A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 307,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lasagna Cupcakes  (Read 17809 times)
Tags for this thread: lasagna , recipe , craftster_best_of_2011 , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2011 07:44:26 PM »

I love the idea of being able to personalize them for each person, I'm going to have to make these for dinner next week
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2011 07:51:15 PM »

I love the idea of being able to personalize them for each person, I'm going to have to make these for dinner next week

Excellent! I hope you like them Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixie24
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011 01:36:14 AM »

that is so true tattooedrafter! or in my case (i make ahead my food for the entire week and just reheat). i can make some variations for every meal. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonClaw
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2011 03:45:10 AM »

Cool! Great idea! Thanks. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alexania
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2011 02:24:35 PM »

Made them tonight for a "dinner party". They came out AWESOME (if I say so myself).

I use the same Lasagna recipe as you (it's always a winner), made a third of it. Used our new pasta machine (that we got as a wedding present) for the first time, to whip up some fresh pasta and then pressed out little circles with a cookie cutter. The circles were about exactly the same size as the top of the muffin... shapes, so the bottom layers folded up nicely. It ended up working out to exactly 12 cupcakes.

I was a bit worried when I took them out of the oven, whether they'd fall apart when I try take them out of the pan, but thanks to the pasta having conveniently folded up the sides, they didn't. So pro tip: if you're going to use the cookie cutter method, make sure to use circles bigger than you pan.

Long story short, super awesome idea.!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2011 02:35:29 PM »

I'm so glad they were a hit! I bet they were especially fun and delicious using homemade pasta. YUUUMMM.

Did you take any photos? I'd love to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alexania
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011 03:56:00 AM »

As usual it took longer than I expected (I'd never be able to do Masterchef Sad ) so I was in a bit of hurry when i plated them up, thus forgetting to take photos. My husband has concluded that the only solution to this problem is to make them again. Tongue So I'll take photos next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2011 09:37:18 AM »

Love it!

I send my husband to work every day with a homemade microwave dinner for his lunch, so I'm always looking for things like this!

A friend of mine sent me a link once to I think it was Serious Eats that did this with using won ton wrappers as the noodle, but I thought that was too weird and wondered about a version with a real noodle. Thanks! Bookmarking this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
Zombie Panda
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2011 11:44:29 AM »

Oh wow these look good! I just started weight watchers, and am trying to figure out how to cook for hubby and for me, these look like they wouldn't be as fattening as regular lasagna since you're not eating as many layers of noddles.

And I could put regular cheese on his, and just a little on mine. I'm seriously really excited about trying this recipe!

Replace the ricotta with spinach and it can reduce the fat content by half and add a vegetable serving. I use the same recipe not as cool as the cupcake style ones here, but have been also trying to watch my intake of fat/calories. Even low fat ricotta is still pretty high in fat as far as cheese goes.

My family is very big on lasagna but I'm always reluctant to make it because I can't stop eating it. This is absolutely awesome in every way and can't wait to try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be who you are and say what you think, because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind~ Dr. Seuss
r0ck0n
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2011 03:00:08 PM »

A friend of mine sent me a link once to I think it was Serious Eats that did this with using won ton wrappers as the noodle, but I thought that was too weird and wondered about a version with a real noodle. Thanks! Bookmarking this!

yeah, I was about to say, I've seen a very similar idea floating around the internet using wonton wrappers instead of noodles...apparently when it cooks this way it takes on a consistency and texture similar to a noodle, just with less bulk perhaps? not sure, i havent tried it! either way, this is a great idea and deserves to be shared!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Kitty Floss Holders
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Cozies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...