Beltane slightly late. Smiley I should be posting photos tonight. I got some action shots of the beautiful pieces I received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix Bad Hair Color
How to Curl Your Hair with a Clipless Curling Iron
How to Repair Damaged Hair Strands
How to Avoid Dry Hair
How to Grow Long, Healthy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...