A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,915
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: April 2011 Birthday Swap - CLOSED  (Read 5149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: April 01, 2011 02:18:02 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377228.new#new

Swap name: April 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Troublet
Craftster member who is co-organizing:
Sign-up date range:  April 1-30
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377228.new#new

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists:
First post your location and a short bio of yourself,
then a list of crafted items you would like,
then craft supplies (if any)
and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea.
Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen.
The minimum of items to post is five.  
Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377228.new#new . Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out).

New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback."

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. *New Rule* If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put April Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.

Format for PMs:

Proper label:
"April Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

ex:  Send by April 14   kaz814 to Troublet -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC
~ (you know you wanna  Smiley )
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST

It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items

--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen

--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.

--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap: April 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377228.0 Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap- April 2011 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377228.new#new

Links to Previous Birthday Swaps
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011 04:48:38 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011 02:23:27 PM »

Birthday Swappers (Names linked to birthday list.)
(claim/sent/received)

Crafty Butterfly FOC - April 29 - (2/2/2) - receiving 2 gifts
icebyrd FOC - April 18 -(1/1/1) - receiving 2 gifts
Minusxl3lindfold - April 11 - (1/1/1) - receiving 3 gifts
bananaleg FOC - April 18 - (2/2/2) - receiving 2 gifts
LadyLeitzen FOC - April 28 - (1/1/1)- receiving 1 gift
Lillianpearl FIRST TIME SWAPPER! Smiley - April 4 - (1/1/1) - receiving 2 gifts
puzzler FOC - April 8 - (1/1/1) - receiving 1 gift
NotKnit FOC- April 7 - (2/2/2) - receiving 1 gift

Non-Birthday Swappers
(Names linked to profile.)
Troublet FOC (2/2/1)
sweety28303 FOC (1/1/1)

Claims List

Blue = Sent
Green = Received
Orange = Late w/ communication
RED = Contact Organizer asap

Send by April 16

Crafty Butterfly to icebyrd57 for quilt blocks
Minusxl3lindfold to Crafty Butterfly for "Something to make my garden more fairy and gnome friendly".
Lillianpearl to bananaleg for hand-carved stamp, tote bag, buttons

sweety28303 to Lillianpearl for a scarf

Send by April 18
icebyrd67 to bananaleg for homemade soap, buttons, yarn in fun colors

Send by April 19

NotKnit to Crafty Butterfly for Yarn and Trims
NotKnit to Lillianpearl for Earrings and Wooden Beads
puzzler to LadyLeitzen for knitting needles organizer/holder
Crafty Butterfly to Minusxl3lindfold for a hooded scarf

Send by April 20
bananaleg to icebyrd67 for a wisty surprise

Send by April 21

LadyLeitzen to Minusxl3lindfold for a starghan

Send by April 24
bananaleg to Minusxl3lindfold for a headband

Send by May 6
Troublet to puzzler for a stenciled t-shirt and some bath salts

Send by May 7
Troublet to NotKnit for a wist surprise
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011 03:35:06 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011 06:11:11 PM »

Hello.  My name is Julie.  I live in Houston TX (well, tiny town ten minutes outside of Houston but close enough?).  I turn 24 on the 18th and i'm really excited.  I'm having an Alice in Wonderland Themed Tea Party in celebration.  =) I am currently in graduate school studying Gifted and Talented education.  I am certified to teach High School English.  I work for IT for my university.  I have no idea how that happened either.  I am engaged to a lovely man who is living far away because hes in med school.  

I have a dog at home.  His name is Loki.  Yes, he lives up to his name.  He eats everything in sight.

I love all colors but I especially like red, white and black.  My bedroom is decorated in blues and tans.  I dont care for bright orange unless it is paired with other bright colors.  I also do not care for camo or paisleys.  

You can learn a lot more about me on my profile or the following links:

http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

I will keep adding to my list as I think of things.

The things in purple are the things i really want.

Crafty things:

- Quilt blocks 12 by 12 in whatever pattern, whatever colors.  Im gathering quilt blocks made by other people to put together a LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE LOVE ME! quilt.  =P  Someone pointed out to me that i forgot to include seam allowances so the blocks should be 12.5" by 12.5".  if you've already made me quilt blocks that are 12 by 12 raw edge to raw edge, no worries.  i can adjust my sashing.  =)
 Thank you Crafty Butterfly!  I'm going to leave this up as a wish tho!

