A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Engaged and now planning a red/black wedding of nerdy goodness!!  (Read 4117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Samantha_McKay
Artist, Siren, Immortal, Goddess, Mother, Wife, Geek, Writer

You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011 12:20:26 AM »

I love these ideas!

The swan earrings you posted there are amazing. I got a pair of those from an etsy seller recently and I've never loved a pair of earrings more, they are amazingly detailed and super light to wear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helen Magnus: No killing!
Nikola Tesla: Said the woman with a gun to a vampire.

The Doctor: Shout if you get into trouble
River Song : Don't worry I'm quite the screamer.. now there's a spoiler for you .

http://wists.com/Samantha_McKay
PPProductions
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011 03:34:21 PM »

Thrila-

I'm from a production company that is developing a television show about "geek" weddings and we are looking for couples who are currently planning their weddings to participate. If you are interested in discussing, please email me! Asst@ppongproductions.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thrila

I kinda do things @_@;;

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011 12:01:34 AM »

Your inspiration so far looks great. We were able to have our wedding for about $2000 in 2004 and it was pretty good for the budget. I really like that location for the ceremony too, but it said that you can't have blankets or chairs in the grass on their rules page Sad If you are planning a short ceremony, people can just stand around (unless it's going to be a lot of people). I think that I'd prefer standing to sitting on concrete.

Welp, we were thinking some more about the fact that we couldn't have chairs, and thanks to some recent events we are thinking of actually holding out wedding sometime between January - March. I found a reception hall that looks nice online, it just has to hold up when I got visit in person Cheesy But there we will at least have chairs, tables, etc.

Congratulations! I just thought I'd mention that the dress Dita is wearing is Roland Mouret's "Galaxy" dress. It just so happens that Vogue ripped off the design in an Easy Options pattern:

http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8280-products-6705.php?page_id=857

McCall's has a version with princess seams instead of darts, but it's out of print:

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m5269-products-4927.php?page_id=521

Best of luck!

Hah, I am actually purchasing the dress form someone on Etsy who is using the Vogue Pattern. I'm going with the dress with the long sleeves, but without the pleats. If I could work my way around a sewing machine, I'd do it myself, but Lord knows that sewing machines and I just don't get along.

I love these ideas!

The swan earrings you posted there are amazing. I got a pair of those from an etsy seller recently and I've never loved a pair of earrings more, they are amazingly detailed and super light to wear.

I've been in love with fake gauges for the longest time, and my fiance just bought me a pair of octopus tentacle fake gauges Cheesy

Thrila-

I'm from a production company that is developing a television show about "geek" weddings and we are looking for couples who are currently planning their weddings to participate. If you are interested in discussing, please email me! Asst@ppongproductions.com

Sounds fun! I sent you an email Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating a Space Explosion in After Effects P.2
Creating a Space Explosion in After Effects P.1
Photoshop - Creating Star Wars Crawl P.1
Photoshop - Turning a Photo into a Cartoon P.2
After Effects:Creating an Explosion Behind Someone
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...