A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 7  (Read 24675 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #330 on: June 07, 2011 05:56:30 PM »

When I talk to the postal folks, they say the weather has been an issue with things getting to where they belong.  Floods, twisters, fires....I was complaining last month to a postal person about a Christmas prezzy not getting to me from back east, and she said they were just starting to get Christmas stuff from New York area the week before....so there are some reasons things could be taking awhile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
honeyd

warning: do not eat your fortune.

« Reply #331 on: June 08, 2011 06:20:13 AM »

When I talk to the postal folks, they say the weather has been an issue with things getting to where they belong.  Floods, twisters, fires....I was complaining last month to a postal person about a Christmas prezzy not getting to me from back east, and she said they were just starting to get Christmas stuff from New York area the week before....so there are some reasons things could be taking awhile.

WOW!!!  That long??

Anyone remember the Volcano last year? (I put it in caps because it became a person to me)  It ate a package I sent away and 3 months later the parcel shows up right where it was supposed to be.  Silly natural disasters....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #332 on: June 08, 2011 12:49:44 PM »

I think we're going to go ahead and post for angels for our three members whose packages have gone astray.  If the originals show up later...that will be a nice surprise!  Some of the packages have been out two months already.

So I'll give our Crafty Detective gals first dibs on our three ladies.  PM me if you want to angel for one of them please - we have:

honeyd - in the US, top 5 wishes - Animal stuffie, purse, serveware/tableware, wall art or note cards, mug/mug rug.  No knitted items please.

S is for Summer - in the US, top 5 wishes - goddess dolls, subtle pagan, cloth pads, bento, kuspuk; allergic to dogs/cigarette smoke/lanolin; no bath stuff please.

suereal - in Canada, no wheat please, top 5 wishes - tee's, small stuffies, odd Japanese stuff, odd clothes for Barbie sized dolls, sleep masks, ATC's, armwarmers, pillowcases.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: June 09, 2011 02:32:17 PM »

I have found the good to way outweigh the bad. I had been bummed to find out my partner had flaked, but I ended up with an amazingly talented, thoughtful and generous angel. I don't think I have mentioned enough times how grateful I am that Goktrose stepped forward to be an angel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

« Reply #334 on: June 09, 2011 02:46:57 PM »

I seem to have a 50% go with craftsters at this point.  And I simple don't get it.....I understand this site has a random factor, but really?  Does everyone have this kinda luck?

I feel like swapping kind of goes in cycles-- sometimes you get a couple partners in a row where you just don't quite get each others' styles, or things get lost or break in the mail or whatever, and it can be really frustrating and disappointing.  And then you get a fantastic partner or a great angel package, and suddenly you remember why you started doing this again.  (either that, or the people who don't have that re-inspiration moment stop swapping entirely, so you only have the people who are happy about it on the boards...)

Anyway, various postal systems have been pretty crazy lately, as other people have pointed out, and particularly if you're in the minority of non-US swappers, things are going to end up delayed from time to time. Here's hoping someone will make you an angel package that makes up for it!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #335 on: June 09, 2011 03:06:07 PM »

I do have to say, that I have had some compleatly lovely partners...even in the span of this disturbing issue.  And logic speeks to several thing being involved in the delay.  It is just how my brain workes.  It's been a bit of a ruff month and I'm trying to not take it personaly Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2011 04:21:40 AM »

I just wanted to show you all what I made for "S is for summer"
I really loved working on this and still hold out hope that it will turn up where it is suppose to be going.
I went with a wicca/pagan theme for the whole parcel.

I made a set of flags,
Tha back

some goddess dolls and pencil case to fit a smart pen

an altar cloth

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #337 on: June 20, 2011 07:47:30 AM »

What a lovely package, Tanza!  I sure hope that it arrived!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: June 20, 2011 10:55:31 AM »

Tanza - what a great package.  I'm so sad that she fell off the face of the earth here Sad  I hope she got it though.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #339 on: June 20, 2011 08:48:42 PM »

I keep hoping it is just held up with the postal strike in Canada but alas my gut is telling me that it is long gone.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Anthony Doerr Talks About Memory Wall
A Tribute to George Carlin
Alan Goldsher Talks About Paul Is Undead
Sandra Harper Talks About High Tea
Gregory Boyle and Former Gang Members Talk About Tattoos on the Heart
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...