A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
798 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 7 :: CLOSED~!  (Read 37369 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 03, 2011 08:51:53 PM »

The Important Info

Swap name:  Make-A-Friend Swap Round 7 (Summer 2011)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: DesignVigilante
Co-Organizer #1:Shablina
Co-Organizer #2:Ewulotta
Co-Organizer #3:tattooedcrafter

Signups: Monday, April 4th -- Monday, April 25th at 11pm Pacific Standard Time
First Package Due: May 27th
Second Package Due: July 5th
Third Package Due: August 1st
Click Here to View/Print The Entire Swap Calendar

The Gallery

Participant Max: 100
This is an International Swap
Age Restriction: 16+
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Previous Rounds

MAF Round 1:
January - April 2008
Original Thread
Gallery
MAF Round 2:
May - September 2008
Original Thread
Gallery
MAF Round 3:
November 2008 - March 2009
Original Thread
Gallery
MAF Round 4:
May - September 2009
Original Thread
Gallery
MAF Round 5:
November 2009 - March 2010
Original Thread
The Gallery
MAF Round 6:
April 2010 - August 2010
Original Thread
The Gallery

The Rules of The Swap

1. If you have never been in a swap before you may NOT join this swap! This swap requires a lot of time and effort, therefore I do not think it would be a good idea for a swap newbie.  
2. Like in previous rounds, you will be assigned an Organizer. Once you are assigned to your organizer, you will be in that organizers group. You must check in with that organizer, NOT ME. You must ONLY check in with me if you have a problem with your organizer. Otherwise, all questions, comments, problems, etc. should be directed to the organizer of your group.
3. If you were in a previous and were dropped, only sent the 1st package and were dropped, or flaked You may not join this round. I have a list, so do not try to sign up if you know you were dropped last time. If you received negative feedback and want to make up for it, PM me and we will discuss it.
4. Once Signups end, you will have one week to be cleanly dropped from the swap. However, in order to be dropped you must have your partners approval and must have a valid reason for wanting to drop.
5. After the one week deadline, you may not be dropped from the swap unless it is for an extreme emergency! I will no longer be giving out positive feedback for only sending 1 or 2 of the 3 packages unless you have AN EMERGENCY! By emergency I mean a death in the family or an illness.
6. If your partner goes missing, doesnt respond to your messages, and/or hasnt sent any messages to you, do not wait til the last minute to let someone know. If your partner has not messaged you in over a week and you have no idea why, let your organizer know IMMEDIATELY! If you wait til package 2 to let them know your partner has sent you one pm in the past two months, we may not take you seriously.
7. PLEASE remember that this is an international swap. If you say that you can ship outside the country, consider it a binding contract. You may or may not get a partner overseas but do not say Yes without thinking it through! Sending from the United States to Australia can cost upwards of 50 USD unless its a tiny envelope. Although even sending a padded envelope may cost you at least $20. Please take that into consideration.
8. If you decide to split each of the three packages into 4 smaller packages to send your partner a package every week, You will need to provide DCNs for each and every package you send along with a photo of what you are sending in order for your organizer to make sure you are sending the required number of items for that package.
9. For this round, I am requiring that you have a third form of communication besides your primary email address and craftster.
Acceptable forms of communication: an instant messaging screen name, a secondary email address, ravelry, myspace, or facebook.
Notes: The questionnaire will have a space where you can tell your partner what is your preferred form of communication.
You must also have a valid e-mail address. The first round of check-ins will be done via e-mail.
10. In this swap, you are allowed to partner yourselves, but you must let me know before sign ups end. If you do not have a partner by the end of signups, your organizer will assign you a partner.
11.If you are 2 or more weeks late sending your final package, you will receive temporary negative feedback. It will be reversed when you send.
12.If you are 6 weeks late sending your final package, you will receive permanent negative feedback. If you are having trouble sending your final package, communicate with your organizer and your partner right away to see if something can be worked out.
13. Even though this is already in Craftster's Swapping Guide I would like to reiterate that ALL PACKAGES MUST HAVE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION! If you are sending overseas, you still must use some form of tracking available for your package OR provide a photo/scan image of your receipt where the information is clearly legible. You must also give your group organizer the delivery confirmation (or tracking) number for each package you send.
14. If you have been flaked on, even if you had already sent a package and did not get a package in return, you will not get an Angel. This swap will only allow for REPLACEMENT PARTNERS. If you do not want a replacement partner, you will receive positive feedback immediately and be dropped from the swap. PLEASE, I cannot stress this enough, if you have ANY doubts that your partner may be flaking, DO NOT SEND YOUR PACKAGE! Contact your organizer immediately and let them know so that you do not get marked for being late.
15. If you are flaked on and choose to have a replacement partner, you will each have to send a package that contains at minimum 5 items from package 1, and 1 medium item from package 2.