- fabric baskets in cute patterns/colors that remind you of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle similar to these as they will be hung up like these: http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2010/07/creative-guest-hanging-storage-baskets.html

- a lunch box in adult patterns.  Pinks or purples maybe.  Like this: http://www.prudentbaby.com/2009/09/diy-fabric-lunch-bag.html

- very very sturdy dog toys, preferably with squeekers.  Loki will chew through and eat anything.  Please dont use chip bags in it, those take him all of 5 minutes to get through and then he eats the bag, which makes him sick

- a poppet whom I can make clothes for.  With purple eyes and black hair, if possible.

- finger puppets- a doctor's office set would be AWESOME!

- Embroidery for my hoopla wall. Theme ideas? alice in wonderland, nature, cutesy stuff, victorian, pretty much anything goes except for those cats in aprons which scare the everliving bejeesus out of me.  =D

- a pretty patchwork Lolita skirt in shades of pink, blue, OR blacks and whites.  (lolita skirt is basically a rectangle 3x the waist size, gathered onto a waist band.  my waist is 30 inches, hips are 36 inches.  a zipper and half-elastic waist band would be AWESOME (provides a little give in case i gain/lose weight. lol).  20 inches in length, including the waist band)

- any pretty lolita skirt in whatever colors, neutral or classic prints would be best so i can wear it to work.  i can't wear bright colored skirts to work.  see details above.  =)

- Minion - http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/2010/07/despicable-minion.html

- A pretty shawl for my mum in purples (her favorite color is lavender)

- Wall Art for my and mister's new apartment (that we're moving into in July) anything really.  I like some victorian inspired things, i think.

Supplies:

- fabric fat quarter sized or smaller.  As long as its at least 8" by 8", I want it.  Cottons are best.  dig through your scrap box!  =D

- Embroidery floss.  I need lots all the time

- Thread Heaven

- buttons.  Just plain solid color buttons in any size

- double fold bias tape.  If you make it yourself, I will LOVE you forever!  I love unique bias tape

- a nice pair of small embroidery scissors.  Ive lost mine again

- heck, if you want to send me an envelope stuffed with polyfil, Ill take it.  =P

- a 2.5 square template ruler thing for quilting. I spaced and cant remember what its called.  Heck, any sized template ruler thing for quilting would be great.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011 06:15:42 PM by icebyrd67 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
Minusxl3lindfold

R.I.P. Peter Steele. <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011 06:21:28 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Katelyn, I'm from Massachusetts and I'll be 25 on April 11. (I can't believe I'm almost 25..) My biggest birthday wish is to just be healthy. I've had 3 surgeries in the past month and I'm just getting over the flu so I can't wait to be feeling like myself again, hopefully in time for my birthday! Wink I love all animals and animal rescue, I have a dog, cat, turtle, rat and angelfish. I went to school for computer networking but I'm thinking of going back to school for pet grooming. Lately I've gotten into decorating with eastern style/religions like the Buddha, lotus, the look of indian sari's, sequins, boho style.. so anything decorative or useful in those styles would be awesome. I love leopard print. My favorite color is purple but I love most colors.. purples, pinks/reds, greens, blues, oranges, black.. Smiley I'm into painting, sewing, knitting, crochet, wood burning, jewelry making, baking, a little bit of everything..

Crafted Items:
- wisty surprise - http://www.wists.com/Minusxl3lindfold
- decorated throw pillow(s) or covers in an exotic global style (there's some pillows on my wist that could be inspiration)
- living room decoration in an exotic global style. examples: a serving tray, coasters, candle holder, art, book ends.. etc
- i'd LOVE painted shoes in any theme you think i'd like such as twilight, buddha, halloween(the holiday not the movie), pit bulls, cats, fish, crafting, could even just be quotes. just paint with acrylic paint and seal or i could probably seal them. i take a size 10 in the cheap 7.99 ones from kmart like these:
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_035B096574110001P?prdNo=17
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_035B089976110001P?prdNo=2
- hooded scarf or capelet Thank you so much Crafty Butterfly!!!
- hooped embroidery art in any theme/style you think i'd like
- a tribute to peter steele or something type o negative themed (band)
- a poppet
- craft my pet - craft any of my pets using whatever medium you want. here's a link to some pics:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9625&id=100000584671613&l=26c655425f
- reading pillow, here's an example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/montessoribyhand/940571571/in/gallery-nikolettj-72157622717090200/
- a mug rug
- a starghan Thank you very much LadyLeitzen!!!
- fabric coiled bowl
- headbands like these:Thank you bananaleg!!http://www.etsy.com/listing/41798766/dark-purple-headband-dread-tube-mesh
http://www.wists.com/Minusxl3lindfold/28aa5397116d10f6b7e35b183406fcce?offset=120
http://www.wists.com/Minusxl3lindfold/20120166eac519437eccab8bdb17d97e?offset=120

