A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet Challenge - Yet Another Necklace  (Read 1213 times)
Tags for this thread: crochet_today_challenge , crochet_challenge_12 , tutorial , necklace  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

milksmom
« on: April 11, 2011 04:19:14 PM »

Yet another necklace entry:

Foundation Stitch Necklace

Materials:
#5 Perle Cotton
2.25mm crochet hook
23 sets of beads on eye hooks
28 #6 seed beads
lobster clasp
2 5mm jump rings

Gauge is 5.6 foundation stitches per 1. Finished necklace is approximately 20 long.

Foundation stitches incorporate the beginning chain stitch with the first row of the work at one time. This necklace uses single crochet foundation stitch for the base.

Slide beads on thread, three seed beads, (one eye pin set, one seed bead) repeat until you are out of eye pin sets. Add two more seed beads at the end for a total of 3.

Chain 20, do not turn. Pull up loop in 2nd chain from hook. Yarn over, pull through 1 loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops.

Insert hook into base chain just completed, pull up loop, Yarn over, pull through 1 loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops. This is the first single crochet foundation stitch.

Make 1 more foundation stitch, slide seed bead up to hook, complete another foundation stitch. Repeat for first 3 beads. After third seed bead, work 2 foundation stitches, then slide an eye pin set of beads up to hook, work 2 foundation stitches. Slide a seed bead up to hook, work 2 foundation stitches.

Repeat the sequence of eye pin set, 2 foundation stitches, seed bead, 2 foundation stitches until you are out of eye pin beads. Work the last 3 seed beads 1 foundation stitch apart. Work 2 additional foundation stitches, then chain 18. Insert hook into 8th chain from hook, pull up a loop. Being careful not to twist work, slip stitch in the remaining chains. Slip stitch in first foundation stitch.

Keeping the beads still on the back of the work, single crochet in all stitches up to the last foundation stitch. Slip stitch in this stitch and in the next 10 chain stitches. Put the original first chain stitch (nearest the yarn tail) on the hook and slip stitch through both chains. Tie off and cut thread. You now have two yarn tails, tie them together in a square knot and pull the tails through the chain stitches with a hook. Cut yarn ends.

Insert one jump ring into the lobster clasp and one of the thread loops at the end of the necklace. Insert jump ring into other thread loop.  Wear your necklace!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
veggiechef
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011 05:18:00 PM »

Another great project.  Thanks for sharing the tut.

Nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BE the change you wish to see in the world-Gandhi
BlondGirl
Queen of the Uncompleted Project

workworkPLAYworkworkworkworkwork

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011 11:32:05 PM »

This has such a simple design that can be modified in a million ways and I love it.  I am thinking of making one of these to wear to my wedding.  If not for me, then for my mother-in-law-to-be.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Here's my stuff:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=194777.0

Are you making a selvage quilt?  I have some to share. PM me.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Jeans to Work and Look Professional
Threads: Shaun Neff Takes Us Inside Neff Headquarters
How to Wear a Bold Skirt this Summer
I-DIY: A Quick Craft to Bring Some Flair to Your Army Jacket
The Fashion Trends Your Kids Will Want to Rock for Back-To-School
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...