A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does it matter what side you pull the screen filler thu?  (Read 730 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

deafswan
« on: April 01, 2011 01:08:45 AM »

Hey Guys,

I'm doing my first screen print using drawing fluid and screen filler.. i've just notice my squeegee is too large to fit into the 'right side' of my screen? Can i put the filler on the back of the screen, technicly i quess it should be the same, although my screen wont be flat while i pull the filler through? Will this matter? Hope that makes sense and probabaly a really daft question? Its a present for my better half so want to get it right x

Thanks x x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ohnomysweet
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011 11:34:17 AM »

What you should do is lay your screen down so that it is lifted off the table by the actual "screen" part, you should be staring down on the part of your screen that touches your fabric/paper. Tape down a temporary border around the edge of your screen mesh so that you don't get filler on your screen. Next pour a thin layer of screen filler on the tape and pull down with a disposable "squeegee" you definitely do not want to use your real squeegee. Pull down in a deliberate and smooth motion so that your coat is even. Do not pass over more than once as you'll lay the filler on too thick, too thin and it will wear away with use. It's something you have to practice with to get right. Let the filler dry before taking off the tape then wash the blue liner liquid away with COLD water.

When you're ready to wash the filler away you'll need HOT water and Grease Lighting cleaner. Don't try using anything else because trust me it won't work and you'll just be wasting time and money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brendan McNally Reveals His Best Quality
Amy Reed Reveals Her Most Noticeable Trait
Chris Evans Talks About The Iron Elves Series
Lisa Lampanelli is Funny
Mark Palmer and Scott Solder Talks About You Need This Book
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...