Supplies:
- cupcake fabric - i'd love to make a small curtain for the window on the kitchen door. here's some examples..
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=zprd_02344778a
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=xprd1036837
- any yarn or hand dyed yarn.. i only own a few acrylic kinds from the craft store but even acrylic type yarn is fine, i just need more colors.
- lots of 10 foot yarn/ribbon scraps to make a rapunzel scarf
- steel edge ruler
- saris or sari like fabric

Extras:
- milk chocolate is always good Smiley
- cadbury eggs
- fudge
- crafting/sewing/knitting/crochet/beading magazines
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011 03:38:43 PM by Minusxl3lindfold » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: www.wists.com/minusxl3lindfold
Facebook: (always looking for crafty friends!) http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000584671613

Current Swaps:
Crafty Butterfly

Everythin's shiny Cap'n

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011 04:59:21 AM »

Hi Everyone! My Name is Michelle. I live in Ohio. I will be 29 on April 29th (I'm trying to get over the denial that I'm almost 30). I'm a stay at home mom with two young sons. I've been crafting since I was very young. I like to try lots of different crafts. The crafts that I do most often are crochet and baking. It's the easiest to do with my little ones running around. I'd love to have more time to sew myself clothes, machine embroider, hand embroider, learn to tatt, play with beads, quilt, paper quilling,  and dabble in new crafts. Hubby and I just bought our first house a year ago. I'm really looking forward to personalizing our garden. I've made a good start by planting fruit trees and bushes. I like doing things that are 'earth friendly' although I'm really bad at remembering my reusable shopping bags since they are a bit bulky. I love forests and animals. We go to the zoo often. I love to read fantasy books and watch sci-fi shows/movies. I like the look of natural things, steampunk, retro,  eclectic, Victorian, Medieval, and old fashioned/rustic (think Little Women). My favorite colors are green blue and purple (I would enjoy items made without these colors if it works/is appropriate for the item). I particularly like the irridescence of blue morpho butterfly wings and peacock feathers. I don't have an allergy as such but I can't wear earrings unless they are nickel free. The Non nickel free ones make my ears hurt if i wear them for any length of time. I'm eager to get to know all the other April Babes. This is going to be a lot of fun!

Crafted items
*Falcor the Luck Dragon from The Neverending Story- A stuffed toy type would be the awesomest but a clay version or something else would work too

*Something to make my garden more fairy and gnome friendly (such as a door and or window to put at the base of a tree, mini furniture made from twigs, small gnome or fairy figures, etc) (claimed by Minusxl3lindfold--- Thank You! I'm really excited to see what you come up with)

*reusable shopping- I would like it to fold up small and stay folded either with a well placed zip, bits of velcro or just a pocket to tuck itself into. It would also be nice if it was either made of decorative fabric or with lane fabric that is decorated in some way (multiples welcome)

*handmade toiletries: lotion, liquid or gel soap, deoderant, shampoo, foot scrub or soak, face wash or lotion (no bar soap or bath bombs please). I like the smell of lilac, freesia, berries, cinnamon, and almond. Unscented is good too.

