A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,188
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Play Food April ~Fruit~ SU 4/18/11 to 5/4/11; Send Out 6/6/11  (Read 2587 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

koalascout
« on: April 18, 2011 10:15:13 PM »

Swap name:  Play Food April ~Fruit~  
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  koalascout  
Sign-up date range:  4/18/11-5/4/11  
Date to send item by:  6/6/11  

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no  

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO    no  
If so, which country?  

Additional Age requirement?   no  

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:  
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO    yes  
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO    yes  
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO    yes  
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO      yes  
- Is at least 18 years old: YES/NO    yes  

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:  
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO      yes  
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO     yes  
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO    yes  
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO     yes  
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO     yes  
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO    yes  
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO    yes  
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO      yes  

Details of swap:  

Are you ready to collect a plethora of fun, handmade, play food for your little one(s)? Here is how it will work. Everyone will be put into a group of four crafters. Each person in each group will declare a food item according to theme that they wish to create in bulk. Since this is sender's choice you may start on your item right away. So that we get a little bit of a variety.  

Your Fake Food must be:  
A) Hand made of course  
B) Machine Washable  
C) Non-toxic (these things might get gnawed upon!)  
D) It must be a single serving  

Also, please check with your partners about the fanciability of your food item. I know I made up a word, but how else to describe it? If the food item you want to make is going to go into the hands of a toddler perhaps it shouldnt have seed beads on it, but if its going to a 8 or 10 year old (or a fun loving adult for that matter) those seed beads may be just the thing to make your crafty dessert into a true object dart!  

*** Small Rule Change***  
I would like to change a rule slightly, and that is; "Everyone must post at least one picture in the gallery... even if someone else has already posted pictures of everything you have received." Even if you wait until you receive everything and then post one picture of everything.  

Number of partners may change at close of swap but you will be in a group of no more than 6 including yourself.  

For those of you who tend to get ahead of your swaps. Here is a list of upcoming swaps.  

April----fruit  
May----veggie  
June----snack food (chips, crackers, etc.)  

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:  
Play Food April ~Fruit~
Craftster username:  
Email address:  
Your real name:  
Mailing address including the country as it should appear on package:  
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval: (yes/no)  
Confirm that you WILL ship with a Delivery Confirmation number unless shipping outside your home country (yes/no)  
Agree that you will communicate regularly with your group. At least one PM to each member of your group a week during the swap prep time. (yes/no)  
Agree that you will post at least once per week during the swap. (yes/no)  
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? Yes/No  
I agree let the organizers and my partner know if I may be sending late: YES/NO  
I agree to PM the organizers and my partner when I send and when I receive: YES/NO  
I agree to post at least one picture of what I received in the swap gallery regardless of whether or not someone has already posted pictures of those items: YES/NO  
What type of fruit do you want to make?  
What is your/your childs favorite type of fruit?  
Is there anything you do not want to receive?  
Do you have any allergies (please include you or your childs food allergies if you do not want them playing with something they cant eat)?  
Do you plan to be involved in any of the subsequent play food swaps?  
Will you be making felt food or knit/crochet food?  
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011 09:36:38 AM by koalascout » THIS ROCKS   Logged

koalascout
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011 10:16:01 PM »

Previous Galleries:

Fruit:                       http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=302379
Veggie:                   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=311665
Sandwich:               http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314966
Dessert:                   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=319651
Dinner:                     http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=326680.0
Holiday Cookie:        http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=331495.0
Breakfast:                http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=336247.0
Hot Drinks:               http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=370985.0
Valentine Candy:        http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=375482.0
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011 09:47:09 PM by koalascout » THIS ROCKS   Logged

koalascout
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011 10:16:26 PM »

Swappers;

Koalascout:  peach
Mod35tBabe: apple or pear
StarFoxie: lemon or watermelon slice
miknessevie:  apple or strawberry
crazyda79:  cantaloupe slice or pineapple

gallery:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=380705.msg4504633#msg4504633
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011 07:47:31 PM by koalascout » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011 02:28:57 PM »

I've started making felt food for my nephew and I know he needs a bunch more! I want to join but I'll have to wait and ask Mr. Drowning if it's okay. He's been hinting that I need to slow down on swapping since we may be moving in the next couple of months. Hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011 09:33:37 PM »

I was thinking about making my step daughter some play food for her birthday but knowing me I won't get around to it.... I do however perform well for swaps so maybe I should do this one and kill two birds with one stone - ie my need to join swaps and get her a present at the same time hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
koalascout
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011 09:43:13 PM »

I was thinking about making my step daughter some play food for her birthday but knowing me I won't get around to it.... I do however perform well for swaps so maybe I should do this one and kill two birds with one stone - ie my need to join swaps and get her a present at the same time hehe.

i know what you mean i tend to do swaps to get stuff for my son.  you know you want to join.

you can start making now and be ready to mail by the time partners are assigned
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011 10:58:57 PM »

Sorely tempted - and I saw a little toy cash register yesterday for $10 so that with the play food would be a great gift.... I'll talk it over with my boy and see what he thinks. He'll probably be all "Thought you were quitting swaps" and I'll be all "no I was quitting doing 5 at once" lol.
Course it would sweeten the deal if my partner would be willing to throw in something for him, he's always disappointed when I get a swap parcel and I haven't thought to ask for Hot Tamales lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

miknessevie
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011 09:19:42 AM »

I am making apples and strawberries already for this but I will have to get positive feedback first from the first swap I'm in. I'm trying to get the other swap package sent really early so I can sigh up in this one before it closes. I have 2 apples done so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you'd like to swap for some good clean fun, pm me!  I make cold processed goats milk soap and shampoo bars.

www.wists.com/miknessevie
miknessevie
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011 02:45:58 PM »

So what's the deal? Seems like not a lot of people like Play food?  I love it!! More people need to join this.  Just DO it! Smiley I'm joining as soon as I get positive feedback!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you'd like to swap for some good clean fun, pm me!  I make cold processed goats milk soap and shampoo bars.

www.wists.com/miknessevie
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011 08:15:04 PM »

I joined - looking forward to starting crafting next week once the holidays are all over and everything's settled down lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Treat Dry Hair
How to Curl Your Hair Extensions
How to Get a Stylish Olympic Gymnast Updo
Hair How To: The Fish Tail Braid
How to Do a 1960s Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...