A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
350 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweet Little Dress (Leila & Ben pattern)  (Read 4955 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fochaux
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011 07:05:41 AM »

Smiley  i have twin 13month old girls and another baby girl on the way in october.  nesting has totally kicked in cause I am all like "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH  I have such-and-such fabric I can use for that!!!!"

bonus is that my craft "room" (foyer) big projects (furniture) is being worked on today so soon I will have a space to make this crafty goodness Cheesy

I love your fabric choices!  Do you think the 12m size would work as a tunic on my girls?  they are in 18mo sizes (one for just length, one for weight and length)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Since my girls actually nap (knock on wood), I am going to start trying to work off my negative feedback.  Life got hectic with their early arrival.  I apologize for the inconveniences my flaking caused.
Kimbabwe
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011 06:24:27 PM »

Sweet Little Dress #5 is now in the works... will post a photo when it's complete!

@fochaux: my 21-month old is concurrently wearing 3 different sizes of this dress right now. The 3T fits like a long dress, the 2T fits like a short dress, and the 12M fits like a tunic/shirt. I think it'll be a while before she grows out of even the smallest size. Bonus for the 12M size is that I was able to use 2 fat quarters that I had lying around for the body, and a 3rd for the sleeves. Fat quarters make great contrasting sleeves, if, like me, you have a whole bunch of them just waiting for a project where you can use a smaller block of fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbabwe
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011 07:02:14 AM »

Here's Sweet Little Dress #5!

Fabric is "Tufted Tweets" by Robert Kaufman.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fochaux
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011 12:43:11 PM »

I tried one in the 3-6 month size today...messed up the sleeves but given that i did it in an hour with two little ones fascinated with the foot pedal, it did not turn out horrifically Smiley  i'm going to make two in a 2T over the next couple of days so I can have them nicely modeled by my "models"
/"assistants"

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2662064&l=c50ae919b3&id=1188680239

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Since my girls actually nap (knock on wood), I am going to start trying to work off my negative feedback.  Life got hectic with their early arrival.  I apologize for the inconveniences my flaking caused.
Green Gypsy
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011 08:40:24 AM »

I love how pattern styles like this are so practical and last for years, especially the ones you can whip up in maybe an hour. Too cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbabwe
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011 01:17:57 PM »

Ohhhh yes, it's another one:

I think this is #7? Honestly, this is my favorite pattern ever. Just as good for the sandbox as it is for a party.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fochaux
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011 05:49:32 PM »

Ohhhh yes, it's another one:

I think this is #7? Honestly, this is my favorite pattern ever. Just as good for the sandbox as it is for a party.

agreed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011 05:08:59 AM »

Wow, I love this last one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carmenmarie
I like getting crafty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011 05:51:25 PM »

Love the fabric on the first one.  I think this style of dress is great. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftyjnet

I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012 05:58:34 PM »

My 8-year-old daughter wears this same pattern as a nightgown.  She loves how "free" you feel in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Organize Your Makeup
My Top 3 Websites for Chic, Cheap Accessories
How To Create A Smokey Eye
How to Get a Shimmery Bronze Makeup Look
6 Must-Know Makeup Trends and Tips For Spring
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...