A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,407
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: looking for funky retailers in edmonton & winnipeg  (Read 2461 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
sweetie pie press
« on: June 02, 2005 09:23:21 AM »

hi all,

i am just looking for advice on places to check out during some up coming tours to edmonton and winnipeg.

i make my own originally designed and/or found material 1" buttons and have had some success selling samples to great little stores while i am touring (i am primarily a performer - comedy, theatre, clown...).

just wondering if anyone has advice on stores to check out in either of these fine canadian meccas of culture.

thanks for listening,

the sweetie pie press

Trendy Wendy
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005 04:29:24 PM »

Hi I live in Edmonton.  And any store on Whyte Avenue would be the place to check out.  Lots of trendy stores and boutiques.  Maybe you have heard of the Fringe Festival - it takes place in that area.

Hope that helps.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005 06:56:48 PM »

Hi there
I run a store in Edmonton. Great work would love to see it and possibly buy from you .
Email me !
Talk to you soon
sweetie pie press
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005 10:32:59 AM »

thanks dudes.

i just got back from edmonton - winnipeg is next if anyone has any input. i figured osbourne village was the place to start. i love that town. really, love it.

as for edmonton, i did have some luck with stores on whyte.

i was there performing for ten days at the varscona theatre, so it was easy to pop into a few stores a day.

here is a list of stores that are carrying my stuff now:
Mars + Venus
The Tin Box

their details/addresses can be found here: http://www.sweetiepiepress.com/buttons/stores.html

ps - sunshiine, so lame that i missed this message. i was only there until the 25th. my email is sweetiepiepress@gmail.com feel free to check out my button gallery online or my etsy shop and tell me if you see anything you might like to carry. i have some other lines not yet posted and could also send you some pictures of those if you like. then we could discuss from there.

I am a crafty gangster. Fo shiz.

Call me Dijon... Dijon Mustard.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005 10:46:10 AM »

In Osbourne Village (Winnipeg), there are a MILLION little boutiques that you could check out. I suggest that you just drive along Corydon Avenue - I'm sure you'll find something suitable. As well, there's a store called Ragpickers on Main and McDermot where I'm actually planning to sell some stuff. They're great - they have everything and anything.

I hope you find something! PM me if you need any more Winnipeg hotspots.  Wink

sweetie pie press
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005 10:07:52 PM »

thanks, becky!

i cruised corydon today (where i am staying) and am happpy to say that i found my frist winnipeg retailer - the haberdashery. they are great.

osbourne tomorrow, as i have no shows, and ragpickers is a great idea. it's right on the fringe grounds and also directly across from my friend steve's studio.

easy peasy

i love this town. really. i miss it when i am gone.

thanks again for all the tips,

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...