A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,751
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DON'T BLINK! (or- i just can't seem to post without a ton of images!)  (Read 33151 times)
Tags for this thread: doctor_who , tutorial , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NotKnit

My best works.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011 08:29:26 AM »

Great job and the weeping angels are some of the best villains ever! Plus, who doesn't love a Dr. Who creation? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

escapetomars
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011 02:19:34 PM »

Ok, so I wanted to make this for my boyfriend for his birthday. He is a Doctor Who fanatic. And one of the first episodes he made me watch with him was one of the ones with the weeping angels. And really the episode that got me hooked. So I flipped out when I randomly found this. It is a very awesome and creative idea!

Anyways, I had a question. And I warn you, it might be a dumb one. But what exactly did you use to prime it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fayeven

my hovercraft is full of eels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011 02:23:17 PM »

Ok, so I wanted to make this for my boyfriend for his birthday. He is a Doctor Who fanatic. And one of the first episodes he made me watch with him was one of the ones with the weeping angels. And really the episode that got me hooked. So I flipped out when I randomly found this. It is a very awesome and creative idea!

Anyways, I had a question. And I warn you, it might be a dumb one. But what exactly did you use to prime it?

totally not a dumb question!  i just used killz (you know, regular old house paint primer)  i brushed it on so i could have more control and still shape the folds in the dress while it was wet....  good luck!  i'd love to see what yours looks like, too Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

escapetomars
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011 02:31:11 PM »

totally not a dumb question!  i just used killz (you know, regular old house paint primer)  i brushed it on so i could have more control and still shape the folds in the dress while it was wet....  good luck!  i'd love to see what yours looks like, too Wink

Okay, I can remember that. Thanks! So you just used it on her dress? I'm sorry, I like to consider myself a crafty person, but my crafty-ness usually only reaches as far as scrapbooking and jewelry making. Not weeping angels making.  Roll Eyes Anywho ,(no pun intended)  I will definitely take some pictures of the completed project for you. Smiley It's the least I can do. haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fayeven

my hovercraft is full of eels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011 02:43:46 PM »

So you just used it on her dress?

yep.  directly on the fabric and the doll and the wings....  on absolutely all of it!  the fabric does suck up a lot of paint, but it becomes nice and hard after Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

escapetomars
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011 02:45:22 PM »

So you just used it on her dress?

yep.  directly on the fabric and the doll and the wings....  on absolutely all of it!  the fabric does suck up a lot of paint, but it becomes nice and hard after Cheesy

Awesome! Thank you so much!! Cheesy He is going to be so excited. And I can't wait to get started on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
varifiresis
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011 11:42:12 PM »

That was so much easier than the way I did mine. I had been wanting to do another but did not want to spend weeks on it like I did last time.  HOT GLUE~~~~GENIUS!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imera
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011 02:51:07 AM »

This doll is wonderful, I love reconstructed barbies, which reminds me that my sisters has tons of them that they don't use (evil grin)
This statue is amazing, just briliant
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cunning_bunny

"How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don'tchya think?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011 08:42:30 PM »

I think this is the best thing I have ever seen!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2011 01:30:23 PM »

I think this is the coolest altered doll I have ever seen!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author William Shatner
Andrew Clements Reveals Who He Admires Most
Sidney Kirkpatrick -- Revealed!
Jeff Rotter Talks About The Unknown Knowns
Debra Frasier Talks About A Fabulous Fair Alphabet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...