A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 109
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla Rnd 5 - Color Spectrum!! (SignUp CLOSED, Send 6/6/11)  (Read 49296 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

canamharris
« Reply #1020 on: June 03, 2011 08:22:51 PM »

I sent off one of my hoops today. The other one is getting close to being done. I hope I'll get some time to do it while working our garage sale tomorrow.

Oh and is there any update to Canada sending? I was reading that they did vote to strike but are doing a rolling strike or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1021 on: June 03, 2011 09:07:21 PM »

news is hard to come by.
 they are rolling  walk outs.  today Winnipeg, tomorrow who knows?  i just don't know if it is an additive roll.  ie. Winnipeg today then Mississauga as well... or if Winnipeg will go back to work and Mississauga will be off.

im gonna send by due date.  i figure if i dont send it wont go anywhere. at least this way it is already in the mail stream when things pick up...

i dont know if limeriot has made an official  call about what canadians ( and those sending here) are to do.

<<according to the website... hamilton is lucky strike site number 2... for 48 hours. updates can be found.  http://clients.infopost.ca/en/  >>
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011 09:13:18 PM by sloth003 - Reason: add more info. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
jcorn

Don't bring your crazy here. We're all stocked up.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1022 on: June 04, 2011 04:07:05 AM »

Just a bit more stitching, and then French knots!  Should have that hoop in the mail by the end of the day! For sure on Monday.
NessaMcTastic:  hope your move went well.  Soon you shall have a hoopla for your new place!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Boycott haters.

http://www.wists.com/jcorn - my wist-y ideas
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1023 on: June 04, 2011 06:22:41 AM »

ORGANIZER'S NOTE

Canada Sending Update

If you're sending from or to Canada please check-in with your partner ASAP. If either of you are concerned about your hoops getting lost in postal strike shuffle and would prefer to delay sending, let all of the organizers know via PM ASAP. You will not be dinged for sending late IF you contact us and let us know. Thank you to sloth for keeping me updated on the situation Smiley. Please shoot me a message if you have questions/concerns.

Everyone Else Update

We've reached the last weekend of stitching!! Our send out deadline is on Monday so get those needles going in over drive! Please remember to contact your partner and organizer when send, receive or realize you need to send late.

Thanks and Happy Hooping!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1024 on: June 04, 2011 02:03:48 PM »

Finally finished my last hoop. Had it soaking last night and ironed and hooped this morning, so now I just need the public holiday on Monday (tomorrow) to be over and I will post  Grin Yay for me  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
imafundork
« Reply #1025 on: June 04, 2011 04:48:49 PM »

I finished pjherbert's hoop this afternoon, but not in time to mail.  So, it'll be going out on Monday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
savage pixie

will sew for shoes

« Reply #1026 on: June 04, 2011 05:47:25 PM »

Alright, as far as I can tell, the Canadian Post is doing a "rolling" strike. Meaning that 1 will be on strike for 24 hours, then go back to work, and another will take it's place on the strike line.
So I'll be mailing out on Monday to mezcraft. Just wanted to make sure that it would be safe if I sent it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

my wist http://wists.com/savagepixie
amalgam
« Reply #1027 on: June 04, 2011 06:55:54 PM »

I got my hoop sent off today! Now I have to sit and wait for it to get to amnesia. Oh, the waiting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sowingdiva

...sower of crafts and love...

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 04, 2011 07:58:05 PM »

What is so difficult about the metallic thread? I've never used it, but seen lots of people griping about it.

It gets tangled VERY easily and quickly.  It knots up real bad too, which slowed me down tremendously.  I suppose its the texture of the floss that gets caught in the fibers of the cotton and interfacing.  IDK... I do know that I don't like using it though!

Finished all of my stitching and now it's on to finishing the back, which I'm totally dreading since it's my first time.  I really hope I don't screw it up.  And Monday it'll be in the mail. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps:
Psych Swap R3-Craft My Fav Epi - Recv'd a Super Pkg!
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #1029 on: June 04, 2011 08:46:33 PM »

I finished pjherbert's hoop this afternoon, but not in time to mail.  So, it'll be going out on Monday.

Yeah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 109 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Trendy In Sporty Chic Shorts
Finding the Perfect Summer Dress
Angelina Jolie Makes a Sexy Statement at Her First Post-Surgery Red Carpet
Pretty Savvy: Beachy Chic
Stars Sizzle in White Hot Fashion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...