A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,970
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Sketchbook Project 2012. Discount coupon code in first post!  (Read 62707 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dustbunnyodoom

Too many hobbies, too little time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2011 09:58:25 AM »

Just a heads up for anyone who is interested, the first batch of sketchbooks will start shipping on Monday! is anyone else as impatient as I am?

http://support.arthousecoop.com/discussions/sketchbookproject/1404-when-the-heck-does-the-book-get-here
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2011 11:25:58 AM »

At the moment I don't think you can. They're revamping their website and the majority of it isn't accessible right now.

Does anyone know how to do that?  View last year's gallery online?  The ones who chose to digitize, anyway....  I looked for that the other day and couldn't find it.

that explains why I couldn't find it either. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2011 11:59:29 AM »

I've wanted to sign up for this the last couple of years, but I'm afraid that once I finish my sketchbook I won't want to let it go. Has anyone else had this problem?

I wondered about letting it go too.

I thought I saw somewhere that someone had just made photo copies of their regular journal and pasted them in the book, but that isn't what I would want to do.

I did this - I color-copied all of my pages before rebinding. As of now, they are just folded and floppy. I just wanted a record of finishing and what I had done. And yes, it isn't great - flat, and shiny and no texture. But I was happy to have finished something, in a semi-timely manner, and I wanted to show it to my folks and some other friends and family who wouldn't/won't/wouldn't dream of going to an art gallery.

I'm going to do this, because it scares me and my goal this year is to do things that scare me. (I have a hard time calling myself an artist.) Also it just sounds fun and challenging. Smiley I just have to decide on a theme.

I'm no artist - just a dabbler. But I like working on structured projects from time to time (unlike the umpteen zillion started and half-finished projects that clutter my life) and I wanted a challenge of doing something outside my comfort zone and with a time limit.

So while my finished 2010 book is no bestseller or masterpiece - again it was the challenge of the project and the satisfaction of finishing something and adding to a larger project.

Hope that encourages you both to try. One of last year's themes was "It'll be fun, I swear!" and that's what you should remember!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011 12:00:51 PM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
May Dotee Swap - Music
Fabric Art Journal Pages - Gallery open now!
It's my 10th Craftster-versary!
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2011 12:11:50 PM »

Just a heads up for anyone who is interested, the first batch of sketchbooks will start shipping on Monday! is anyone else as impatient as I am?

http://support.arthousecoop.com/discussions/sketchbookproject/1404-when-the-heck-does-the-book-get-here

Yay! Although, I wish I had it this week- I'm on vacation and could have started. But, one of the reasons I signed up early was so I would have more time to work on it (and hopefully, I learned my lesson about procrastinating on it Grin ).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2011 12:47:02 PM »

I wanted a challenge of doing something outside my comfort zone and with a time limit.

That's exactly the appeal to me. Occasionally I could use a little structure. (Beyond the straightjacket that I need every day, that is.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
MunLtStmpr

We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2011 07:25:55 PM »

I'm going to sign up again.. just need to find the time to browse the themes and get signed up.  I had a lot of fun with this year's.  The worst part for me is not being able to see the collection in person.  I can't wait for the digital library to get up and running.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
schnerby
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2011 05:08:11 AM »

but, but, but, but... how can I wait for my sketchbook? Why can't they teleport it to me? Surely that's not too much to ask!

I'm quite excited that mine will be in the Melbourne show. I'll be able to see the show first hand instead of viewing online.

I'm not sure whether I'll go back and get it digitised or not. I don't think the digital version will be great anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Opalgryphon
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2011 07:26:01 AM »

So am I the only cheater?  I don't have $25 right now, but I will be signing up when I get the chance, and since I was going to re-bind it with new paper anyway (I'm a watercolor artist, watercolors are hard to do in a sketchbook  Tongue)....I cut out all the paper I'm going to use and I'll just bind it with the official cover when I do sign up.

I'm afraid if I don't start now, I'll lose enthusiasm before I even get going Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011 08:01:15 AM »

I was thinking about making my pieces of Needle lace now.  So no, you aren't the only 'cheater' Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pincushion_queen

old fashioned, but fashionable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2011 10:04:16 AM »

i've been wanting to challenge myself AND get more involved in the craftster community so this is the perfect chance! I've emailed my mum so hopefully its something we can do together as well.. I just can't decide what theme to go with! at the moment I'm leaning towards "long trips and short phone calls" as I've spent the last two years living in japan away from my friends and family.

really looking forward to working along with all you talented darlings x

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011 10:08:59 AM by pincushion_queen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
An Accessory to Make You Look Thinner
How to Dress in Florals and Pastels
Amanda Seyfried Is a Lady in Red
Cara Delevingne And Rita Ora To Design Fashion Line Together
Top Swimsuit Trends For Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Chik'n Nuggets
@Home This Weekend: Colorful Garden Chairs
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Palette Coasters

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...