A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Scavenger Hunt Round 5 Gallery  (Read 5795 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Willowe
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011 06:57:17 PM »

I received from CleanFeelin and oh my gosh, it is amazing!

First up, a group shot of some of the awesome goodies:

Local: Red Sox Pez dispenser (my favorite team! Cheesy)
Hard: The large crochet hook, to go with the two balls of t-shirt yarn she also sent.
Recycled: The yarn in the upper right-hand corner is from a sweater! I wish I could get a better picture of it because it's a gorgeous shade of blue.
Sender's Choice: Some lovely Cascade superwash yarn that I can't wait to use.

Then there was this:

Something starting with the letter M: Multi-colored cowl. It's gorgeous and if the temperature drops again this spring I am definitely wearing this!

Something funny:

A crocheted beard! Cheesy (Please excuse how horrible I look right now Tongue)

Something green:

An adorable little green crocheted wallet, that she lined as well!

And my personal favorite:

Dotted: An amazing bag lined with dotted fabric! It's even prettier in person and I am so using this for school.

Thank you so much, CleanFeelin! I love everything, and it's all so perfect! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
SlickMariaVic
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011 07:28:12 AM »

Clumsy_Momma - Sorry everything got a little wonky from the packaging. I was committed to jamming everything into that oatmeal container Smiley If you get the chance I would love to see a pic of you wearing the drawstring cowl.  I'm crossing my fingers that your package arrives today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
ysmeine
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011 11:01:11 AM »

the last 2 "M"s were an interesting take. I especially like the earrings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011 02:51:21 PM »

Love these pkgs!
That knitted ski mask is funny in a scary way  Roll Eyes

Everyone's cowls look just great, and CleanFeelin, I have never attempted
lining anything, so I am amazed at the coin purse & the lovely bag!!

Way to go, all!
The gifts just keep on rollin' in  Smiley

Oh, and happy Easter to all who celebrate~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
love2teach
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2011 06:21:24 PM »

You're apparently right. There was no M. Sad I tripled check all the wrappings (it was bright yellow so at least easy to find!)

Sorry the "M" never made it into the box.  It went out Priority Mail this morning.  It should arrive on Tuesday.  Sorry Sad  Here are the pictures of the awesome package BioformCallie sent to me. 

A dotted tote just the perfect size for my netbook and and materials for when I tutor at the library.

Something hard-a light up crochet hook and something funny-a book of knock knock jokes

Sender's choice--soft, beautiful bamboo yarn, something green-turtle tape measure, something starting with "M"-stitch markers, something local-an Orlando magnet

Something recycled-scrubbies made of reclaimed yarn

Thank you so very much Smiley  I love everything.  love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2011 07:27:42 PM »

I am loving the gallery for this round!  Everybody is coming up with such imaginative and different interpretations of the categories!

I just got back from vacation this afternoon, and JUST received my partner's package!   My partner for this swap was justaddcats, and I am truly amazed and in awe of her talent, generosity, and thoughtfulness.  (Unfortunately, I am unable to take and post photos, so I am hoping justaddcats will so you can all see her talents!)

Here goes:

LOCAL:  The most adorable, colorful magnet with drawn ladybugs on it!  justaddcats included the artist's business card in case I wanted to take a look at some of her other work, and I am most definitely going to do so!

GREEN:  A skein of the most lusicous looking and feeling yarn by the name of 'Aslantrends-Natural Luxury Yarns'.  It's varigated shades of green.  It's very lovely!

RECYCLED:  A tea cozy/sleeve made from recycled sweaters...and in my FAV COLOR COMBOS and it has a CUPCAKE ON IT!  She even included a variety of 'Tazo' tea!

HARD:  Lifesavers and Werther's hard candies (VERY clever! Cheesy) and they are even sugar-free!!!!!!  (I am going to share the Werther's with hubby b/c caramel is not a flavor I like  Undecided but he loves that candy, so thank you!  I will be digging into the Lifesavers first thing tomorrow!  Thank you for your thoughtfulness in sending sugar-free!)

FUNNY:  Straight of my wist....a PERFECTLY stitched cross-stitch of the quote:  "I got 99 problems but a stitch ain't one" with a crochet hook cross stitched to the bottom!  Even the back on this hoop is finished nicely!  And the stitches are so tiny!