*Shirt (t shirt, 3/4 sleeve, or sleeveless) with a Babylon-5, Firefly, fairy, butterfly, celtic knots, steampunk, or Dr Who design on it. I wear a size large, I like to wear purple, green, blue, and aqua. I prefer medium- dark colors. Pastels, white, grey and neon colors don't do much for me. (multiples welcome)

*surprise from or inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/CraftyButterfly

*surprise with a Butterfly or Fairy theme

*Something Dr Who- surprise me. The Doctors that I like are: Peter Davison, Sylvester McCoy, David Tennent, and Mat Smith. The companions I like best are Ace and Amy Pond. You can't go wrong with the Tardis

supplies- I really do enjoy making things. I would be happy with a box full of yarn (or other supplies) and the only crafted thing being a birthday card. (yarn and trims claimed by NotKnit- Thank you! -I'm leaving them open since I'm happy for multiples )

Here's a link to my ravelry favorites to give you an idea of the projects that I'd like to attempt http://www.ravelry.com/people/CraftyFlutterby/favorites   (You do have to be a Ravelry member to view it.)

*worsted weight yarn for a 16 square knitted mystery afghan ( http://stitchtherapyknitalong.blogspot.com/ ) I'd like to make it in shades of Burgundy, dark rose red, beige, tan, Forest green, and moss green. Even just a ball of yarn thrown in would be awesome.

*Circular knitting needles (I'd really love to learn to knit in the round and to have that long cable in between the needles so that I could do something larger like a sweater)

*other knitting accessories- stitch markers, stitch holders, tip protectors, stitch counters

*yarn- preferably acrylic or cotton (as long as it's not wool) in any weight (thread-chunky). I like to crochet lots of things and am learning to knit. Even small amounts are great for coasters, motifs, or bookmarks  

*Machine embroidery thread (the only color that I have plenty of is white, anything else goes)

*tatting shuttles

*recycled stuff such as bottle caps, scrabble tiles, the comic section from newspapers, magazines, used greeting cards, last years calender (I like using the pictures for various crafts), even old holey t-shirts( I want to crochet a rug made from cut up t-shirts), or anything else that would end up in a landfill but could be crafted with. I'm open to new ideas!

* ideas, instructions, or inspirations for recycled/upcycled crafts

*artificial flowers- even a single flower would make me happy.

*anything with butterflies (stickers, paper, fabric, sequins, trims, beads, etc)

*trims- ribbon, lace, any color any size. retro, vintage, or from another culture would be awesome

*bias binding- any color, 1/2" double fold or 1" single fold preferable (just not the really skinny size) -if you make your own and it's patterned or unusual that would be awesome too.

extras,
*I love Chocolate any chocolate. Reese Cups and Dove Bliss are my favorites

*fudge

*Little Debbie cakes -Nutty Buddy is my favorite but they are all yummy

*Tea -loose leaf or bags. If you drink loose leaf tea I'd be happy with a sample in a zip lock bag of whatever your favorite is. I like earl grey with vanilla and black teas with a bit of berry flavoring. I'm happy to try new flavors and have caffeine free teas that I could let my little ones have.

*Seeds, bulbs, starters with bare roots, - flowers, herbs, veggies- questions welcome, just a few from a pack in a bag that's labeled would be great.

*your favorite recipe- bread, veggie, slow cooker, dessert, cookie.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011 04:47:20 AM by Crafty Butterfly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011 11:06:26 AM »

Hiyo! I'm Angie, and i'm turning 24 on April 18! I'm unemployed but would love to be able to bake for a living. Or craft. I live in beautiful, rainy Washington state. I've been crafting my whole life. I love cinnamon. I put it in almost everything.
I love Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Parks & Rec, Jeopardy, silent films, black and white films -- i grew up watching Shirley Temple movies while crafting with my aunt and uncle, ridiculous comedies (think Zoolander, ANYTHING with Will Ferrell, anything with Steve Martin, Martin Short, Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, John Candy...), Jane Austen, journals (i'm obsessed).
Favorite themes: German -- if it has something written in German, i will most likely love it; rain/clouds/water; goats; mustaches; bananas (but not really monkeys), 1920s, 1960s/hippie
Favorite colors: purple (violet), yellow, green, teal, grey, chocolate brown
Favorite combos: chocolate brown and blue/teal/turquoise, black and bright/neon colors
Least favorite: pinks (i only like hot pink or fuchsia)

