A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 303,099
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interest in Madison craft fair?  (Read 3395 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: June 02, 2005 04:56:03 AM »

Hi everybody.  I am searching for some interested people who would be into a craft fair along the lines of Renegade, or Art vs. Craft, although on a bit smaller scale, right here in Madison.

This is still in the very planning stages, so right now it is still just brainstorming.    In the near future I will setting up a meeting at The Glitter Workshop to go over some ideas, but for right now if anyone has any ideas at all as far as venues, times that may work well, etc., please let me know.

Jump on the planning committee while it is still just a twinkle in our eye!

I look forward from hearing ideas, and I will post a meeting date as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone!

xo Naomi, The Glitter Workshop

Co-Founder, Stitch'n'Bitch Madison, WI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005 06:58:22 AM »

Hey Naomi, sign me up!

I want in on this... i was just wondering about my sack o' knit/crochet crap that i never wear/use yesterday... wondering if i should give it away, sell it or chuck it.

Maybe have it a Lazy Janes... they do craft fairs there.

I know a few crafters about town this may not reach, so i'll post it on the Stitch 'N' Bitch yahoo group (groups.yahoo.com/group/stitchnbitchmadison)

>^..^< ...Purr, and the world purrs with you. Hiss, and you hiss alone...>^..^<

greeting cards and such made from scratch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005 07:10:43 AM »

Great Idea Naomi!
I am down in Southern Ill., so this will probably not include me, but I am just so happy for you, the other crafters, and Madison, that you are organizing this.
I wish so bad that we had a venue or even a shop like TGW here in my area.
We got nothin'.  But I hope you get a mad response!
I'd love to come if I could!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005 07:29:54 AM »

woo, sounds great!  Do you have an idea when this would be?  I'd love to help out in anyway I can.  I do have a bit of experience planning art type events in Madison.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005 08:08:09 AM »

wow!  this is great!  right now i am just bouncing ideas around in my head, and this is super!  i hope to have a formal meetings set up possibly by the end of june to start really planning.  right now i am veering up for art vs. craft, as well as moving (ugh).

for venues, i am going to get on the phone and start looking at local parks and seeing what regulations and prices are like, as well as some pavilions.

lazy janes and some of the local cafes are great, but i am thinking a larger scale.

for you out of town gals, it's lovely up here this time of here (well, before the bugs come out and it's too hot to breath....), but when i get to that point, i will love to hear from you all as well.

if anyone would like to contact me directly with ideas or questions, either stop by the Glitter (920 E. Johnson), call 255-2025, or email directly at naomi@theglitterworkshop.com

i can't wait to start planning!

gimme your garbage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005 09:33:15 AM »

I want in too, Naomi!  Yeah!

Mr. Pickles
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005 03:12:29 PM »

We're down in Chicago, but would be interested as well.  Keep us posted: mrpickles@mrpicklesroom.com

Who is Mr. Pickles?  He's one cool cucumber!  Intelligent.  Irresistible. Pickle Globetrotter.   Check out the adventures of Mr. Pickles and his friends at www.mrpickles.com!

bake em away toys!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005 01:40:50 PM »

hi naomi!  i'd like to be a part too.  you could think about having it at the high noon saloon.  they had that rummage sale there a couple of months ago...

take it from me, i love you!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005 01:52:49 PM »

that's so funny!  i was just there on friday (took my girls to see their first rock show!, well, ok, only because my boyfriends band was playing Smiley  ), and was thinking it would be probably be big enough.  i was originally thinking something a bit bigger, but that would be a good intimate setting.  i'll try to contact cathy this week. 

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005 08:14:40 AM »

We have set a date and location for the fair.  It will be at The High Noon Saloon on July 23rd and July 24th (saturday & sunday) from 11-6 each day.

The cost is $50 per 8 ft booth, $30 for a 4 ft.  The applications and payments are due by July 1st, and are available at The Glitter Workshop (920 E. Johnson St. Madison), or online at www.theglitterworkshop.com.

Thanks all you crafty Madisonians!

~Naomi Richardson, coordinator

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tangy, Zesty, & Spicy Grilled Shrimp on fixmyrecipe.com
Chicken Salad with Golden Currants on fixmyrecipe.com
Improved Chili Recipe
How to Make Crab Cakes with Grapefruit Aioli
How to make Southern Breakfast
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...