A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,460
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweet Little Dress (Leila & Ben pattern)  (Read 5008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fochaux
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011 07:05:41 AM »

Smiley  i have twin 13month old girls and another baby girl on the way in october.  nesting has totally kicked in cause I am all like "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH  I have such-and-such fabric I can use for that!!!!"

bonus is that my craft "room" (foyer) big projects (furniture) is being worked on today so soon I will have a space to make this crafty goodness Cheesy

I love your fabric choices!  Do you think the 12m size would work as a tunic on my girls?  they are in 18mo sizes (one for just length, one for weight and length)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Since my girls actually nap (knock on wood), I am going to start trying to work off my negative feedback.  Life got hectic with their early arrival.  I apologize for the inconveniences my flaking caused.
Kimbabwe
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011 06:24:27 PM »

Sweet Little Dress #5 is now in the works... will post a photo when it's complete!

@fochaux: my 21-month old is concurrently wearing 3 different sizes of this dress right now. The 3T fits like a long dress, the 2T fits like a short dress, and the 12M fits like a tunic/shirt. I think it'll be a while before she grows out of even the smallest size. Bonus for the 12M size is that I was able to use 2 fat quarters that I had lying around for the body, and a 3rd for the sleeves. Fat quarters make great contrasting sleeves, if, like me, you have a whole bunch of them just waiting for a project where you can use a smaller block of fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbabwe
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011 07:02:14 AM »

Here's Sweet Little Dress #5!

Fabric is "Tufted Tweets" by Robert Kaufman.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fochaux
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011 12:43:11 PM »

I tried one in the 3-6 month size today...messed up the sleeves but given that i did it in an hour with two little ones fascinated with the foot pedal, it did not turn out horrifically Smiley  i'm going to make two in a 2T over the next couple of days so I can have them nicely modeled by my "models"
/"assistants"

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2662064&l=c50ae919b3&id=1188680239

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Since my girls actually nap (knock on wood), I am going to start trying to work off my negative feedback.  Life got hectic with their early arrival.  I apologize for the inconveniences my flaking caused.
Green Gypsy
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011 08:40:24 AM »

I love how pattern styles like this are so practical and last for years, especially the ones you can whip up in maybe an hour. Too cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbabwe
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011 01:17:57 PM »

Ohhhh yes, it's another one:

I think this is #7? Honestly, this is my favorite pattern ever. Just as good for the sandbox as it is for a party.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fochaux
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011 05:49:32 PM »

Ohhhh yes, it's another one:

I think this is #7? Honestly, this is my favorite pattern ever. Just as good for the sandbox as it is for a party.

agreed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011 05:08:59 AM »

Wow, I love this last one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carmenmarie
I like getting crafty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011 05:51:25 PM »

Love the fabric on the first one.  I think this style of dress is great. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftyjnet

I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012 05:58:34 PM »

My 8-year-old daughter wears this same pattern as a nightgown.  She loves how "free" you feel in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
George Melloan Talks About The Great Money Binge
Paige Toon Talks About Chasing Daisy
Laurie Abraham Talks About The Husbands and Wives Club
Andrew Clements Talks About We the Children
Regan Hoffman Talks About I Have Something to Tell You
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...