A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you organize your Pinterest?  (Read 4819 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2JC4life
« on: March 30, 2011 10:26:22 AM »

Any suggestions for categories that help with swapping?  Are there certain things you separate, or don't bother separating?  I'm thinking, for instance, that favorite colors and patterns might beneficially be separated from whole objects/projects one likes.  But some of you have been using these for a little while now and/or swapping with them as your reference points.  I'm interested in your "veterans' perspective." Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011 12:59:53 PM »

I don't use Pinterest, but I did spend some time getting my wist tags organised recently. I look at lots of wists/pinterests for Ongoing Wish Swap, and the categories I find most helpful are ones based on skills/craft mediums. e.g. Sewing, Knitting, Crochet, Wall Art, Embroidery, etc. Also a category for Fabrics/colours could be helpful for swapping too. So if I'm wanting to sew, I only have one category to look through for items (maybe another for fabrics/colours) - even though sewn items could include clothing, accessories, bags, homewares, etc.

Does that make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011 01:25:38 PM »

I think so.  You're saying that it would be helpful to you, as a swap partner, to have my "please make this for me" stuff broken down by the skills required to make it, right?  Like, "please sew this for me, "please crochet this for me," etc.  So that you don't waste your time looking at crocheted stuff if you can't crochet.  That makes sense to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011 02:01:07 PM »

Exactly! If you sort it by Bags, Clothing, Accessories, Homewares, etc., I have to look through everything to find all the possible projects that match my skills. Smiley

I tag my wist items with both - e.g. bag + knit, or accessories + sewing, but when I'm searching, it's the "skills" tags that help me out most.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silentblair

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011 05:42:23 PM »

I liked your idea about seperate "skills" sections and applied that to my pinterest.

One thing I wanted to suggest:

"Stuff I have recieved in swaps" Board

One of my swap partners had this on hers and I totally ran with it too since it helped me to not to duplicate anything she had previously recieved.
It also saved a lot of time in looking up her seperate posts for each swap.
Don't get me wrong, I love the stalking process! Sometimes I like things easy too.

Now to figure out how to post stuff I've made for people without previously posting it anywhere online. Right now I don't think I can.   

I have to say, I love Pinterest!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011 05:31:03 PM »

I also like to add boards for a specific swap too. I had a separate board for the Apocalyptic Fashion Swap, because those pins weren't things my partner would find anywhere else. It's a big help if the swap is a tv show or book, to get an idea for the aesthetic your partner is hoping for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011 11:09:58 AM »

Ooh.  Good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012 02:55:46 AM »

This is a brilliant discussion!  I took all of your advice.  I do have one question though:  Does anyone know how to move something if you put it in the wrong place on Pinster? 

Or how to delete a specific thing?  I have only seen "delete board".  I just started my pinster so I will if I have to, but I really don't want to if I can avoid it.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012 03:37:37 AM »

Click on the thing in the wrong spot, and it will have an "Edit Pin" button. Click that and choose the board you want the pin to go on from the drop down menu.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012 01:12:52 AM »

I liked your idea about seperate "skills" sections and applied that to my pinterest.

One thing I wanted to suggest:

"Stuff I have recieved in swaps" Board

One of my swap partners had this on hers and I totally ran with it too since it helped me to not to duplicate anything she had previously recieved.
It also saved a lot of time in looking up her seperate posts for each swap.
Don't get me wrong, I love the stalking process! Sometimes I like things easy too.

Now to figure out how to post stuff I've made for people without previously posting it anywhere online. Right now I don't think I can.   

I have to say, I love Pinterest!!!

I have a board like that I call it "Swap Swag" I also have a "Stuff I made" board. As for the pin picutres you havnt put anywhere else online you can upload your own pictures. Just click the "add" button and the top of the screen then "upload a pin"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Food Lovers Gourmet City, Bangalore
How to Cook a Healthy Beef-Broccoli Stir-Fry
Light Szechuan Pork Stir Fry Recipe
How to Stir-Fry Meat and Vegetables Asian-Style
How to Make Hot, Crispy Chicken Wings with Peppers
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...