A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 7  (Read 24844 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DaisyTattoo
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2011 07:21:38 PM »

I love those pillowcases! The font is one of my favorites! What a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

valsped

Can you guess my real name from this?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2011 07:54:42 PM »

I'm really glad you lilked the goodies BSONLYTOOTS! I was really worried! I had some issues with blocking the bowls (as I'm sure you can see) but if you throw them in the washer again then dry them how you want them (stretched or as is) they should sit better. I wanted to let them air dry, but we don't have a machine and by the time I want to a friends to felt them (on 2 different days) they wouldn't have been dry enough to send (since they are pretty dense wool and it has been super rainy here lately).
I'm really not psychic, you just left great notes on your color preferences on your wists! If the roll is difficult to remove from the cozy, you can pull out the center cardboard and make it a 'center pull roll' then the kids won't have to take it out at all.
It's cool that you figured out who I was from my clues, but it wasn't till close to the end! I thought you probably knew it was me (from your post) but of course I couldn't ruin the final bit of suspense for you!
Enjoy your goodies! (and of course you don't have to share your bracelets!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am addicted swaps, including personal swaps!
chrispykreme
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2011 08:16:11 PM »

I got my package today. Yipee! First of all the box was giant! I didn't take a picture, but it was a really large box. Apparently it had to be because there were tons of items inside.

This cute bag with really cool details in the sewing and lots of pockets. I didn't get a picture of the sides, but they are tied and can be loosened to make the bag bigger.

Some extras. Snacks that I am supposed to share with my family, but we will see if that happens. Also small figures that will go to work with me.

Crocheted wrist warmers that I can dye myself.

A handcrafted fairy door. I have been wanting one forever. My stalker must have known how much I love trees. The design is perfect.

More extras! Beads with beading string and a notepad entitled "paper email." I use notes at work like crazy, they are all over my office.

An owl plushie. I said that I really admire people who can make plushies and now I have my very own. They buttons on the eyes are really cool looking in person.

I listed Harry Potter crafts as something I liked and now I have my own Gryffindor box with quidditch cards I can use for future paper crafts.

I specifically asked for something to help me keep track of my ideas and inspiration for crafts. My stalker upcycled an old book and turned it into a binder. She custom designed the sections to the crafts that I do. She also gave me some awesome paper cutouts. I think they are vintage. I love doing paper crafts and collages so I will definitely find a use for them.

Resin bottle cap magnets and a resin gnome key chain made from...wait for it...a SPOON! How clever is that? I collect magnets, so these are definitely new and distinct. Here is a close up of my little gnome.

A dachshund shirt. An arrow straight to my dachshund-lovin' heart. She used some different techniques, such as bleach pen and dye resist. She actually had a funny pun that she wanted to put on the shirt, but she didn't want to offend me. Turns out it wasn't that bad..."My wiener is huge in Japan."  Tongue

These may be my most favorite items. Two amazing necklaces and an acrylic ring. I have been wanting a red chunky bead necklace forever and the blue necklace has been on my wist, as well. She used swarovski crystals, which I think are so subtle and beautiful. I wanted to take a picture of me wearing the necklaces, because I really love them so much. But it's hard to take a good picture of yourself with no one home and without busting out the tripod. So here's me in the infinity necklace and close up of the ring (don't mind that my hand looks really old close up).

Last, but certainly not least. Of all these things I listed, I was really hoping I would get one of these...a new knitting needle roll. I tried to show both fabrics and the beautiful ribbon that was used. As you can see, my knitting needles have already moved in. It's beautifully made.

So, my stalker gave me a mathematical word problem to figure out who she is.

Drumroll please....
none other than video-game playing,
anime-loving,
Jamba juice slinger,
humans vs. zombies survivor,
super crafty goktrose!!

Thanks so much goktrose! You went way above and beyond. I salute you!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011 08:18:05 PM by chrispykreme » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DaisyTattoo
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2011 08:25:30 PM »

Love the fairy door and the knitting needle roll! What a great package. Serious spoilage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goktrose
The Mad-town Crafter

If you stumble, make it part of your dance.

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2011 08:32:16 PM »

Glad you liked everything chrispykreme! I had a blast crafting for you and I just couldn't stop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
I am always up for a personal swap! Odds and ends are my anti-drug.
NatACT

My little man - wrapped in mummy's craft :D

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2011 09:20:03 PM »

I just don't know how to say thank you enough for being such a wonderful swap partner.

You have brought a smile to my face several time during this swap, firstly with your message to the organizers giving me a "hall pass" (so to speak) on answering all the additional questions that had been posted in the thread. It was so appreciated, after the surgery I was constantly tired and forgetting to log on, or even get on the computer. So that was very much appreciated Smiley

Then there where the 2 postcards from the US, which where wonderful.

But I got your parcel and I was in ore of each item.

At the top of the box, a lovely black and pink ruffle skirt for my daughter Smiley she LOVES IT...

IMG_8102 by Hooked on me, on Flickr

Then there was these pillows, long have these been on my Wist list, I stuffed them and sewed up the hems as I wanted everyone to see how awesome they look on my lounge (only my son has fallen asleep on the 3 seater so they are overtaking one of the lazy boys at the moment)

IMG_8100 by Hooked on me, on Flickr

Next came a hat for my nephew, he is going to love this hat... I only fear that now my niece will want the luigi hat to match lol... Thank you so so much.

IMG_8105 by Hooked on me, on Flickr

A little gift for my son, a crayon roll... I plan to put small pencils inside and put them in our day bag. Thank you.

IMG_8106 by Hooked on me, on Flickr

And last but not least, my husbands favorite, a denim patch from his favorite game Fall Out 3.

IMG_8107 by Hooked on me, on Flickr

My whole family got something in this swap, I'm so happy with all the items that I got, Thanate you have truly spoiled me and my family Smiley
Thank you so much Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Up for a Personal Swap?

Send me an email Cheesy
hautedogclothing
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2011 08:20:57 AM »

I received from Quaggy!

She reveiled by putting each letter of her name on each side of the box!

I seriously got some AWESOME stuff!!!

In no particular order because i LOVE everything! Quaggy was a great stalker!
1. Cricut cover
2. Weight Watchers guide cover
3. Twizzlers (already eaten, we went to the movies and gobbled them all up.)
4. Skull charm bracelet
5. Disney Cupcake set
6. Hello Kitty Pez
7. Hk Pencils
8. Hk Note pad
9. Hk note book
10. Skull Pillow
11. HK beanie bunny

I put my pocket guide inside and already took it to the meeting with me yesterday and got TONS of compliments!

THANKS SOOOOO MUCH QUAGGY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/hautedogclothing
www.etsy.com/shop/sexybeastaccessories
"Like" my shop on FB please! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sexy-Beast-Accessories/210550278988695
dellastella

the crafter formerly known as avsceriline

« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2011 10:58:53 AM »

WOW! Shocked I am so amazed by the level of spoilage so far! Great job, everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog  |  flickr  |  wists  |  pinterest
puzzler
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2011 11:47:41 AM »

I recieved from puzzler the other day!

I am glad you like your package and it got to you safely!

Everyone, this is a great gallery, nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DaisyTattoo
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2011 11:50:24 AM »

The package I sent is in the state of my stalkee...it will be delivered tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Stitch
How to Make the Ribstitch
How to Lose a Stitch Properly
How to Make a Basket Weave Stitch
How to Form a Knitting Group
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...