A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Delenn from Babylon 5 Doll  (Read 2596 times)
Tags for this thread: babylon_5  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lilybet85
Crafting Sci-Fi Geek

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2011 02:01:42 AM »

I've really been into reconstructing Barbie dolls lately and making them look waaaay cooler then they are (who wants pink and malibu??). So I bought a cheap-o Barbie to make into my favorite character from one of my favorite TV series. Delenn is a Minbari who transformed into a Minbari-Human hybrid.

I know her eyes aren't the greatest, but it's my first real face paint and the first time I've painted something so small. I'm hoping I get better as I do it more. Cheesy She also has no shoes because this doll had really large feet for a Barbie. I'm going to try to make her some when I get the pleather I need. I drafted the patterns for her clothing.

The thing in her hand is the triluminary and it's the device she used to turn half human. Mine is made out of toothpicks, wire from the edge of a ribbon and a hot glue drop.

If you haven't seen this series, definitely watch it. My husband had me hooked after the second episode!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lilybet85.blogspot.com/ For the Geeky Craftster!

"I'm glad you've got an absolute definition of life in the universe, but perhaps the universe has got ideas of its own." The Doctor

"It is possible to commit no mistake and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life." Captain Picard
Crafty Butterfly

Everythin's shiny Cap'n

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011 03:28:16 AM »

I saw the pic on the what' new section and was thinking is that Delenn? That looks like a Delenn outfit. Can there possibly be another Babylon 5 fan out there? Am I not the only one left?

I love Babylon 5. I watched it when it first came out. My husband and I actually met in a Babylon 5 chatroom on AOL called hte Eclipse Cafe. We had our 10 year anniversary this year and I started rewatching the series this year after our 10 year anniversary. I love it as much now as I did year ago. Anyway, I digress.

Your Delenn doll is awesome. I love the outfit and that you rememberd the pin that she always wears. What did you make the bone part of her head out of?

Have you seen the B5 ep with the babylon 5 merchandise? You could make a ba-bear-lon 5 bear with the initials J.M.S.    Or perhaps a Londo doll that is missing its.....ah.....attributes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilybet85
Crafting Sci-Fi Geek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011 04:55:15 AM »

I am not alone! I only know of a few other B5 fans and I'm terribly sad because it's such a well done show! If people would only give it a chance! I have all the seasons on Netflix at the very top of my list, right under Doctor Who. And that's so cool you met your hubby because of B5!

LOL, omiword, you do know that I'm going to have to make those now that you reminded me of that episode! I guess I'll be making another trip to the store today!  Cheesy

Her bone I made out of Sculpy clay. I molded it around her head to get the right shape, added the details then stuck it in the oven and prayed that I would be able to get it on her head, lol. It actually broke it two spots, but they were spots that were easy to hide and actually made getting it on her much easier. Smiley

I think I need to make John Sheriden next because she's lonely. Although... maybe she'll want to get with the Doctor when I'm done making him!  Cheesy Kiss

Sheridan: I I never thought there could be anything worse than being all alone in the night.
Delenn: But there is. Being all alone in a crowd.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011 04:56:46 AM by Lilybet85 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lilybet85.blogspot.com/ For the Geeky Craftster!

"I'm glad you've got an absolute definition of life in the universe, but perhaps the universe has got ideas of its own." The Doctor

"It is possible to commit no mistake and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life." Captain Picard
Supermutts
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011 05:35:40 AM »

I absolutely love this doll. This makes me want to rewatch Babylon 5  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." -Captain Mal
sithkittie
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011 06:54:11 AM »

I haven't watched Babylon 5 in years!  I think I've completely forgotten most of it, but I do remember this character from your doll.  Good job. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011 08:59:43 AM »

I love the hot glue gun 'crystal' drop! Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011 11:18:42 AM »

Wow you did a great job. I use to watch Babylon 5 a long time ago. I guess I need to start watching it again. I love SI-FI. I'll be waiting for your next one.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
cip100
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011 12:25:11 PM »

My husband got me hooked on it too. I was so sad when the series ended. We've gone back and rewatched it a couple of times.  I think it's about time to do it again since Syfy isn't showing new episodes of the current shows we've been watching.

I love the doll!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aethelberga
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011 06:01:07 PM »

I can't be the first one to say Minbarbie, can i? Cheesy.
I loved B5 when it was on as well. So well written.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imera
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011 04:03:20 AM »

I did watch babylon 5 when I was younger, but didn't understand all so I wasn't 'hooked'.
But this doll is great Cheesy who doesn't love a reconstructed barbie doll?? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn Broken Blush Into Cream Blush
Miami Swim Make Up Tips 2015
Sophy Robson’s Nail Art Tutorial on Galaxy Nails
How to Get Beyoncé’s Luminous Glow
Our Friend Courtney Bingham Sixx Knows A Lot About Self Tanning
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...