A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Felt Applique  (Read 2144 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BagLady
« on: March 16, 2004 08:19:53 AM »

Is there anywhere to get patterns or ideas to cut out felt appliques? I see some cute ones, but I am awful at cutting them out freehand....

I did this, but it just seems so BLAH! compared to the cute ones I see everywhere...
<this picture is no longer available>

thanks!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010 04:26:37 PM by Aislynn - Reason: Edited to remove broken image link. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

GracieTom: Original Handbags, Totes & Accessories Galore | www.gracietom.com |

Affordable website design & logo development | www.lisettedesign.com |
dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004 10:23:51 AM »

I have tons of vintage felt patterns, you wanna trade some..What are you looking for? I have anything from baby bootie patterns, to purses, onaments, needle books pincushions etc..hair stuff, decorative stuff, etc...I even have patterns for a stuffed tigger and an eeyore
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
BagLady
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004 09:27:10 PM »

I have tons of vintage felt patterns, you wanna trade some..What are you looking for? I have anything from baby bootie patterns, to purses, onaments, needle books pincushions etc..hair stuff, decorative stuff, etc...I even have patterns for a stuffed tigger and an eeyore

That is so sweet of you! Mostly what I am looking for are just some designs/shapes to cut out cute appliques. I have seen tons in so many shapes (birds, baby chicks, trees, etc.) and I just have a mental block when it comes to trying to cut out anything other than a heart or a flower  Undecided  Do you happen to have anything like that?

I really don't know what I might have that you would be interested in trading... lots of handbags!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GracieTom: Original Handbags, Totes & Accessories Galore | www.gracietom.com |

Affordable website design & logo development | www.lisettedesign.com |
Kendrrra
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004 02:03:08 PM »

you could always make a pattern from clip art or a cute image you find somewhere. like in a coloring books? maybe crayola.com? unless that would be a copyright issue...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

So you see, imagination needs moodling - long, inefficient, happy idling, dawdling and puttering.
- Brenda Ueland
StephJoy

Can I be you when I grow up?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004 03:11:05 PM »

http://www.needlecrafter.com/

has lots of embroidery patters, I use them all the time for my felt stuff.  I print out the image, I like the flowers, then I cut out the image so I just have the shape.  Then I trace around what I cut out to the paper side of iron on fabric stabilizer.  I then iron the stabilizer to the felt and cut out the image.  The stabilizer is so wonderful to use because it make the felt not so flimsy and way easier to cut.  Afterwards I use Fray Check around the edges of the finished piece, it dries so you can't tell it's there and the edges are then really crisp.

Cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sugar, sugar..da.da.da.da da...ah honey honey
sprung
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004 04:56:23 PM »

Mostly what I am looking for are just some designs/shapes to cut out cute appliques. I have seen tons in so many shapes (birds, baby chicks, trees, etc.) and I just have a mental block when it comes to trying to cut out anything other than a heart or a flower  Undecided  Do you happen to have anything like that?

I know exactly what you mean!  I was sewing up a little pouch to go into my purse and went into a complete mental block about what to applique.  My first pouch had a lime green anchor with a fushia heart next to it, but I stopped using it because a sorority at my school uses the anchor as a symbol.  I finally ended up cutting out just one fushia heart and sewing a sprinkling of vintage buttons next to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Preparing Dough for Parathas
Rolling Out the Parathas
Adding the Chicken to the Masala
Checking and Tasting the Chicken Curry
How to Make Chicken Curry
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...