A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,480
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 7  (Read 24813 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

honeyd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

warning: do not eat your fortune.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #340 on: June 30, 2011 08:59:12 AM »

I have found the good to way outweigh the bad. I had been bummed to find out my partner had flaked, but I ended up with an amazingly talented, thoughtful and generous angel. I don't think I have mentioned enough times how grateful I am that Goktrose stepped forward to be an angel!

And to angel a SECOND time!  THANK YOU GOKTROSE!!!!  I LOVE my parcel and am sending you a pm now!! =)

Ok, so I'm editing this post to add all my photos!  I loved everything that Gotkrose sent to me!  I'm so here we go!

First this awesome plate made from melted beads!  It's so cool!

A really cute tea wallet!

and the inside!!

Two really awesome mug rugs!

I love this green.

This awesome purse!  I'm gonna use this for so many things!

Close up of the fabric:

She also sent this lovely bit of donut fabric that I'm going to use for a head band!

and all the lot together:

THANK YOU GOTKROSE!!!  I love everything so much!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011 07:19:23 PM by honeyd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

goktrose
The Mad-town Crafter

If you stumble, make it part of your dance.

« Reply #341 on: June 30, 2011 07:35:58 PM »

I'm glad you liked it honeyd! I was very excited that you liked rainbows and whatnot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
I am always up for a personal swap! Odds and ends are my anti-drug.
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #342 on: June 30, 2011 08:42:48 PM »

Very nice angel package.  That melted plate is super cool.  Everything is nice and bright and cheery too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #343 on: July 06, 2011 07:16:37 PM »

I received my angel package today from...................THE AMAZING THANATE!!!  And everything is fabulous Grin  Lets get to the pics...crafty stuff first Grin

My new sleep mask.  Is it not the coolest ever??  I LOVE the eyes.  They should definitely look out for me while I sleep.

Check out me new Lucky Monster Foot USB!!!!!!  SSSQQQQQUUUEEE! Ssssqqqquueeee, ssqueee *cough*, I mean I just think this is so cool.

A bunch of random monster eyes.  These are just the right size to throw at people to get there attention.  They will make nice pin cussions too

Then thanate combined my love of cryptozooligy and ATC's and made me a set of 7 suereal animals...

*The first card is for the Amoeboid Zingat-Ularians...also featuring Zaphod Beeblebrox.
*The second is the Leonine Gastropod, and it says,"A cousin of the famous sphinx, the Leonine Gastropod has the head of a man, the main of a lion, and the body of a snail.  It can be found on rocky hillsides in Greece, but few ever look for it."
*Third is the Lint Bat and it says, "A violent cousin of the dust bunny, the Lint Bat feeds on electricity sucked out of cords that it punctures with it's needle sharp teeth.  Please don not try to pick one up.
*Fourth is the the elusive Twin-Tailed Merynx.  The card says, "According to the guidebooks of the Xargothy plains, the twin-tailed merynx is a shy beast that can only be lured to a campfire by the smell of burnt pop-corn.  Myths and urban legends of the merynx abound, both among tourists and locals, but no documented proof of their existence has ever been recorded.

*Fifth is the Trioptic Octopode.  This card reads, "When the seas boil & the Midgard Serpent fights the Leviathan, the Trioptic Octopode will be ready with a handful of popcorn shrimp to munch on.
*Sixth is the Alligator Hydra.  The card explains, "The Aligator Hydra lives deep in the mangrove swamps of central Florida.  Experts believe that this is what it looks like, but it has probably eaten everyone who knows for sure.
*and , finally, the seventh card, the Punk Spyder.  "The Punk Spyder is not a real arachnid, but it beats up insects in dark alleyways and picks up black widows in bars with stories about how it lost it's eighth leg."

And now the extras!  thanate said she got to add more things to the box because she could send more since she had to send UPS since Canada post was on strike at the time.  She said she added things from the go to thrift box.  I wish I lived near her, cause if this was stuff to go away, I can't imagine how amazing her house is Grin.  So anyway, here come even more photos..

rhinestone skulls, a pattern book for dolls (Zoey loved this), the cool post card she sent me a note on, and the little things in the baggy are parts for a pink space ship.  Each bag has a few parts for a bigger ship, and she sent me all the parts.  I have the perfect place for a pink space ship.  I have no idea how you knew I needed THAT *grin*.

a cthulu calendar!!  Out of date, but that is no issue.  Not only are there totally charming chibi cthulus on every page, there are interesting things about each day.  I will definitely read it through before I cut it up.  The yellow is a little note pad.  She clearly did a ton of research on me because it says "I love it when I am right.  Which is ALWAYS."  I don't know how thanate found out I am always right....sometimes it seems like I'm the only one that understands that!  The things above the note pad are cute little punch out animals that one can put together.  The tiger was fun to make, and it is sticking together pretty good so far.  I  made that one first cause it's the year of the tiger.

A few things in bubbles.  I love coin bubble machines..partly due to the cute little bubbles.  These are cool cause they are totally round.  I love the little sea pets in them.  The one with the handle is a purse and pet piranha for my doll Zoey.  It's perfect for her.

a cute butterfly kite.  It's really sparkly on the other side.  I'm going to try and fly it off the balcony next time we have some wind.

All this cool tiny stuff was in a tic tak box.  The lucky stars are sooo tiny!  I could never fold that small.  I love the skull bead.  I don't have one like that.  Beside the skull are 2 tiny white beads with one brown spot each.  They are perfect tiny EYES!!.  I also love the velum skulls and bones.  Definitely will be used.

Hang in there, only a few more pics to go...

Then she sent me this wicked hard cover book called Play With Your Food.  I have been meaning to get it from the library to have a look (I've seen this guys work all over the place) and now I don't have to Grin.  The other 3 pics are just some of my favos from the book.

And lastly, she sent me something I have wanted for a long time.  The Avenging Unicorn play set from Archie McPhee's.  I had the Good vs. Evil Unicorn play set, so now each of my corns has a person to skewer Cheesy

So Thank You so much thanate, for turning this swap compleatly around for me with your ohh so fun package!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: July 06, 2011 07:30:52 PM »

An amazing package! The sleep mask is incredible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: July 06, 2011 09:45:10 PM »

What a fun package! I'm glad you finally received in this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #346 on: July 07, 2011 03:57:13 AM »

Fab package!  I love the Lint Bats, I totally need to make my sister something with those on it! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: July 07, 2011 05:41:11 AM »

lol, I LOVE the lucky monster's foot usb!!!  Great package, great angel  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
goktrose
The Mad-town Crafter

If you stumble, make it part of your dance.

« Reply #348 on: July 07, 2011 06:07:48 PM »

I love that monster foot! And the food book is awesome too! Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
I am always up for a personal swap! Odds and ends are my anti-drug.
littlebluegirl
« Reply #349 on: July 08, 2011 05:47:11 AM »

What a fantastic package!  Love the sleep mask and the lint bat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brando Skyhorse Talks About The Madonnas of Echo Park
Andrew Clements Talks About Teaching
Barbara Dee Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Jennifer Weiner Talks About Fly Away Home
Play Dead Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...