Swap name: WWP Beltane Fires Round 27
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: hawkeyes_girl
Sign-up date range: 4-3 to 4-9-11
Date to send item by: 4-25-10
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country? N/A
Additional Age requirement? No
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YESCome one and all to celebrate Summer, Beltane, and the Beltane Fires Swap!
Details of Swap:
Make 2 crafted Beltane items that are pagan, wiccan, or witchcraft related or something just plain great that your partner can appreciate and enjoy. One item must be a small candle or fire related such as a decorated candle holder, match box, or decorated candle. Any candle/bonfire related item will count. The other item is a small free choice, whatever pleases your partner!
Suggestions would include altar or spellcasting items such as bowls, oil blends, etc. - as well as altar cloths, statues, jewellery, decorations, stationary, or more - look at previous galleries of similar swaps for ideas if you need them. Talk to your partners for suggestions and ideas.Size requirements for this swap are 1 small candle/fire item and 1 free choice small item.
Beltane, or May Day occurs on May 1. It is a Sabbat celebrating the union of the Lord and Lady and fertility, summer and life. It is often marked by bonfires and dancing around a may pole. It is often considered the opposite side of the coin of Samhain, celebrating life and the richness of life rather than death. Often cattle were driven between fires to purify and bless them for the year.
Link to learn more: http://www.strangehorizons.com/2001/20010423/beltane.shtml
Ways to include children: http://www.mountain-mysteries.com/Beltane/Children.htm
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
What is your philosophy/religion/branch/etc.?
What deity/deities/etc. is/are special to you?
Are you out of the broom closet? (Do your friends and/or family know you are pagan?)
Are you ok with tasteful nudity?
Do you have favorite colors, stones, etc?
What do you need/want the most? Anything else?
Is there anything you do NOT want?
Would you be willing to learn about and craft for someone else's traditions that may be different from your own?
Is there anything you wouldn't be willing to craft for because of your beliefs?
What kinds of crafts do you do?
Do you have any allergies or aversions to anything? What are they?
What allergens are in your environment?
Please list the avatar names of your last three WWP swap partners if applicable.
Anything else you want to add?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
6. holistic knitter
9. Anya Kase
10. Yarn Nymph
1. Fullmoon <--->Wulf
2. TheManicCrafter <--->holistic knitter
3. Monnie31 <---> RippledWater
4. Doxie <---> whileitsraining
5. Anya Kase <--->spazgirl1981
6. smushisweetbaboo <--->impchild
7. mandykaye <--->ybunnygurl
8. Yarn Nymph <---> hawkeyes_girl Swap Gallery:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=378802.0