The Packages

Package #1
Click here to View/Download/Print the Package 1 requirements as a document

This package will be a scavanger hunt. Choose a minimum of 10 of the following 30 items listed below. Each item you pick should reflect you in some way, not your partner. This is equivalent to the "Favorite" items in the previous rounds. Please note that each item must be equal to a small. A small = $3 cost or 1 hour craft. You can always go larger if you wish but that is entirely up to you.
1. Something with your favorite animal on it
2. Something edible
3. Something with your favorite color on it
4. Something that you think smells good
5. Something that you wear on your body
6. Something made out of or with paper
7. Something that reflects your personal style
8. Something with your favorite character on it (this could be from a movie, cartoon, tv show, etc.)
9. Something with your favorite musical artist on it (no mixed cd's please! store bought cd's are ok for this)
10. Something related to yarn or thread
11. Something that has sentimental value to you
12. Something local to your city, state, or country
13. Something you always keep in your purse/bag (besides the obvious keys and wallet)
14. Something relating to your favorite fashion or hair accessory
15. Something with your favorite design/pattern/fabric on it (like plaid, argyle, stars, zebra stripes, etc)
16. Something relating to your favorite holiday
17. Something relating to your favorite craft supply (like yarn, fabric, tools)
18. Something from your favorite store (can be online, retail, or local)
19. Something you like to collect (non-craft related, like coffee mugs or stationary supplies)
20. Something drinkable
21. Something related to your non-craft hobbies (like reading)
22. Something related to your favorite game (can be video, online, board, card, etc.)
23. Something you consider a *summer* essential (think outside the box for this one)
24. Something related to your favorite flower
25. Something that is your favorite that isn't already listed here (this is pretty much a freebie. You can send anything you want that relates to something you like)
26. Something that is a kitchen staple in your house (this does not have to be food, can be utensils, accessories, etc.)
27. Something that helps you stay organized (either in your home, on the go, in your car, with your crafts, etc.)
28. Something related to a random song (Put your mp3 player, itunes, or other music library on shuffle and find something related to that random song)
29. Something related to reading/literature
30. Something that is essential to your favorite craft (favorite hook size & brand, favorite needles, a fat quarter of your favorite fabric, etc.)

As per all packages, you must include a letter explaining the items you included, why you included them, and how it relates to you. Also include a brief biography about yourself, or some fun facts about yourself that you haven't already told your partner.

Package #2
Click here to View/Download/Print the Package 2 & 3 requirements as a document

With this package, I decided to make it a combination of all three packages used in the previous rounds. Note that unless otherwise specified, each item should be a medium. A medium = $10 cost or 2.5 hours craft. Pick a minimum of 2 items from this list.

1. Add 5 items to your partner's stash (examples, if your partner sews add 5 new fat quarters to their stash or if your partner knits add 5 new skeins of yarn that cost $2 or less each. Please remember that this has to equal to a medium so the total amount you spend should equal to a minimum of $10)
2. Put together a D.I.Y. kit for a craft your partner does not know but would like to learn (remember, this is also a medium and should equal to about $10)
3. Utilizing your best craft, create a medium item for your partner.
4. Based on what you know of your partner, come up with a medium sized crafted set for your partner's craft (I.e. if they crochet, make a WIP bag, a crochet hook roll, and a measuring tape cozy as a set. You are not limited to one craft. If they do multiple crafts, a set of a WIP bag, a pin cushion, and a paint brush roll is also acceptable as long as it is a medium sized set.)
5. One medium sized item from your partner's wist or other wishlist.

Along with at least 2 of the above items, also include a minimum of 3 small extras OR 1 medium item based on one of your favorite items from the scavenger list in package 1 (you can re-use a theme, but it must be a different item and it must be a MEDIUM not a small)
Again, please include a letter explaining what all of the items are and how they relate to yourself or your partner.

Package #3
Using all the information you now know about your partner, make one large item for your partner. Large = $25 cost or 3+ hours craft.
OR
Choose 2 items from the list from Package 2 (you can repeat the same themes as long as they are different items, i.e. you can send a crochet DIY kit for package 2, and a resin DIY kit for package 3) PLUS three small extra items.

