A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,851
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ga Ga for Grannies Granny Square Swap (Sign ups: 4/18 - 5/3, Send outs: 6/6/11)  (Read 12950 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2011 09:00:27 AM »

Ohhh Kittymom, those granny squares look awesome!! I need to bulk up my acrylic stash. Maybe I can pull the "I threw out my back & need yarny retail therapy" card on the hubby and maybe he'll let me do a lil yarn shopping today. *ponders*

ETA: What size hooks are y'all using?

I know the feeling. I need to bulk my stash as well.

ATM I'm using an I/9 -5.50MM hook for the classic style square. I had to upgrade to a metal hook after i snapped my plastic ones. Who says crafting isn't hardcore?  Grin

Shocked You broke your hook??

I did a test square but I think I used an F or maybe it was a G. I'll have to try again with an I.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2011 09:11:21 AM »

Just curious, are most of the group planning to do like classic granny squares? I'm totally good with that,  I just don't want to do some weird variation and have everyone else send classics lol

I put 'yes' for the non-granny squares, as long as it was a square so I can get it into a blanket. I figure as long as they are same sizeish I should be able to make some frankenstein's monster awesome blanket!  Tongue

All the squares I am working on for my current projects are pretty solid double crochet squares which are nice fillers but not that exciting, so some fun squares interspersed would jazz them up some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesspimp81
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2011 10:21:48 AM »

I've been playing around with some variations on the classic granny that I think are fun lol  They come out in the same sizes and all, and with the stitches going all around the outside of the square like a classic granny so they would fit into a project the same way.  I figure I'll make kind of a mix of classics and variations, just wanted to see where everyone else's head was at so I'm not totally somewhere else lol

Just curious, are most of the group planning to do like classic granny squares? I'm totally good with that,  I just don't want to do some weird variation and have everyone else send classics lol

I put 'yes' for the non-granny squares, as long as it was a square so I can get it into a blanket. I figure as long as they are same sizeish I should be able to make some frankenstein's monster awesome blanket!  Tongue

All the squares I am working on for my current projects are pretty solid double crochet squares which are nice fillers but not that exciting, so some fun squares interspersed would jazz them up some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2011 05:40:27 PM »

I'm using a size G hook...not a real fan of the plastic needles, altho I do use them for weaving in ends. =] 

I like the stash and being able to shop from it...=]  I'd still like to use most of it up this year and make room for some different kinds of yarns that are out.  I've not tried the Stitch n'Bitch Nation yarns.  They sound interesting. 
The Red Heart yarns will always have a place, but there is a lot more out there besides...=]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2011 05:51:07 PM »

I'm still on the fence about this swap, I do have a lot of stash, and have the time to make the squares, just worry that I won't have the right colors someone is looking for.
I would only be sending granny squares, as I can do them with my eyes closed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2011 05:55:22 PM »

I'm still on the fence about this swap, I do have a lot of stash, and have the time to make the squares, just worry that I won't have the right colors someone is looking for.

I'm only doing (and asking for) classic grannies too. As for colors, I am totally good with any color other than white, black, shades of grey, or shades of brown. Wait...that sounds really picky.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
NotKnit

My best works.

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2011 06:35:39 PM »

Same for me. I just did a bunch of destash-type swaps so now I have a limited variety of colors in worsted weight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

malkavian6
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2011 09:28:03 PM »

I just sent in my form! I am excited for this swap!

I personally am open to receiving any type of squares. However, I just started making granny squares myself and have only managed to learn how to make classics... (although im trying to learn a few more types by the time i have to send them out!)

Ooo ive been crocheting all day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- karyn

Currently participating in swap(s) below!

- Ga Ga for Granny Squares :
Sent out my squares!
KismetFyrechyld
That Crazy Redhead

Crochet, Chainmail, Amtgard, Theatre-I do that.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2011 10:24:13 PM »

WHYYYY is it not May 2nd yet?!?! I want to get started! LOL! Cheesy

In case nobody noticed, I'm a bit excited about this...This is only about the twelfth time I've checked this thread this week....

That all being said, I tend to use a bigger hook than most patterns call for. I usually like to use a J or K hook with worsted weight, to give it a more lacy feel when it's done... but I can and will use a smaller hook for tighter stitches if that's what everyone else is planning. Any thoughts???

Oh, and as far as the color issue goes, I really don't like pink, and my favorite colors are jewel tones in every color of the rainbow. Honestly, though, I'll use anything and everything you guys want to send me. Smiley

Is it seriously not Monday yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I started making chain mail jewelry in June 2011, and started my own company, Incendia Designs, in August 2011. I also crochet, act, sew (a little) and am enjoying being a newlywed!
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2011 05:51:54 AM »

I'm only doing (and asking for) classic grannies too. As for colors, I am totally good with any color other than white, black, shades of grey, or shades of brown. Wait...that sounds really picky.  Embarrassed
[/quote]

KB...yep...Picky, picky, PickY!  Wink

NotKnit...sweet baby pic! =]

KismetFyrechyld...Just gotta sit-n-stitch(or distraction w/gardening, etc. til tomorrow)=]
That will be the long day waiting for the partners list... Roll Eyes WhooHooo!  Cheesy
?how about hot pink? Magenta? Orchid? Mauve?  Wink  *who doesn't like PinK??*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best & Worst Beauty
DIY Makeup Setting Spray
Birthday Girl Zooey Deschanel Tells Us Her Beauty Secrets
How to Hide That You Just Cried
The Secret to Applying False Eyelashes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...