A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,530
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make me Into a Dotee swap  (Read 1929 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2011 06:58:35 PM »

You would get three partners.

Part of the questionnaire would have the form below that you would fill out to create your character. Each partner  then constructs a dotee based on your character design. It would be fun to see how your partners envision your character!

The form:

Brief bio-at least five sentences describing your character

Eye color

Hair color

Fave colors

Hobbies

Dislikes

Any other pertinent information

I can't organize though  Undecided
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011 12:30:15 PM by DizzerSpinninRound » THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011 01:26:26 PM »

Love the idea! It would be cool to see how three people use the same criteria.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011 06:35:46 PM »

Exactly! we just need an organizer Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011 07:16:07 PM »

Ive never organized before-kinda scary!!

Whoooooo wants to organize a potentially amazing awesome swap?Huh We know you are out there...

Haha! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gigglygirl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gigglygirl/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011 08:36:02 PM »

I'd sign up. I loved the last dotee character swap. I will have to expand my palate of dotee faces though! Right now all I've got is sideways looking girl, sleepy girl and squinty-eyed smiley girl. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011 09:01:11 PM »

My arm is twisted - I'll do it.

But a few questions first:

Do you want a regular dotee swap before this one?
Do you mean we say - Blue eyes, tall, dark and handsome and then our three partners create something out of just those few words?
And this is less specific than the Character dotee swap we're all involved in now? We don't say "Lord of the Rings" characters, we just say 3 or 4 adjectives?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in mid September
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011 11:01:05 PM »

My arm is twisted - I'll do it.

But a few questions first:

Do you want a regular dotee swap before this one?
Do you mean we say - Blue eyes, tall, dark and handsome and then our three partners create something out of just those few words?
And this is less specific than the Character dotee swap we're all involved in now? We don't say "Lord of the Rings" characters, we just say 3 or 4 adjectives?

YAY!!!! Ahhh, dotees are something a tired mommy like me can do:D Seems like the only craft I can actually keep up with now.

My idea was something like this:

(I'm using my harry potter character because it's something I already have filled out and I'm about to go to bed, but the form layout for this might prove useful for others to create their character)

Full Name: Zeaundrae (zee-ahn-dr-ah) Liliam Baker
Sex: female
Alignment ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons) ): chaotic good
Linage (pureblood, half-blood, muggle born): Half-Blood(muggle Mutti, Wizard Vatti)
Nationality: German
Zodiac: Schtze

Appearance: 4'9", 106 lbs (average), Short black hair usually done in a 20s or 30s wavy, curvy  hairstyle reference: http://www.moviemaidens.com/photos/full/2-1020-c2_1.jpg
Dressing style (traditional, muggle, alternative...): inspired greatly by the Victorian and Edwardian era
Other (birthmark, tattoos, weird shape of the nose): birthmark in the shape of a phoenix head in middle of back; piercings-ear lobes, inner ears, navel top and bottom, antibrow under left eye, nose on right nostril-all are teeny swarovski or diamond piercings except for ear lobe, she likes to wear a variety of different earrings there

Personality in 3-4 lines (the more you add, the more your partner will know what to send):
I am looking forward to finally being done with my schooling. I have been training to become a Magizoologist so when I graduate I can have a job doing that, but secretly, I have always dreamed of becoming a HIT Witch. I am calm and reserved in class, some think I'm an introvert, but really, I just don't like to talk much. I focus on my studies as much as I can and have always gotten good marks in MOST of my subjects. I enjoy being outdoors, in the beauty of all that was created around us. I love just flying above the clouds, I sometimes wake up a couple of hours early just to watch the sunrise over the mountains on my broom. I love spending time with my friends and fiance, playing games of all sorts. I think the only time I'm really loud is at one of my fiance's wrock concerts!

Likes: owls, trees, nature, tea (decaf), smoothies, spending time with friends, outdoor activities,writing, drawing, knitting, sewing
Dislikes:spiders, snakes, bugs in general, gossip, being indoors too long
Strong point in magic: herbology, Transfiguration, apparation, flying
Weak points: Arithmancy,
Special skill: I'm very empathetic, with both humans and animals. i think that's why i decided to go with Magizoologist as my profession (even though a HIT Wizard would be awesome!) Other than that, I have been told I am one hell of a seeker:D
Favorite colour: purple, lilac, pale yellow
Least favorite colour: black

Wand: 12" rosewood with hair from a unicorn's tail, has beautiful carvings on it

What school does/did s/he attend/ed?
year one-four: Beauxbatons; year five: Salem; year six-seven: Hogwarts. My parents moved around a lot because my mother has a photography job and my father has been a reporter for various wizarding magazines over the years.
If Hogwarts, what house? Hufflepuff
What was his/her favorite class? Care of Magical Creatures,Herbology
What was his/her least favorite class?Divination,Arithmancy

Matrimonial status? engaged to Jaegar Irmin Bartul (Howarts Alumi, Gryffindor) who is 20 and currently in two wrock band called The Wizards That Came to Rock and Abbracadabrock
Does your character have children? What age? no
Does your character own pets (magical or not)? an owl named Hornbill that I've had since I started school and my sweet Astrid, a miniature dachshund pup I adopted this past summer
Does your character have any interest in Quidditch? yes! played as seeker for five years!

Hobbies: sewing, knitting, quidditch, reading (anything unrelated to my potions class!)

I think the more detailed we are about the character we want our partners to make a dotee of, the better. That way, each partner has enough details to get to know the character before they make their version. If someone wanted to use themself as their character, they could do that, in fact it might be easier for some.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011 11:08:13 PM by DizzerSpinninRound » THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011 11:05:41 AM »

Thats what I was thinking, just using myself and seeing what people come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011 11:09:38 AM »

Thats what I was thinking, just using myself and seeing what people come up with!

That would be so much fun! I might end up doing that:D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011 11:40:28 AM »

I don't think I'm as deep into that kind of character study. I was hoping for something lighter?
So maybe this isn't the swap for me....If it's just a few adjectives, I can do it. But your description seems more suited for a larger doll - maybe another type of swap?

Just my two cents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in mid September
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
See Makeup Pro Kandee Johnson Transform Into Taylor Swift
Pick Up This Purse Essential on Your Next Grocery Trip
The Best Beauty Products for Summer Chosen by Essence
High School-Appropriate Makeup Tutorial
The Look: A Fresh Faced Modern Bride
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...