The Questionnaire

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Instant Messanger Screen name or Other form of contact (i.e. ravelry, secondary email, AOL instant messanger, Yahoo, msn etc):
Social Networking information (if you have a myspace, facebook, and/or twitter):
Preferred form of contact (email, im, craftster, etc.):
Real Name and mailing address including the country:
Please confirm that you are over the age of 16:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country:
Any allergies you would like to note:
Any allergens you would like to note (i.e. if u have cats or if u smoke, etc.):

Age/DOB (if you do not want to disclose your age, just put the month and day of your birth)
Current Location/Hometown
Favorite Crafts (crafts you love to do)
Craft Wishlist (crafts you want to learn)
Are you opposed to getting spoiled/getting more than the required items? (this is just a precaution because some people feel obligated to give more if they know their partner is sending extras and I dont want anyone to feel embarrassed or anything like that)
Anything you do not want to receive:
What are some things you'd like to make for yourself but never have enough time to do?
Link to your Wist/Kaboodle/Amazon wishlist/Etsy Favorites:

Favorites
Favorite Books
Favorite Movies
Favorite TV Shows
Favorite Bands/Musicians
Favorite Animals
Favorite Passtimes besides crafting
Favorite Games (board, online, video, etc)
Favorite Foods
Favorite Scents (perfumes, natural, spices, etc)
Favorite Colors
Favorite Color Schemes (green-brown, red-white-blue, etc)
Favorite Designs/Patterns (plaid, argyle, stars, etc)

About your life
Do you have a significant other?
Do you have children or grandchildren?
Do you have pets?
Do you attend a school (highschool, college, graduate school, technical school)?
Do you have an occupation?
Do you have any dietary restraints (vegan, vegetarian, etc)?
Do you collect anything?

Would you enjoy receiving food items as your gifts? (cookies, candy, etc..)
If yes, Favorite foods/candies/etc:

Sizes (If you feel uncomfortable divulging this information, you may leave the sizes blank and only share them with your partner)
tshirt:
finger:
preferred necklace length:
hips (where you would wear a belt):
head (around, like where you would wear a headband):
socks/shoes:
Do you wear hair accessories?
Do you wear jewelry/other accessories?

anything else you would like your partner to know at this point?

Any Questions, comments, concerns, feel free to pm me.
Happy Crafting!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011 04:34:11 PM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011 08:52:20 PM »

Participants

1. DesignVigilante *Returning Friend*
2. tattooedcrafter
*Returning Friend*
3. Ewulotta *Returning Friend*
4. Mod35tBabe
5. A2JC4life

6. najaorama
7. Zombie_Queen

8. sweety28303
9. whats_her_name
10. thisbirdsabsurd
11. SevsOnlyGirl
*Returning Friend*

12. MissingWillow
13. WhiteSheep *Returning Friend*
14. icebyrd67 *Returning Friend*
15. SMLounsbury
16. amazing_784
*Dropped after 1 week*
17. CleanFeelin
18. RosyPosie
19. SilentMynerva
*Returning Friend*
20. EdenKitty

21. KraftyKitonet *Returning Friend* *mutual drop*
22. Missing_Muse *Returning Friend* dropped due to medical emergency

24. FinRaziel
25. bellyjewel

26. missiejean

27. Myyrh dropped, non-communicative
28. Kitten Wrangler *Returning Friend*
29. Eveamlizya
30. tapestrymlp

31. redstar13
32. raennn

33. aheartofglass
34. Faux_valentine
35. lacey0828
36. Southern Flower
*Returning Friend*
37. attienichole *Returning Friend*

38. Ashley G.
39. feverdream

40. onyxnox *Returning Friend*
41. karwash
42. MedusaLisa
43. faeriegirl

44. princesspimp81 *Returning Friend*
45. Nostrum dropped, non-communicative
46. Linnybelle *Returning Friend*
47. mandykaye
48. kbauer
*mutual drop*
49. palicious *Returning Friend*
50. Feline2001 *Returning Friend*

51. Casey1201 *Returning Friend*
52. zigg13pra dropped, partner went missing
53. amnesia *Returning Friend*
54. NessaMcTastic
55. CraftyCakeLady

56. ollieorange
57. Deece in MN
58. LanaC
59. iliveonarainbow

60. prettyrustyrobot dropped, non-communicative

Feedback Left as of (09/04): 58 out of 60.

