A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cuff bracelet swap (signups 4/18/11 to 4/29/11 ) (sendby 5/21/11)  (Read 11887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

camelama
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2011 09:18:01 PM »

Oh! I forget sometimes that not everyone lives in Scandahoovia Immigrant town like me. LOL

"Syttende Mai" is May 17, which is Norwegian Constitution Day. It's the day Norway got freedom from Sweden!  So here in Ballard we have a day of celebration every year, and a huge parade - we think it might be the biggest and longest-running parade for Syttende Mai anywhere outside of Norway! Ballard was a town built up by Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, etc immigrants, with fishing and logging and shingle-making. We had a Skid Road, 50 taverns and 2 churches (LOL), and in the Old Town portion there's even still the building that housed a brothel. Tee hee!  we have the Nordic Heritage Museum (world famous for its exhibits, art displays, events, and cultural heritage archives), in fact I'm a block from that. The celebration shuts down my neighborhood for the day and people come from all over the city, and the state, for the events and the parade. My favorites are the Fjord draft horses that come every year.  Grin Grin Grin  But all the traditional dresses are SO GORGEOUS - and the (here's the crafty part of this posting!) hand embroidery on them is exquisite! Some are hundred years old or more, handed down in the family, some are brand new.

I am back home, replete with lefsa, tea, rich black rye bread, too much coffee cake, molasses cookies, but no LUTEFISK!  (fish soaked in lye until it becomes a gelatinous mess - yes, it's as "appealing" as it sounds! UGH!!!)  I left the Lutefisk for the old timers.  Grin

Uff da!

I took a bunch of pictures last year when it was hot and sunny:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/camelama/sets/72157623959607151/

So tonight I pack up the cuff, and first thing tomorrow morning it gets mailed.  And I am betting that I will get baloo's cuff here tomorrow!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011 09:20:40 PM by camelama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Cayca
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2011 07:30:10 AM »

Sent mine today. They told me at the post office it will take at least two weeks for packages to arrive.

50 taverns and 2 churches

Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2011 10:28:53 AM »

50 taverns and 2 churches

umm...that sounds like my town.  lol.  seriously.  there's like 1 church to every 3 bars here.  and there are a LOT of churches!!!  lol

and lutefisk??  ewwww!!!!!  I know exactly what that is, but I can't remember who told me about it.  was it Anthony Bourdain?  Adam Richman?  hmmm...it was one of those Travel Channel guys.  Tongue

so far so good with my cuffs.  still working away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
april again
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2011 01:02:35 PM »

I am all finished! Packaging tonight (I have to get some more envie's) and I will be mailing on my lunch break tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carrieme
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2011 01:10:24 PM »

Sent today!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop   http://www.carrieme.etsy.com
Wist:  http://www.wists.com/verycarrie
Visit my blog http://sewverycarrie.blogspot.com
pm me if you want to swap!
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2011 07:19:25 PM »

I just finished gozer's cuff.  if it didn't have green in it, I'd keep it for myself.  lol.  so now I'll have to make another with my colors.  Tongue

still need a little time with Tink's though.  it's giving me trouble.  >_<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
iliveonarainbow
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2011 09:43:44 AM »

Going to be in a crafting frenzy today getting one of my cuffs done. Had a little trouble yesterday and had to start over. Sad But I will get finished today since I don't have anything to do all day, and will send out both my cuffs tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april again
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2011 11:19:33 AM »

Just sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iliveonarainbow
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2011 04:07:26 PM »

I received from chughes225 today and I must say WOW! I love it SO much! She got my style down so well and I'm so impressed with what she made! I will try to post pictures in the gallery either later tonight or tomorrow. It's rather overcast today so hopefully it will be sunny and I can get good pictures tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blackabbey
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2011 01:46:58 AM »

Hi everyone

Sorry I have not been active in the posts for a while. My computer crashed and I had no internet. I managed to remedy this yesterday (READ: brought a new computer) lol.

I will be sending all cuffs out tomorrow now that I can access everyone's addresses (YAY!)

I have received from robinpich, and will post in the gallery as soon as I have taken some pics (oh, and PS, I love it, and it could not have fitted better if you had my wrist right in front of you to make this on)

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rotisserie Style Chicken Recipe
Mac and Cheese Recipe
Grilled and Boiled Corn on the Cob Recipes
Boston Butt Steak Recipe
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...