A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 303,178
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: baby/girl dresses  (Read 722 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Happiness by Hand

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2011 11:35:29 AM »

I started making crochet baby dresses while working on the set of The Bounty Hunter. Don't recommend the movie by the way, but we did alot of shooting in the heat by the water and it made me think of baby dresses..not sure why since I just had a baby boy but.. whateva! This first one I liken to a yacht club baby dress...not sure why, maybe all the white in it. Made some granny squares, connected them and crocheted down from one side, switched to the secondary color for half the rows and then back to the original, made the straps and voila.

This is my favorite baby girl dress that I made, since I made up the straps..I'm sure someone out there somewhere has done it before, great minds and all that but I pulled it outta my...head when I did it. Just made a circle using the same technique as the edging on the dress and kept making one after the other keeping them connected. With most all of my baby dresses (SO EASY btw) I usually just crochet a rectangle for the top and then connect it and pick up stitches on one side and crochet in the round down for the body of the dress adding stitches as I go. Easy peasy, use any crochet technique to do it and then again pick up stiches at the top for the straps. No fear people, just do it, figure it out as you go, I did and look where it got me. No need to get fancy, simple is usually better looking anyways. I wish I had my other pics, I also made matching hats for most of my baby dresses, crochet a small baby hat then add a summery brim by crocheting twice into each stitch for a wavy effect. Cuttest little things ever, make GREAT gifts.

We should all fear evil men, but what we should fear most, is the indifference of good men. On a lighter note..have you smiled today? If you have not, Just DO IT! If you have..do it again!

Get 'em while they're young

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011 12:33:41 PM »

I love the yellow one!  It's so summery and fun, especially the border.  We still have snow on the ground (heck, it snowed yesterday!) so it's affirming to see that bright yellow and think, "yeah, summer will get here... eventually."

*  *  *  *  Swaps  *  *  *  *  Granny's Daughters Round 8 and a Half (time to buy more yarn)  *  *  *  *

My best works.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011 07:34:18 AM »

So I really dislike yellow as a color but I love the yellow dress you made, very nice Smiley

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Arbiter From Halo
How to Draw Peanut from the Jeff Dunham Show
How to Draw Android 18 from DragonballZ
How to Draw Suigetsu from Naruto
How to Draw Bobby from King of the Hill
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...