A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shell Scrapbook :)  (Read 19795 times)
Tags for this thread: scrapbook , beach , shell , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

battlesheep
« on: April 11, 2011 10:29:32 PM »

Hey--

Here's my very first scrapbook... and it's constructed inside of a natural shell!  Grin  This one's *bursting* with memories.. literally!  Look at that shell!
I made this for my boyfriend for our first year together, about.. oh, a year and a half ago!  About time I post it, right?  I forgot to take pictures before I gave it to him, and he has been refusing to give it back to me for photos since.  (I had to sneak it off his desk!)  Smiley  I decorated the pages with images, shells, flowers, and assorted little items that I found or had kept from our adventures.

To all of you experienced scrapbookers -- I've got a question!  You know those little puffy white circles that you stick on the back of images, etc. and then to the page?  Well, I used those (can't remember the brand, sorry -- I picked them up at Michael's) and they started getting... "un-sticky" after a few months.  Can anyone recommend a brand that's of decent quality so that my next project won't be falling apart like this?  Or is this to be expected for this type of product?

I got the shell halves on Etsy, pre-drilled with tiny holes.  The seller (I'd have to look up the name) included some string and flowers as well.  A note for anyone looking to attach starfish to pages... they scratch the images!  Check out the second to last image with the huge starfish.  It didn't really cross my mind.. but, yep, it has scratched the opposite page.
I'm going to make another little book for our year 2.5 (I missed our year 2 -- damn you school!) coming up soon.  Smiley  I think I'm becoming addicted to scrapbooking -- I have built up quite a stash..

Here's the book and a few of the pages (I checked with him, and he's ok with posting these pages up here.. so, enjoy!):

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kcartwright856
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011 10:38:02 PM »

This is SO CUTE! How creative! Wonderful way to honor those beach memories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

burntsmore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011 10:40:39 PM »

This is so incredibly awesome! I love how the stuff goes off the pages and the extreme detail you put into the whole thing. I wish my boyfriend would appreciate something this awesome! lol

I can't really answer your question though. I don't use the dots, I use photo glue (non-acidic or archival) and I've had really good luck with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from." -Jodie Foster

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."

Flickr
Wist
Frogglin

More Optimistic Than Skilled.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011 10:51:45 PM »

Love this so much! What a brilliant gift, I can see why he didn't want to give it back for a photoshoot Smiley

Can't really answer your dots question, I use a non acidic glue stick which seems to keep things in place. I also use those roller dot thingies for sticking postcards to plastic, but depending on the batch they can be pretty unsticky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glasstapper
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011 11:05:33 PM »

Aww, this is so cute and great! What an awesome gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011 01:37:42 AM »

It's gorgeous, no wonder it's one of his prised possessions! Such a clever idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jgrinstad
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011 03:38:50 AM »

Cheesy  Amazing!  I am absolutely speechless!  This is just fantastic!  Beautiful!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011 04:16:33 PM »

This is so cool! I am a shell fiend when I go to the beach and always trying to find things to do with them. I'll try this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

battlesheep
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011 12:51:12 AM »

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Cheesy

hgddm: Those must be some HUGE shells you are finding!  We live in California by the beach and most of the shells shaped like this that I've found are tiny.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pincushion_queen

old fashioned, but fashionable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011 11:50:52 PM »

This is really lovely! What a lucky boyfriend. I love scrapbooking but so far I've only used books... you've inspired me to get a bit more creative Cheesy

(p.s. you look damn good in a bikini Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...