A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
369 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Labyrinth Swap Round 4 GALLERY!!  (Read 15945 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suzyscissors

There's only one thing I love more than crafting..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2011 05:48:55 PM »

My Turn!!!  I received today from spazgirl and it was perfect timing because work was pretty bumming in a real way...

I opened the package to a pretty card (with an appropriate "I make pretty things" sticker on it, I might add) and yellow tissue paper wrapped goodies Smiley

First..  Here, as others have said, is the obligatory group shot.. but watch carefully there is a Sarah necklace that is only here as I am too lazy to upload twice to Craftster photo hosting..  Wink

I know you're already jealous, but the show must go on with some close ups..

First, if you will, check out this awesome worm shirt.. 

I love graphic prints and silhouettes.. and I really adore his little red scarf.  Unfortunately for me I received the package a mere 8 hours after reading my new dress policy for work which strictly forebodes graphic printed (awesome) t-shirts.. But think I'll live dangerously and rock it under a blazer to show it off.

Next, the silent partner in the group pic (because everything is sitting in it) is an awesome treasure box...

which has a mutual fav quote of spaz's and mine..  (If you ask me, the bird is really the wise one in that relationship lol)

And the best was definitely saved for last... CHECK IT OUT - NESTING DOLLS!!!  Yahooooo...

Ludo... Jareth... Sarah... Hoggle... Sir Didymus.. and Toby!!

When I pulled it out I thought it was just a Ludo and was excited.. Then I noticed a slit around his belly and opened him up... YIKES! Jareth...  and again.. and again.. you get the point Smiley  I didn't think that they made little dolls that small.. Little Toby was the biggest surprise of all!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, spaz... I LOVE all of it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2011 06:22:18 PM »

Nesting dolls are the coolest craft ever. I've seen variations on the theme in a few swaps, and they are always so cool! I wish I had better painting skills. Ooh... I wonder if there is an amigurumi/crochet nesting doll pattern...

I love that shirt too. Would look great with my new Labyrinth silhouette skirt! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Merliquin

Saving the world since 1100 AD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2011 07:22:01 PM »

OK!
I escaped the theatre in time to take pictures of the AWESOME stuff Lindzt sent me!!

A painted Mirror that is SOOO cool. You are a great artist Lindzt, I love it!

sorry for the blurry picture, but it's a cool Jareth themed keychain!  there's a clock and a crystal and an owl and a tiny little bottle filled with goo from the bog of eternal stench. hee

I great sign that I'm going to hang outside my door!  YAY for the worm. and ... I drink tea like crazy so it's very fitting

and Lastly a 13 o clock paper weight!

Thank you so much!! This has been an awesome swap Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samantha_McKay
Artist, Siren, Immortal, Goddess, Mother, Wife, Geek, Writer

You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2011 02:25:58 AM »

I'd be all over round 5! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helen Magnus: No killing!
Nikola Tesla: Said the woman with a gun to a vampire.

The Doctor: Shout if you get into trouble
River Song : Don't worry I'm quite the screamer.. now there's a spoiler for you .

http://wists.com/Samantha_McKay
rossie
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2011 03:47:12 PM »

I TOLD YOU SHE WAS AWESOME ROSSIE!!!!!!!!!! She showed it to me on FB and I squealed just as loudly as you did probably. I think I might have even bribed her at one point to give him to ME instead, lol! But I checked out the illustrations you did and I have to say my stomach turned.....WITH JEALOUSY. For the life of me I CANNOT DRAW but MY Goodness those drawings were fabulous!! Utterly FABULOUS!!!!!!!
      Is there a "this rocks" button for a whole Gallery? Seriously, this is great! We definitely out-crafted the previously galleries!  Kiss  Grin

Blush. Thank you Smiley  I don't do a lot of proper drawing anymore. I'm just glad it turned out fairly normal looking and not too wonky!

Totally agree with the out crafting - everyone has made such wonderful things!  What a bunch of talented people. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of fairy tale pretties:  http://summerfaire.com/
Lrigrem

<3 HP, Twilight, Halloween

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2011 04:16:30 PM »

I'd be up for a swap 5, too.  Except I'd make sure I got everything done at least a week early this time! 
Samanta_McKay: I checked UPS & your package should arrive tomorrow!  I think everything is self explanatory, but silly me forgot to include a note.  So feel free to question anything at will.  Smiley  Also, I have to ask - what method do you use for the t-shirt printing?  Is it freezer paper?  Because it turned out so wonderfully, I'm considering trying to make some printed t-shirts (and maybe a skirt!).  (I've always been too scared to try, but it just looks so good, I've made myself jealous of my own stuff!!)

