A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to do a colorful cute applique with recycled pieces? Tutorial Lots of images  (Read 1736 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , applique , recycle , brooch  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thesunandtheturtle
« on: April 12, 2011 01:15:24 PM »

Are you tired of wearing the jacket without any accessory?
Do you want to get rid of all those little pieces of fabric, buttons, christmas fruits, etc, etc?
Are you tired of sewing the holes of that important favorite and unique shirt that you use at least once per week?

We have the solution!
Average time? 15 minutes.

Materials:
1. Piece of old fabric
2. Pieces of felt that you were going to throw away
3. thread and a needle of any color
4. Buttons, beads, Christmas fruits or any other accessory to embellish your applique and you want to get rid off.

Lets start!

1. Take the piece of cloth, and cut it so it has 8 cm height and roll it all the way around. (the length can be your own choice, if you want a bigger applique the fabric must be long)

2. Once your piece of cloth is rolled we will take one of the corners and start sewing all around in spiral.

3. Cut the fabric or sew all the length and finish the spiral hiding the last piece of fabric. It should have circular shape. Not completely but kinda.

4. Cut the pieces of felt in form of petals. It does not matter the size they will look nice if are different Smiley. Mine are in different colors, because all the felt pieces I wanted to get rid of were in several colors.

5. Insert the needle in the middle of the fabric flower and add all the petals one by one sewing the beginning of them. At the end you will have a huge line that look like tibetan flags!

6. Push all the petals to the center of the flower, arrange them in the way you would like to have them (I like them messy) and sew.

7. Take the accessories you want to put in your applique and sew them in the middle. I am using some Christmas decorations that Mariatta gave me and I have thousands of them!

8. Voila! Your applique is ready and now you can decide where to use it. I will use it with my jacket and maybe in my hair sometimes Smiley

Let me know if you try this tutorial and show me your results! Hope you enjoy it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011 03:19:52 PM »

Thank you for the tutorial, I will have to have a go at these when I get access to my stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
thesunandtheturtle
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011 10:05:14 AM »

Thank you for the tutorial, I will have to have a go at these when I get access to my stash!

Nice! let me know when so I can see what you create Wink. Thanks for passing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 4/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 5/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 2/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 1/10
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...