- xx - My entry for the Crochet Today Challenge - xx -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Crocheted with Dusty Rose mercerized size 10 cotton thread, and the top chain was crocheted with Beige mercerized size 20 thread.
14K plate gold seed beads are also crocheted into the bottom row of the main crochet piece (although hard to see in pictures), and were threaded onto jump rings the in chain piece.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - MATERIALS:
Royal brand Classic Crochet Thread, size 10 mercerized cotton in Dusty Rose
HH Lizbeth Brand mercerized cotton thread, size 20 in Beige
Crochet hook size 1 (2mm)
8 x 5" length loop chain in Ox Silver
2 x 1/2" oval jump ring in Ox Silver
4 x 1/4" jump rings in Ox Silver
2 x Eye pins in Ox Silver
4 x 1/4" Brown bicone glass beads
40 x 14K plate gold seed beads by Gold EleganceABBREVIATIONS:
st = stitch
sts = stitches
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
tc = triple crochet
ch = chain
* to * = repeat the set of stitches within asterisksCROCHET CHAIN FOR NECKLACE:
(Using Beige mercerized size 20 cotton thread)
Make a foundation chain of 130 sts, turn.Row 1:
skip 6 sts, *1 dc, 3 ch * (repeat from * to *) to end.MAIN CROCHET PIECE:
(Using Dusty Rose mercerized size 10 cotton thread)
Make a foundation chain of 48 sts, turn. Row 1:
skip 3 sts, 44 dc, turn.Row 2:
3 ch, 1 dc in next st, 1 ch, 2 dc in same st, skip 3 sts, *2 dc in next st, 1 ch, 2 dc in same st, skip 3 sts* (repeat from * to *) to end, turn.Row 3:
1 ch, skip 1 st, 1 sc, 2 dc in next st, *6 sc, 2 dc in next st* (repeat from * to * 12 times), sc to end, turn.
Measure 3 yards of cotton thread from this point and cut off ball. Add 18 beads from the end that is cut off.Row 4:
1 ch, skip 1 st, 14 sc, 4 ch, add 1 bead, 2 tc, * 3 ch, skip 3 sts, 1 tc, add 1bead, 1tc add 1 bead,* (repeat from * to * 7 times), 3 ch, 2 tc, add 1 bead, 4 ch, 14 sc.
You may wish to iron this piece to keep it flat. Please do not iron over beads if you are using plastic beads, as it my burn from the iron heat.ASSEMBLING NECKLACE PIECES:
1. Open the 0.5" oval jump rings with the nose pliers and thread on 11 gold beads.
2. Join the crocheted chain with 4 of the 5" chains together with the 0.5" beaded jump ring. Repeat with other side.
3. Thread 2 brown glass bicone beads to an eye pin. Using the nose head pliers, make a loop in the end of the eye pin. Cut of excess with cutting pliers. Repeat with other eye pin.
4. Attach eye pin with glass beads to the 4 strands of loop chain using nose pliers.
5. Attach 1/4" jump rings to each corner of the main crocheted piece. Join the 2 jump rings on the same side of the main crocheted piece together with the glass beaded eye pins. Repeat on other side.