(Things i really want are in purple.)
Crafts:
Handspun yarn -- my favorite colors are listed, but i love water/rain/cloud-inspired yarns (if i see a water name, i fall in love immediately)
Homemade soap (Thanks, icebyrd! I'll keep it up, though. You can't have too much soap, right?)
Lap quilt
Wallet that will fit in a back pocket
Stenciled v-necks (women/juniors medium/large) -- Dr. Horrible, Basil Rathbone/Sherlock Holmes, anything Doctor Who-y
Tote bag (Thank you, Lillianpearl!)
Beach bag
Summer dress
my thoughts create my world ring
Reusable snack bags
Mary-Jane style slippers
Fabric bowls
Produce/market bags
Hand-carved stamps (Thank you, Lillianpearl!)
Stitch markers
Homemade chapstick (i really like peppermint)

I love surprises!
For inspiration, my wist: http://wists.com/girlmeetsfelt
And my etsy favorites: http://www.etsy.com/people/girlmeetsfelt/favorites?ref=pr_faves

Supplies:
Spinning kit (preferably hand-dyed fiber)
Buttons -- homemade would be AWESOME(Thank you, Lillianpearl and icebyrd!)
Yarn in fun colors (Thanks, birthday twin! Going to keep this one up, too.)

Extras:
Local things -- especially if you're not in the US... i don't eat much candy, but i love getting candy/food/anything that i can't buy here
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011 12:23:37 PM by bananaleg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011 04:42:22 PM »

Hey there, I'm Aria, I live in Northern California, and I will be turning 23 on the 4th. I run my own business, doing photography and graphic design, and recently opened an online boutique and a craft blog. On top of all that I am a full-time college student with an Associates degree and finishing up a Bachelors. I love crafting and love to try new crafts. I knit, scrapbook, wood and paper crafts, paint, jewelry, and dabble in home improvement. I also have a dog (massive chihuahua) whom is my child. I love exercise, specifically yoga, pilates and running. I'm addicted to coffee. I love anything eco friendly/recycled. My favorite color is green, I love green paired with chocolate brown or white, or yellow and gray together. I love bumblebees and owls and anything with function. (I dislike knick knacks and things that take up space and gather dust).

Crafts
-Anything for my dog: clothes, toys, blankets etc! (If you need measurements PM me: no treats though)
-camera strap
-scarves (I'm addicted! Winter or summer!) [Claimed by sweety28303, I'll keep it up though because you can never go wrong with too many scarves! Wink]
-ruffle apron
-Yoga mat bag
-handmade stamps
-A MANLY crotchet hook case (I can't sew and I really want one for my bf)
-Handmade buttons
-iPad cover either owl or bumblebee themed
-Newborn cocoon! (knit or crotchet, any neutral color!) [No I'm not expecting this is for a photography prop]
-Any fun photo props! Always looking for unique items!
-Earrings (bold, statement, subtle-anything!) [Thanks so much NotKnit!]
- tea light holders from logs (the ones floating around on pinterest and wist)

Supplies
-knitting needles (the bigger the better!)
-yarn, I've never used handspun so that would be a dream come true!
-learn to crotchet kit?!
-scrapbook embellishments
-buttons
-wooden beads [Thanks so much NotKnit!]
-Alphabet stickers

Extra
-coffee, always love to try local brands from around the country!

NOTE:
I DON'T eat a lot of sugars or chocolate, so no edibles (besides coffee products) please (and my dog is allergic to a bunch of common treat ingredients)! =)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011 05:20:38 PM by Lillianpearl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
puzzler
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011 05:54:00 PM »

Hi!   Happy Birthday to everyone!  I also celebrate my birthday in April.  I live in CT.  I like things that are re-made or recycled: I like green things with purpose.  I prefer anything I get to be useful in some way and you will see that when you look at my wish list.  Colors I like: green, grey, black, white (black and white together), all nature shades and combinations of those colors.  I dislike pink (with passion) and neon colors.
Other things I like: Discworld by Terry Pratchett, Arrested Development, The Office, Wes Anderson movies, hiking, taking pictures, QI, etc.

