A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,922
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Free Graduation Announcements (Tutorial)  (Read 1742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pocketwatch
« on: April 15, 2011 06:48:50 PM »

I almost panicked at the Grad Fair my school had- I expected high prices but I hoped to get 10 invitations with photos for not more than $70. The closest package to what I wanted added up to  $92.57. Also, up close the announcements didn't look fancy like I expected- the school seal was a sticker, the font was curly instead of classic, and the free edge of the cards was frayed to show the thick paper. (I think this effect looks good on artistic stuff, just not something that should be classic) So I decided to make invitations from the fliers I got at the Grad Fair.

Scavenged Materials: Price Sheet for Graduation Announcements, Commencement Brochure, and a Campus Map

I circled the relevant info on the brochure. Most of the brochure was important info for guests, or gave a cool atmosphere by showing what I have to do to get ready, but part of it was cluttered with things I "should" buy, so I papered over it with my handwritten graduation announcement.

(I copied the sample text from the Price Sheet.)

Put the announcement on the flier diagonally, so that all the corners are within the edges of the flier, and fold all the edges over crisply, leaving the top flap for last.

I folded some envelopes to take advantage of the color printing in my school colors, and some envelopes to show the package prices as an implied explanation for my handmade invites.
If you have glue, a pen, and stamps on hand these are free and the info on the found materials makes this a very quick project. I wouldn't really recommend this if you have more than a few invites to send, except now that I think about it I came at the last hour of the last day of the fair, so these were probably going to get tossed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write the Perfect Holiday Movie
Life, Love, Soul with Yandy Smith!
Five Things The Social Network Got Wrong
Doug Jaeger on How to Create Collaborative Film Project Teams
Behind the Scenes of Montana Fare
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...