This gallery is really too amazing. I can't get over all the cool stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask a Gentern who they prefer, ten out of nine will say "The Pavi!" <3 Oghr!
Repo! The Genetic Opera R3 Swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401054.0

http://pinterest.com/lrigrem/
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2011 04:44:34 PM »

I think I'd need a longer crafting time next round, in order to top His Royal Crotchiness. Not that I'm sure what I could do to top him...

I love that mirror. Very clever in both execution and design Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samantha_McKay
Artist, Siren, Immortal, Goddess, Mother, Wife, Geek, Writer

You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2011 08:00:33 PM »

I'd be up for a swap 5, too.  Except I'd make sure I got everything done at least a week early this time! 
Samanta_McKay: I checked UPS & your package should arrive tomorrow!  I think everything is self explanatory, but silly me forgot to include a note.  So feel free to question anything at will.  Smiley  Also, I have to ask - what method do you use for the t-shirt printing?  Is it freezer paper?  Because it turned out so wonderfully, I'm considering trying to make some printed t-shirts (and maybe a skirt!).  (I've always been too scared to try, but it just looks so good, I've made myself jealous of my own stuff!!)

This gallery is really too amazing. I can't get over all the cool stuff.

YAY! Tehe, I'm sure I will figure it out.

Yes, I used freezer paper for the front, but the text is freehand, you can tell, but I was being impatient about trying to cut words with kids running through the house.  I love the freezer paper method, I no longer have access to a screen printer and haven't set one up here since I moved. I've been on a stenciling roll lol. I even taught it to my Harry Potter meetup group a few weeks ago and we made all sorts of crazy stuff.

It's the easiest thing in the world. I cut a piece of freezer paper up against a piece of plain printer paper, load it into my printer shiny side down and print my image. Cut with an exacto knife and then all you have to do is iron it on. It's super fast and easy.  White paint works best if you get fabric medium and acrylics (it's the same cost as fabric paints and you get more paint for your money) I use a sponge applicator to apply my paint, makes the paint not have marks in it. (Black paint on white almost always soaks through and gets a little blotchy in spots. White on black shirts is awesome for vintage look)

Make sure you put cardboard between the layers of fabric in case it does bleed through a little, and make sure that you use a stencil not just a black and white printed image lol. I'm sure you can figure that one out, but a friend of mine did that a few weeks ago and her nice design was a giant hole in the middle of the paper because she forgot to leave tags to fix the rest of the image in place lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helen Magnus: No killing!
Nikola Tesla: Said the woman with a gun to a vampire.

The Doctor: Shout if you get into trouble
River Song : Don't worry I'm quite the screamer.. now there's a spoiler for you .

http://wists.com/Samantha_McKay
midnight

I live where hens catch mice and cats lay eggs

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2011 03:19:26 AM »

this gallery is simply amazing! people have really outdone themselves. I cant wait til tonight when I will be posting pirctures of the amazing package I received from demi_kitten! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnight_Satyne

Waxing Lyrical and Tripping the Light Fantastic
jeannebaby1

I'm cute and fluffy!!!

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2011 03:20:11 AM »

Ok here we go. Finally getting pictures up of what infructescence had made me. This is gonna be good...

It's a crystal, with some feathers, I'm sure are from the behind of very HOT King. It also has the famous quote of the king to Sarah. hehe Grin This is hanging on my wall over my bed. I see it everytime I wake up, awesome!

This lovely little box with the labyrinth outside and inside. Bonus a little laby book! So cute. Perfect for alittle fix.

William!! Oh so cute. I'm thinking about getting him a tea cup to live in. So cute.

And now, the greatest, I paraded this about my house, everyone thought I was crazy but I don't care I love it.
Just some shots of me wearing him. Isn't he wonderful? He is, OMG!!!  I can't thank infructescence enough. I only hope she likes what I've made her as much as I like what she did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No body move!! I dropped my brain.
"Chase the morning..."-Blind Mag
"Fire bad, tree pretty."-Buffy

My Esty Shop.....
http://www.twosumowrestlers.etsy.com

My blog, I don't do much with. It's new.
http://between-asleep-and-awake.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Beaded Lanyard
How to Use a Beading Board
How to Make Fimo Beads
How to String Beads
How to Make a Shamballa Bracelet
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...