A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Roller Derby Swap Round 3 Gallery (Sendout 4/8)  (Read 4409 times)
Tags for this thread: roller_derby  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011 09:41:25 PM »

My partner hasn't been able to post pictures yet...so I'll post mine for her.

I sent ckchan 2 scrimmage shirts with her name and number, 3 panties, and a knit jammer hat.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

spazgirl1981

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011 07:12:01 AM »

As I said I received from Meggers and it literally made me squee I was so excited.

The first thing I pulled out of the box were these amazing paintings. One is a roller girl in action and the other has my derby name on it. I love them so much.

The next piece I pulled from the box was am amazing mouthguard case. I love the little bomb. Smiley

Then I found a little bag that had an awesome Ohio Roller Girls Shriny Dink Necklace and matching shrinky dink skate earrings. Also in there were two painted bearing necklaces.

She also included a hot pack in a fantastic Day of the Dead fabric.

And last but not least she sent me some derby buttons, as well as some for her team the Dupage Derby Dames. I had a really hard time getting good pics though, so I hope you can get the idea.

Thank you so much Meg. I love it all and it will get much use. Especially since my first wannabe clinic is on Tuesday. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meggers
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011 11:33:26 AM »

I'm so glad to hear you like everything!
I had SO much fun making everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elektrafying
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011 08:18:35 PM »

OMG OMG OMG!! So after four failed attempts at picking up my package - I was finally able to today! At first I thought "wow, that box is huge!"

my mind was racing as to what it could possibly be. I took it home and furiously sliced open the tape and unboxed...a masterpiece!

First up was a bitching mouth guard with a sculpey figurine of the girl from logo of my local derby league, the Rideau Valley Roller Girls. It's also got an amazing rhinestoned skull, which I squeed over.

Also included was a really excellent embroidery hoop with a Charlie Sheen reference to "Winning". What she had no idea (and managed to pull out my head due to her semi-clairvoyance) is that I say "Winning" all the time! Most excellent!

But the piece de resistance is the container the mouth guard and hoop were in - a hand painted, completely customized VINTAGE luggage bag! I was freaking out the entire time, but totally lost my shit when I saw this.

She browsed my wists and was inspired by an Audrey image I had wisted, and of course had her naturally holding a pair of quads. She also browsed my past swap and saw that I had done a RHPS themed swap, so she used a similar font to write my derby name in. AMAZING!

Thank you SO MUCH, Zidisha - I completely love everything and was totally blown away. You put so much work into this, and I really, really appreciate it. Thank you so much for spending the time and effort. AMAZING.

I'll get better pictures later, I just wanted to check in and express my sincere thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spazgirl1981

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011 08:59:11 PM »

Wow... that case is amazing.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011 10:12:11 PM »

Ugh! Sorry you had all of that post office drama! Sad I figure they wouldn't leave it because the box was so big. But I'm glad you were able to get it and so, so psyched to hear that you love everything!

It's totally a good thing that case had your name; I wanted it bad. Wink And how funny about the Charlie Sheen thing! Awesome! Cheesy Really, the things he says...though insane, are peppered with wisdom and insight, I say.

You are oh so welcome; it was all tons of fun to work on!!

Oh, and by the way - for anyone interested in the cross stitch, I got the pattern from katiekutthroat.etsy.com; she's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meggers
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011 12:32:28 AM »

Um.. that case is amazing! Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShannonMB

I aim to misbehave!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011 03:29:24 PM »

My partner hasn't been able to post pictures so I'm gonna post a few of the stuff I sent....

A tiny duffle bag.  I really thought it would be bigger when I cut it all out!  *L*

lined it with power puff girls   Grin

I made a couple shirts

with the team logo on the front

and I made a skirt that I had to wrestle away from my 16 year old daughter.  *L*

I sent other random stuff...water bottle, snacky protein food like nuts and jerky.

I had a really good time putting it all together.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I run with scissors.....it makes me feel DANGEROUS!!
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011 05:44:21 PM »

That's a very fun skirt!!  I love the colors. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011 09:43:27 AM »

Okay! It's taken me a week, but I finally got some time to upload photos (terrible ones, sorry) of the awesome stuff that Hebe sent to me.

First up - merch!

Woohoo!!

Next up - awesome armwarmers

WITH my number on them - no Texta tattoos for me! (who am I kidding. I love my texta tattoos). Still - I've just put my kit to soak in a bucket of hot water and vinegar because it bloody STINKS, so anything that will provide an extra barrier for sweat is much appreciated.

Then... a robot singlet

I can't wait to bust this one out at training soon. Or maybe just in my everyday life. This robot is that cool!

Finally..... new hotpants!

These shorts have been my DEAREST wish for a very very long time. My team's colours are black and gold, and ever since I donned the gold hotpants, I've wanted a pair that said 'Bite my shiny metal ass'. Because everyone loves a geek reference Wink I couldn't wait to wear these, so they'be been through one hard training session already, and I'm truly considering wearing them at our bout next week. I think I will. <3<3<3!!

Has anyone, perchance, watched the DNN  boutcast that was on tonight (about 7 hours ago) of my league vs Sun State? They are our biggest, toughest competition in Australia, and we won! It was a fantastic game!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Found Book Trailer by Margaret Peterson Haddix
A Courtesan’s Scandal Book Trailer by Julia London
Philippa Gregory Reads from Her Book the Red Queen
Author Regan Hofmann on Her Greatest Achievement
Novelist Lynda La Plante Introduces the Red Dahlia
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...