A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tent-like t-shirts to wearable tops  (Read 5434 times)
Tags for this thread: tshirt , recon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheDaytimeHeroes
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011 10:35:23 AM »

These turned out excellent!
I love doing this with oversized shirts. I'm currently contemplating doing this with a Disturbed shirt I bought at a concert...the men's small they had there fits like an XL on me but its such a neat-lookin' shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This message will self-destruct.

Originals, prints and feather paintings!
My Etsy shop--> http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheDaytimeHeroes?ref=si_shop
Deviantart --> http://kodriak.deviantart.com/

~<3
Azura
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011 11:14:45 AM »

These turned out excellent!
I love doing this with oversized shirts. I'm currently contemplating doing this with a Disturbed shirt I bought at a concert...the men's small they had there fits like an XL on me but its such a neat-lookin' shirt.

To be honest, reconstructing concert t-shirts was the reason I started sewing. It's very frustrating when you can only find men sizes, and when there are girlie t-shirts, they're usually more expensive and they only have one or two designs... *grumble, grumble*

Good thing we're crafty ladies Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011 02:40:13 PM »

Those are all so cute!  They came out really really well.  I might try my hand at making those now... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a whole bunch of fliers advertising a series of concerts (but all the fliers are the same), does anyone want them?
lidehtium
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011 07:50:33 PM »

Fantastic job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arcadian green
I wants flies in on dragons!

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011 08:12:52 AM »

To be honest, reconstructing concert t-shirts was the reason I started sewing. It's very frustrating when you can only find men sizes, and when there are girlie t-shirts, they're usually more expensive and they only have one or two designs... *grumble, grumble*

Good thing we're crafty ladies Grin

This is pretty much why I bought a sewing machine a few years ago! I started reconstructing my concert t-shirts because the only designs I liked were in the Men's shirts. I hate to admit it but I have about 4 shirts sitting in pieces waiting on me to finish them.

I love The Goonies shirt! I have a XL raglan style Goonies shirt hanging in my closet waiting for me to do something exciting with it. After seeing yours I feel more motivated to finish my shirts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Azura
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011 11:08:27 AM »

This is pretty much why I bought a sewing machine a few years ago! I started reconstructing my concert t-shirts because the only designs I liked were in the Men's shirts. I hate to admit it but I have about 4 shirts sitting in pieces waiting on me to finish them.

I have 2 t-shirts waiting to be finished and one I haven't even started... so don't feel bad hahaha

Also, as an update, the lovely VinegarEel very nicely asked me about the hem in the Heavy Corner t-shirt, so I thought I might as well post about it here in case anyone else wanted to know *crickets*

Um, here we go! I did the simplest thing I thought of, to be honest, and any real seamstresses out there will probably be horrfied. But if you are not fussy about dodgy "seemed like a good idea at the time" methods, this looks nice: I did a very simple hem around the top of the t-shirt, and then sewed the lace trim on top of it. Click on the picture to see how I botched the hems it up close.

The trick is finding a good elastic lace trim that's easy to work with, and avoiding ruffles as if your life depended on it. I found the best way was to baste the trim before sewing it (this might be the first time I have ever actually basted something, much to my mum's dismay), cutting it and re-sewing it at an angle when you reach corners (this is much less forgiving than bias tape), and make sure you're not stretching the lace or the t-shirt fabric when you sew it together. All in all, proceed cautiously and it's a breeze, rush it or be sloppy and be prepared to suffer consecuences >.<

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mashy

www.tashymakes.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011 02:59:59 PM »

Loving these!!!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blondgirll
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011 06:50:59 PM »

great job. im def gonna try these out of some of the shirts that i took from my brothers closet
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheIronyMaiden

"Oh but for chips and for freedom I could die"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011 02:40:06 AM »

Definitely have to try this. I'm quite small myself, and gosh, do I know about male-size tyranny ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pinklightning06
Pinklightning!

I am a sugar spun electro storm ♥

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011 06:11:16 AM »

These look storebought! Haha. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pinklightning
http://www.pinklightning.me/

Project 365 Awesome - Day 105: Stars&Dinosaurs&AsianBrides&NEW GOALS
Do I have what it takes to be a successful fashion designer? Well I'm giving myself 365 days to find out...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Lydia Bright TOWIE Makeup
Must-Do Makeup Secrets For Mature Skin
How to Do Your Makeup on the Train
How to Do Your Makeup While Jogging
Quick Spring Beauty Tricks
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...