FUNNY:  (And dotted, on the back.)  Again, straight off my wist, but with a twist!  Grin  A YARNIE MUG RUG IN MY FAV COLORS!  This amazing woman actually somehow created a "ball" of yarn on a mug rug!  It is an AMAZING thing to behold!  Seriously!

DOTTED:  A very comfy, very stylish  Wink eye mask, something I've been wanting for awhile.  I have sleep apnea and grind my teeth in my sleep.  Lips sealed  A good night's sleep is something I value VERY highly, and this will help!  (My hubby asked me when he saw me with the eye mask on:  "Now you're going to wear your machine (sleep apnea mask) AND an eye mask??!!"  Roll Eyes)

SENDER'S CHOICE:  A beautiful, soft, wonderfully made spring scarf!  I think I will wear it on Monday to work!  It is just exquisite! 

EXTRAS:  Also off my wist...a CROCHET HOOK KEYRING!  HOW FREAKIN' COOL IS THAT?Huh!!!!!  Also, two really nifty looking striped pouches-yellow and white and orange and white-that were wrapped in with the candy...at first they looked like candy holders!  Grin  It turns out that they are sachets to hold lavender!  (Something I must have mentioned somewhere and they are going to good use tonight...unfortunately, I also suffer from frequent migraines and my neurologist suggested I sleep with lavender sachets under my pillow as a holistic measure to help with the migraines...I was unable to find lavender till I went on vacation and found some in Florida, and now I have something to put it in! YEA!)

Everything was wrapped so nicely, and tied with yarn and these really nifty stamped/sewn tags which I am saving and will be reusing!  Thank you again, justaddcats!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
clumsy_momma
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011 04:11:52 AM »

Gladly! I'll do that later on today...I have no idea why I didn't think of that while I was posting the pictures in the gallery since it was on my head while doing so.

Clumsy_Momma -  If you get the chance I would love to see a pic of you wearing the drawstring cowl. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayrun
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2011 01:13:01 PM »

mmmmm, love love LOVE that dotted tote bag!
and that yarn will be yummy to work with!
(cute turtle, too Smiley
nice pkg, BioForm Callie!

Miss Barbara, sounds like you rec'd a really nice pkg also --
will be excited to see pics when your partner has a chance to post~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zcrafter

A long, long time ago.....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2011 03:47:07 PM »

I received the most specialest things from dharma_rebel! She definitely stalked me well and hit it on the nose for my tastes.

First, a group shot -- all the lovely scavengie thingies:

The only thing that didn't make it into my individual pictures is the something local -- lovely bottles of handmade body wash and lotion (on left in the pic above).

I was SO happy when I opened the package and found lots of lovely things selected and made just for me. This is one of the happiest things about swapping -- it makes me feel unique and special.

Some closeups:

Yarns. Something green (self-striping yarn, which I have been craving) and something recycled (turquoise sari yarn):

Aren't they beautiful?

Next, something dotted ( a jewelry roll to use for notions) and something related to M (stitch markers matching the fabric of the jewelry and some with leaf designs. I'm crazy for leaf designs):

Something funny (OMG, this notepad is hysterical. It's made for times when you need a quick comeback, and it has places where you can check "get a life" and such.

Sender's choice, an envelope inspiration journal modeled after one in my wists.This is so creatively made, with cherished images and words everywhere. Each pocket has a tiny bit of inspiration tucked inside.

I saved the best for last. Something hard, a heart-shaped stone to add to my collection:

It's all wonderful! Thank you, dharma_rebel, for all the sweetness. I'll be treasuring these things for a long time to come.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011 04:14:41 PM »

oh, I love this pkg!
d_r,
you put together a super pkg!!
Love the Mini Mochi yarn, and the cute stitch markers,
and esp. the little heart rock!!
Way to go!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Your Red Jeans with Style
Scottish Fashion Is Back in Brouge
White Jeans No Longer Just For Summer
Different Celebrity, Same Dress: Jessica Alba Vs. Lily Donaldson
DIY: Update a Black Blazer With Metallic Lapels
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...