A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Furry ladybug purse  (Read 1154 times)
Tags for this thread: ladybug , purse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Azura
« on: March 26, 2011 08:21:31 AM »

As many others, I've been lurking around craftster for a while and decided it was time to start participating Smiley So I proudly present my first bag!

I used Lisa Lam's Reversible Bucket Bag pattern (which she generously posted online for free here). I changed the pattern a little bit, by adding a zipper closure (a bag that only has a button as closure is an invitation to pickpockets in my city!) and some inner pockets, as well as a key hook. Although I've been sewing for almost a year, this is the first time I've attempted to make a bag, and it was surprisingly easy! So it's definitely a good pattern for beginners.

Although the pattern is for a reversible bag, I never planned mine to be reversible... would have been a bit harder with the zipper Tongue

The inside, with a couple of pockets and the hook Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftycakelady
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011 08:29:05 AM »

Really cute!  Love the fabrics you chose.

I prefer a zip closure too but have yet to figure out how to add one, it's on my list though.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011 09:35:34 AM »

Welcome to Craftsters! Smiley You did a great job, for never made a purse before. Yes you are right about the pick pockets. But I still like the magnetic closure, as I haven't yet put one of those zipper in. Was it hard to do? What kind of fabric did you use, I really like it, both inside & out.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
Azura
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011 09:50:19 AM »

Thanks to both of you! Smiley

The zip closure was a lot easier than I thought it would be... I just decided how long I wanted the flaps to be, sewed them to the zipper, and then attached them to the lining, it was a breeze! the trickiest part was sewing next to the zipper, but with the zipper foot on my machine and some patience I managed with only a couple of minor accidents Tongue The rest was just a matter of making sure both sides were aligned evenly Cheesy If you have never tried it, let me assure you, it's much easier than it looks! and I think it makes for a nice finish, so I encourage you to try it some time Smiley

The fabric I used on the outside is some red faux fur with black dots, the fur is not very long, so it won't get messy so easily, and the lining is just a cotton print. I used some pretty solid iron-on interfacing on both fabrics to give the bag a bit of body and also to stop little red and black fur flying everywhere as I sewed Cheesy the edges and the handles are good old bias tape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What is the Aspect Ratio setting on a Digital Cam?
In choosing a Digital Camera do Megapixels matter?
High Resolution Photography Part 3
How to Use a Tripod
High Resolution Photography Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...