Partners

Note: If signups have not ended, please realize these are people who partnered themselves. You are not required to partner yourself, but you can if you want to. If you don't want to partner yourself, don't worry as I will assign you a partner once signups end.

DesignVigilante <--> Zombie_Queen
thisbirdsabsurd <--> MissingWillow
bellyjewel <--> icebyrd67
Eveamlizya <--> tapestrymlp
raennn   <--> najaorama
Faux_valentine <--> redstar13
Mod35tBabe <--> SilentMynerva
feverdream <--> FinRaziel
princesspimp81 <--> tattooedcrafter
Kitten Wrangler <--> Nostrum
KraftyKitonet <--> kbauer
mandykaye <--> SevsOnlyGirl
Deece in MN <--> Craftycakelady
ollieorange <--> Attienichole
Casey1201 <--> lacey0828

Ewulotta <--> aheartofglass
A2JC4life <--> Southern Flower
sweety28303 <--> CleanFeelin
whats_her_name <--> onyxnox
WhiteSheep <--> Feline2001
SMLounsbury <--> MedusaLisa
amazing_784 <--> RosyPosie
palicious <--> LanaC
EdenKitty <--> amnesia
Missing_Muse <--> prettyrustyrobot
karwash <--> faeriegirl
missiejean   <--> NessaMcTastic
Myyrh <--> zigg13pra
iliveonarainbow <--> Ashley G.
Alizarinantidote   <--> Linnybelle

Groups

Team DesignVigilanteTeam ShabilaTeam EwulottaTeam TattooedCrafter
WhiteSheep <--> Feline2001
Kitten Wrangler <--> Nostrum
whats_her_name <--> onyxnox
Missing_Muse <--> prettyrustyrobot
Mod35tBabe <--> SilentMynerva
Ewulotta <--> aheartofglass
KraftyKitonet <--> kbauer
SilentMynerva <--> Linnybelle
thisbirdsabsurd <--> MissingWillow
ollieorange <--> Attienichole
Casey1201 <--> lacey0828
iliveonarainbow <--> Ashley G.
A2JC4life <--> Southern Flower
SMLounsbury <--> MedusaLisa
palicious <--> LanaC
princesspimp81 <--> tattooedcrafter
bellyjewel <--> icebyrd67
Faux_valentine <--> redstar13
mandykaye <--> SevsOnlyGirl
feverdream <--> FinRaziel
Eveamlizya <--> tapestrymlp
sweety28303 <--> CleanFeelin
Deece in MN <--> Craftycakelady
DesignVigilante <--> Zombie_Queen
missiejean   <--> NessaMcTastic
Myyrh <--> zigg13pra
EdenKitty <--> amnesia
karwash <--> faeriegirl
raennn   <--> najaorama
amazing_784 <--> RosyPosie
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011 01:38:07 PM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011 06:42:14 AM »

Woohoo!!  Off to fill out my questionnaire. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011 06:57:13 AM »

I'm sorry, I don't want to sound dumb, but do you want the questionnaire to go to the org and co-orgs?  I wanted to make sure as I didn't see it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2JC4life
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011 07:53:35 AM »

That didn't even occur to me!  Embarrassed  I assumed that the q's would go to DV and then she'd assign us to co-org's once we were paired up, but maybe I should've cc'ed my questionnaire?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011 10:10:46 AM »

Once I get a few of my other swaps out of the way then I'll sign up, definitely!  Grin I'll work on my questionnaire for now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011 10:15:07 AM »

So... D.... I might be able to do this swap. Turns out you are scheduling everything that needs to be crafted after my graduation.... I'll think about it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011 11:32:31 AM »

That didn't even occur to me!  Embarrassed  I assumed that the q's would go to DV and then she'd assign us to co-org's once we were paired up, but maybe I should've cc'ed my questionnaire?

This is correct because at the moment you don't have a group organizer, so you don't know who is going to need your questionnaire yet. So Yes please send them to me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011 11:35:01 AM »

So... D.... I might be able to do this swap. Turns out you are scheduling everything that needs to be crafted after my graduation.... I'll think about it. Smiley

Awesome! I hope you can join us Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lacey0828
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011 11:52:18 AM »

I will be filling out my questionnaire as I wait my other swaps to be done. At least it gives me time to be very thourough Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Facial With Celebrity Aesthetician Nerida Joy
Top 5 Best Natural Skin Care Products
Three Beauty Products That Moisturize With Hyaluronic Acid
Top 3 Antioxidant-Packed Snacks for Beautiful Skin
DIY Lip Plumper
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...