A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire/ George R. R. Martin Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 4603 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011 06:50:04 PM »

hmmm - well, it seems that my husband deleted all the pictures off the camera, probably in an effort to be 'helpful'. Unfortunately, there went the pictures of the things I sent to Oxynitrate (figures!). So, in her package was: a white crocheted shawl; two shawl pins - one in a series of figure eights, the other horseshoe shaped. both were made of galvanized steel - the latter had a brass wire twisted around it with small beads to make it look like flowers. (Oxynitrate said that she loved the house of Highgarden, so I based most of the crafts on that.) I painted a Tudor style rose on a glass mug; gave some tea with rosehips in it (I can't remember the type, sorry!); and some soaps. I think that was about it. I really am sorry I don't have pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011 07:34:00 AM »

That all sounds really amazing. I'm hoping we get to see some pictures of all of that soon. I've never been able to crochet anything as large as a shawl.

Also, Don't forget to send me a message letting me know that you have received your package when you get it, and please show off all you loot with some pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
FinRaziel
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011 07:48:53 AM »

That all sounds really amazing. I'm hoping we get to see some pictures of all of that soon. I've never been able to crochet anything as large as a shawl.

Also, Don't forget to send me a message letting me know that you have received your package when you get it, and please show off all you loot with some pics.

eek! ill get pics up tonight, sorry everyone! i have been so bad at posting pics lately... Undecided my computer at home is running all wacky and slow and i hate using it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
FinRaziel
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011 06:20:33 AM »

im sorry im so late posting!!! i took pics and emailed them to myself last night, so i can post them at work on a much less infuriating computer....

paleangellex sent me the most amazing embriodery hoop which is now on the wall in my living room, it is based off of this http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Heraldry/Entry/Ser_Duncan_the_Tall/
look!

and a closeup of the amazing detail:

and then she sent me a kraken plushie:

his legs are so cool!

i love everything, thank you again paleangellex Smiley this was really a fun swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011 08:08:37 AM »

omg that plushie is the bomb! it both scares me and makes me sqeeeeee   lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

Myrdda

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011 11:13:52 AM »

just received today from Oxynitrate - I was thrilled, even more so that it was delivered to my house, not just a tag from where the postie pretends to try to deliver, but really just leaves it at the nearest office for me to go get. Where was I? right! pictures!  I got a lovely suede covered notebook, reminiscent of the black brothers:

a sweet little box with an ominous warning on the outside

but a treasure within!

a shadowbox clock

some bath bombs that hearken unto the Tyrells

and an extra of two keychains for me and the husband!

wow hearthstones, but they almost have a rose like effect

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011 11:58:13 AM »

That's an awesome notebook, and I like the chain necklace too.

I'm glad you liked everything FinRaziel. Just so everyone else knows, the embroidery is  supposed to be the crest that Brienne has painted on her shield. I knew that's what I had wanted to do but the book doesn't give a very clear description, so after some digging I found out that she is a descended of Ser Duncan the Tall, and that was his crest. It also glows in the dark  Wink

Business note: I'll be taking care of feedback this weekend, it will be done by Monday at the latest as that's the two week point from send outs. I've heard from everyone, but don't forget to put up pictures if you haven't.
*Feedback Given!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011 07:14:43 AM by PaleAngelLex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Myrdda

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011 04:03:21 PM »

are there any more pictures forthcoming? i keep checking this post to see what else everyone else received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011 07:13:04 AM »

It would be nice if there were. I know thedish is still working on her stuff, so when that's done, maybe pictures?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
AlmostDawn
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011 04:04:42 PM »

I have a couple of pics of the things I sent thedish! (I hope you're feeling better partner! <3)

She wanted things on the useful side which took me a second to figure out as I tend to be a mostly decorative sort of girl.

Luckily there was a hoopla wall! So I stitched up a pair of hoops.

The hoops are on top of a shawl/scarf/shoulder wrap that I made. Yarn and I have some issues. But my DH made the joke one night when I was stitching on the hoop "Winter is Coming....Bundle Up". It made me laugh and I couldn't resist making some sort of bundly item. My camera ate the other picture I took of it. It really is time to buy a new camera.

And lastly...

Dragon Eye Box. Before this piece I had really only played around with clay and tried to make little food things. I'm rather proud of how it came out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewallegorical. com

Stalking me?: http://pinterest.com/allegorical/

50 in 2011: 14/50
Sketchbook Project 2012: Untitled
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Volume Browser in Lightroom 2
Working Efficiently with Presets in Lightroom 2
Local Correction in Adobe Lightroom
How to Extend Depth of Field in CS4
How to Crop in Photoshop CS4
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...