A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
740 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Startitis!  (Read 2995 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knightswhosayknit
Veni, Vidi, Texui

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005 10:34:34 PM »

Startitis... the suffix "itis" indicated "the inflammation of". The inflammation of... start. Hee.

Haha I totally read it as if it was pronounced star titties until I read the post
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone on Ravelry? My username is Caitlism, friend me!
Sammiedora
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005 10:50:50 PM »

Maybe we should rethink the name of this affliction.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knightswhosayknit
Veni, Vidi, Texui

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005 11:21:03 PM »

Maybe we should rethink the name of this affliction.
Yes, certainly. I propose Capricious Knitting Syndrome... sounds so positive and politically correct, doesn't it?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone on Ravelry? My username is Caitlism, friend me!
Sammiedora
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005 08:15:37 AM »

Pff. I'm a crocheter. Oohwhatnow?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mizuiro
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005 03:23:37 PM »

How about Compulsive Project Initiation Disorder?  I wanted to think of a catchy acronym and start from there, but maybe someone else can think something up Cheesy

Then we can be finish-phobic when it comes down to getting them all done, or something along those lines.

I thought it was "Star Tits" or something because I'm nearsighted and the letters sort of fuzz together at the end if I'm not within decent reading distance  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got Blog?  So do I:  http://yeahiknit.blogspot.com/
_Steph_
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2005 07:57:18 PM »

I think I have a mild case of startitis... I have begun (in the past week) knitting (learned then made a few things, mostly rectangular LOL), embroidering (made one hankie), and sewn 3 Jordy bags, a tote and 2 needle cases! Wait, maybe I have Crafster-itis... LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
subloke
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2005 08:10:55 AM »

Yesterday I somehow got around to all of the chores I had set out for myself (i know that sounds dumb, but if I don't then days go by and somehow I still haven't gotten around to vacuuming....  too much crafting to do) while at the same time I managed to start another version of the project I'm working on for my mom (FINALLY found the stitch pattern that I want...  easy but looks complex!), then at the same time as that and the cleaning, I started a jeans-recycling rug (part of the chores list was to do something with the tower of old clothes in the corner that were destined for donation or for crafting) completing 6 rounds of it, started and crocheted about 25 inches of a belt in tunisian crochet (oh, yeah, learned to tunisian crochet), organized my stash, went to Value village, dismantled 2 sweaters, wound the yarn, swatched (yes, swatched...  completely unheard of for me) for a project with the value village yarn, and knit 12 inches on the above mentioned MOM project. 

My UFOs however?  NOTHING.  NADA.  DID NOT EVEN LOOK AT THEM. 

My very-busy-day doesn't happen to me often, but it made me wonder.  WHAT ON EARTH do I do with my time most days if I got all that done yesterday?  Honestly!  I could be churning out sweaters by the boat load. 

I definately need a startitis/CPID support group!  Although, it probably would turn into a "You should totally make that!  Go ahead, start it!" kind of thing before long, right?  We can't help it.  We're compulsive.  Project initiators.  With this disorder. 

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
Scarlett
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2005 08:53:12 AM »

Startitis... the suffix "itis" indicated "the inflammation of". The inflammation of... start. Hee.

I am so glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sammiedora
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2005 09:53:49 AM »

Yay for us being slightly geeky!

I always think that when people add "itis" to things. My nickname around here is Grammar Nazi, so I suppose they expect it. Maybe. It's still nerdy.

I feel better now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karahtalia
Queen of Unfinished Projects

Dangerous Kittyboy aka The Knitting Guineapig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2005 10:00:39 AM »

lol, perhaps startosis would be a better description, as osis refers to "the condition of"

Anyway, I am a victim of this particular ailment as well. What do I have going:

A toddler sweater from Last Minute Gifts. I need to finish the second sleeve and the top half.

A tank top from the SnB book, I am doing it in a cotton that is soft knitted up but has a cruddy feel to it so it bugs me to work with it for long.

A sweater loosely based on the Hourglass sweater from the Last Minute Gifts book. Needed more yarn, got yarn, haven't restarted it.

A mohair sweater from SnB Nation. I started it, got half way through it and frogged it. I haven't gotten back into doing it again tho I love the yarn I am using.

I SO want to start another tank with a deliciously yummy cotton that I think will look kick butt but dare not till at least finish one of the other projects I have going.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting is Knourishment Cheesy

http://www.irishwitch.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Craft Bendy Rainbow Picture
How to Make a Craft Bottle Cap Buddy Magnet
How to Make a Craft Hot Air Balloon
How to Make Scented Play Dough
How to Make Bubble Art
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...