My wish list:

-something from my wist  http://wists.com/puzzler (if you are not sure about something there- ask me! A  lot of things there are just ideas or starting points, I might not want the exact thing that is there.)
-socks
-face scrub or soap or bathsalts Thank You Troublet!
-stencilled t-shirt (with a tree or old fashioned camera or the word: Bieszczady or something else) Thank You Troublet!
-needle book
-pillow case or two
-slippers made from fabric (look on my wist for a picture)
-handmade journal
-Fabric organizer bucket
-picture frame (I have couple examples on my wist, basically they are wood-inspired frames)

supplies:

-crochet hooks (would love bamboo kind, but metal are also good)
-carving blocks (for stamp making)
-yarn  (please, nothing acrylic.  I like wool or cotton or any natural feeling yarns)
-fabric
-zippers
-Stitch counters

Other:
-Earl Gray or PG tea
-chocolate covered raisins
-Crochet or knitting magazines (something more current than those from the 80s would be great)

Thanks to whoever wants to send me something!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011 03:53:12 PM by puzzler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011 09:36:25 PM »

hello all, this is my first birthday swap! i'll be turning 26 on the 28th, so I'm two years away from my golden birthday. i'm currently studying for my second undergraduate degree in english; my first degree was in education and i spent two years teaching high school before giving it up. My ultimate ambition is to some day write a book, probably about knitting or something. I'm a total bookworm; if i'm not reading for class, i'll still be reading something. i'd love to have useful things, and green (as in recycled) things, and i basically have a love affair with all colors except neons and pastels. i place a high value on quality over quantity and i promise i would never send anything i wouldn't be happy to receive myself. thank you to anyone who decides to claim me!

crafty things:

wisty surprise! (www.wists.com/ladyleitzen)

i'm in desperate need of needle holders, especially for circulars, but also for straights and dpn's claimed by puzzler, thank you!

i love homemade jam. any kind, except prunes!

a homemade journal would rock my world

recipe organizer, right now they're all in a tin.

wash cloths

something with sheep. i love sheepies.

small drop spindle (though this could be handmade, i guess it could also go under supplies)

dotees! i currently have a (small) collection of veggie-themed dotees, i'd love to add to it!

something functional and star-trek themed - hubby's for kirk, i'm for picard

one thing i don't need is reusable bags, i went on a kick last year and made a bunch.

supplies:
lace circulars
canning supplies, especially small lids (to fit 4 and 8 oz jars)
patterns: knitting patterns, clothing patterns (small, size 4-6), crochet patterns
crafting books, cookbooks, old knitting/crochet/yarn/cooking magazines

extras:
soft caramels
eh, surprise me!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011 12:54:13 PM by LadyLeitzen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NotKnit

My best works.

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011 05:15:40 PM »

Hello! My name is Karen and I turned 31 today (April 7)! I work in editing and design (currently for a telecom training company) and am married to a computer programmer. I have a 3-year-old little boy and am 36 weeks pregnant with a little girl. Zoe decided to make an early arrival and share mommy's birth month afterall - born on April 23! I have an elderly miniature dachshund. Most of my crafting is crochet but I've tried or am trying to learn lots of other types. My favorite color is blue and I love all shades. I love all things sparkly, shiny, silver, or super soft. I'm very eclectic in my taste but usually like all things nerdy or sarcastic. I'm a sci-fi nerd (Dr. Who, BSG) and book nerd (Dorsey, Gaiman, Pratchett). I love tiki and Florida tacky, all things Japanese (traditional and kawaii), old-school Scandinavian and Celtic, dachshunds, penguins and cutesy owls.

Crafted Items:
- Monkey t-shirts for my son (size 3T)
- Anything monkey for my son - he's obsessed really
- Onesies or other clothes for daughter on the way (any size really), I don't care for pink but am otherwise open
- I-Spy bag for my son (especially train or monkey themed)
- Anything Dr. Who themed - I love all things Tardis and prefer Christopher Eccleston and Matt Smith as Doctors
- Retro-style apron
- Doggie sleep sack
- Shawl pin/clasp
- Anything inspired by my Wist! www.wists.com/NotKnit Wisty surprise, thank you Troublet
*Note: I'm really petite (5'2" in shoes and a very flat-chested size 2) but I don't like tight things if you pick something wearable

Supplies:
- Any supplies on my Wist
- Whimsies of all sorts (my Wist shows the types of themes I like, especially bits that could be remade into jewelry)
- Old typewriter or printing press parts
- Bamboo or silk yarn
- Unique cookie cutters

Extras:
- Gummi cola (looooove these)
- Anything foreign (non-U.S.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011 08:45:08 AM by NotKnit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Special 1000 Subscribers Video - 52nd Drawing
How to Draw Spider-Pig - 27th Drawing
The special 50th drawing video!
How to Draw Scratchy - 34th Drawing
How to Draw The Devil - 40th Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...