A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Purse custom made for my sister  (Read 685 times)
Tags for this thread: purse , black , teal , purple , lavender , custom_made , green  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cranberrry2001
« on: March 27, 2011 03:41:03 PM »

My sister is not high maintenance as far as bringing everything but the kitchen sink with her in her purse, truth be told I'm not sure I've seen her carry a purse before Smiley

I mentioned to her at some point that I have a lot of fabric, she asked that I send her pictures of what I had. I laid out all my fabric on our living room floor and sent pictures of the blanketed area of fabric to her in pieces (at the time we were living states away) she picked out pieces for the body of the purse and then thought it'd be cool to have the strap of the purse knit. Out came balls of yarn and more pictures sent (yay for email Smiley). She decided on the dimensions and while I wrote everything down, the project sat... and many moons later and her coming to live with us to motivate me to get it done (haha Smiley) here is the purse! We made several alterations as the project unfolded - I added padding and quilted each of the panels using the black portions of the fabric as guidelines. She wanted a pocket that would hold her credit card/drivers license only and I had to make sure to add the pocket before doing the quilting. Some of the quilted lines were done by hand using the back stitch so as not to sew the pocket to the wall and when the lines came close to magnetic clasp... um I had to be sure NOT to sew there :S. (happened once, never again -that was scary! lol Smiley)
To finish, I hand stitched the very top edges with black cotton yarn and added the knitted acrylic/cotton strap - voila! Smiley

My sister is posing with it in the last picture - we've already done a test run to see if her credit card fit in the pocket AND it DOES  Cheesy - so we're pretty happy with it Smiley hope you like it too!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011 03:54:06 PM by cranberrry2001 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Scrapbook Kit and Nightlight Shade For New Moms
How to Sew a Cashmere Hot Water Bottle Cover
Create a Recycling Bin for Newspapers
Holiday Garland Decorations 101
How to Make a Christmas-Tree Table Topper
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...