A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sewing clothes kids love - HELP!  (Read 1198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Padester
« on: March 30, 2011 08:58:45 AM »

Hi!

I got the book Sewing Clothes Kids Love: Sewing Patterns and Instructions for Boys' and Girls' Outfits by Nancy Langdon and Sabine Pollehn for Christmas, and found some cute things I would love to make for my dd.  HOWEVER, when I finally opened the patterns up last night, I found them difficult to figure out.  Has anyone here made anything from this book and have any tips for me?? I owuld really appreciate any advice!!

Thanks!!

Patty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Padester
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011 06:00:50 PM »

Well, I figured out some of it - made the shrug, and it fits nicely!  But the measurements for the hoodie/t-shirt seem off - the same measurements I used for a 7-8 for the shrug are called for to mae a size 18 months for the other. 

Has ANYONE used this book and can give me some help??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brandybollen
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011 07:35:41 PM »

Try posting in the "Sewing for Kids: Discussion and Questions" forum. 
I know I have seen this book mentioned many times around the blogosphere, but haven't used it myself sorry. Maybe someone in the above mentioned forum can help.
Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM and Proud Navy Wife.
Doing the best I can!
Padester
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011 08:52:39 AM »

Okay - so I am re-posting this here - hadn't seen this board, and posted on the completed projects page with no luck . . .

I got the book Sewing Clothes Kids Love: Sewing Patterns and Instructions for Boys' and Girls' Outfits by Nancy Langdon and Sabine Pollehn for Christmas, and found some cute things I would love to make for my dd.  HOWEVER, when I finally opened the patterns up last night, I found them difficult to figure out.  Has anyone here made anything from this book and have any tips for me?? I would really appreciate any advice!!

Thanks!!

Patty

___
Well, I figured out some of it - made the shrug, and it fits nicely!  But the measurements for the hoodie/t-shirt seem off - the same measurements I used for a 7-8 for the shrug are called for to mae a size 18 months for the other. 

Has ANYONE used this book and can give me some help??

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Padester
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011 08:53:48 AM »

Thanks - somehow when I looked at the list of forums I didn't see the one specifically for questions about sewing for kids - just the general sewing one, and I didn't think I'd have much luck with that. 

I reposted - wish me luck! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ljelondon
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011 12:56:02 AM »

I have the book, and even have (most of) the fabric to make the hoodie/top, but I haven't started on it yet.
I'll see if I can at least get as far as tracing out the pattern pieces this week and then either I'll be able to help or we can be confused together...  Cheesy

I've seen several people on here who've made the trousers, but not the top so far...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011 12:57:06 AM by ljelondon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ljelondon
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011 02:43:51 PM »

Aha! I have found that there is a whole discussion board dedicated to getting help on Farbenmix patterns (which all the patterns in the book are). So someone there can almost certainly help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011 05:06:35 PM »

Aha! I have found that there is a whole discussion board dedicated to getting help on Farbenmix patterns (which all the patterns in the book are). So someone there can almost certainly help.

I saw that, too, but it seems to be little-used, and nothing recently.  I just tried to register, so if/when my account gets approved, I will see if I can post a question and get any answers!  I'll let you know!

BTW - made the Silver Lake jacket for my dd and it came out really well!  I have material cut out for another jacket for her, but as my kitchen is currently being renovated and my sewing room is off the kitchen, I will not be working on it for a bit.  If I can ever find my digital camera, I will post pics of at least the first one!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...