A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Candy Coated [updated-- I wore them somewhere!]  (Read 54196 times)
Tags for this thread: candy , pumps , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snazzyjazzy
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2011 08:31:18 PM »

Did you have an trouble with the color running or bleeding when you were coating them with gloss?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gingergiraffe
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2011 10:10:27 PM »

too cute!

I love these, great idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Craftgasm Kate
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2011 11:22:22 PM »

Shocked You are my crafting hero!!! I want the power of these shoes within me, and since they're edible (sort of), I just might be able to make it happen. I can't wait for the update re: how the shoes hold up. Good luck!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2011 10:12:59 AM »

I saw your shoes featured here...http://style.icanhascheezburger.com/2011/04/13/crazy-shoes-sprinkles-heels-what-a-mess/#comments
I saw them and I was like omg I recognize those shoes lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShiningStar
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2011 05:48:56 PM »

I love these shoes the colors and lace detail are great. Do you remember the brand of sealant and glue you used? I need more good craft supplies.  I had questions about ants, rain and durability also.  But you said it hasn't be fully tested yet. Please keep us updated.

I saw your shoes featured on Ilovetocreate's facebook page.  It made me realize I need to come to craftster more often.  I'm missing so really great things here.  I can't wait to see where your experiments and creative vision led to.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011 05:51:57 PM by ShiningStar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
turbotinks
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2011 12:28:54 PM »

Oh my gosh! In love I cant wait to try to make my own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftyorange
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2011 01:40:22 PM »

These are wonderful. I am in love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frenchonion

Keep calm and make a list

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2011 10:08:50 PM »

I love these shoes the colors and lace detail are great. Do you remember the brand of sealant and glue you used? I need more good craft supplies.

I finally got off my butt and went downstairs to check it. It's DecoArt's triple thick gloss finish. Smiley

UPDATE

Because I found a $10 sweater dress to wear with them, I finally wore them somewhere aside from my house. I had plans to wear them to a birthday event, but the weather wasn't suitable. I wore them yesterday to my sister-in-law's Easter brunch and I even surprised myself at how well they held up. Here are some noteworthy points throughout the day:

I didn't drive in them. (I drive stick. 4 inch heels + loose floormat + clutch + baby in car = not worth the risk)
I didn't wear them outside. (It was really crappy out and while I want these shoes to be pretty darn hardy, I recognize the fact that they should be handled with care and if possible, avoiding rain.)
I cooked for about 4 hours in a hot sweaty pantry-style kitchen in them (my feet hurt)
Because of the tight quarters, they banged against each other a lot
Once I took them off so I wasn't tempted to chop off my feet, my nieces and nephews thought it'd be fun to play with them. My other family passed them around.
(there was VERY minimal shedding throughout the day. Maybe 20 or so sprinkles. No bald spots, even when I stepped on my own toe)

After all that, I came to a safe conclusion:

They are durable enough for actual wearing. I do not recommend every day wear or crappy weather wear. I say wear them wherever you want, but treat them like you would a fancy hairdo. Don't get neurotic about it thought because if/when a bald spot does appear, it's a really easy fix. Smiley

If I wear them again and notice anything else, I'll let you know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like What You see?
http://www.merlodesigns.etsy.com

I think I'm interesting!
twitter.com/merlodesigns
lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2011 10:36:34 PM »

Sounds like they held up pretty well! Oh and triple thick glaze RocKS!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
queenorivers
That's Sew Lauren

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2011 01:18:53 PM »

Hey I have plans to rip you off! (Just kidding) but I want to make these, do you have any glue/sealant brands which are good or any advice? If I do manage I'll post + credit you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Section Ethnic Hair for Coloring
Applying Highlights to Ethnic Hair
How to Section Your Hair
Creating Volume in Your Hair
Best Way to Blow Dry Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...