A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,780
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cowl Crazy ... More than one to check out!! First crochet post  (Read 720 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Happiness by Hand

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2011 10:07:21 AM »

Okay..my name is Sally, I just started posting the other night, put up some of my knitted hats and a toy box/bench thing I made and now I'm going to share my fav crochetworks.. All VERY simple.

When I made these last summer, I was thinking to myself I'd make some winter wear and started with gusto, then quickly fizzled after making these and now they're all sitting in a cute box in a big crate full of other adorable things I made that will probably stay there for a while. I am the first to admit I get really lazy if I'm not challenged. Since I think they're cute and maybe someone else can get inspired by them why not share here?!

This is one of my favorites, I think I used double or tripple crochet, with a small amount of yarn I found at goodwill..just used it until it was gone. Attached some cute extra large buttons I found at a fabric store and also attached little hooks (like the ones on a bra) on the underside of one edge so the buttons, although useable, are more for show. Here's the best part, it can double as a belt!

This one I have mixed feelings about, I like the design but I'm not a fan of the yarn. Made a rectangle using single crochet and then turned the piece and single crocheted twice into each single crochet on one side, from the top of the piece down making waving ridges. (If you didn't already know just adding extra stitches into one make it wavy like that), again added hooks.

This one I made just like the first but with a different yarn, obviously, and only one button, again makes a great belt, in this case, a better belt than a cowl.

When I dreamed up this one I imagined it bigger, but I'm still happy with the end result. I just half double crocheted a big rectangle then made the flowery part seperate, made a chain connected it into a circle, single crocheted around then single crocheted twice into each single crochet in the row before to get the wavy affect again. added hooks and done. I like it.

This one is alot trickier than it looks, it looks similar to knitted i-cord but alas it's not. I crochets 4 or 5 rows really really long..I think 150 across and then stitched it up the seam and pulled the end through the entire tube using a safety pin attached to the end and pulling it through, connected the ends and done.Pain in the bootay! But still cute.

This is another one of my favorites, it's 2 pics too, ooOOooo! Same piece just closed different, again buttons are for show, love these buttons.. and attached hooks to the inside edge, I believe it's half double crochet.

I also made some other big a..rse, not sure of language rules here but trying to cut back on my sailor talk... cowls but they're knitted so that's it for now. Hope you enjoyed and maybe get inspired to make your own cowls.. I can't get enough..down with scarves!! ..kidding, but it sounds good.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011 10:38:48 AM by sallymayhomer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We should all fear evil men, but what we should fear most, is the indifference of good men. On a lighter note..have you smiled today? If you have not, Just DO IT! If you have..do it again!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011 10:15:50 AM »

These are great! My fav is the 4th one down!

Armed and Dangerous

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011 03:06:15 PM »

Nice work!  I like the colors in the flower one a lot.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011 10:21:02 AM »

Oh my these are all so pretty!  You'll have the spiffiest Styrofoam Head in town!   Grin Wink Grin

BE the change you wish to see in the world-Gandhi
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011 10:31:54 AM »

How was it possible to miss this post? Lovely what you made there.
The 3rd with the flower is my favourite. So pretty all of them.

"Hi, my name is Smallhold and I compulsively collect looms."
"Hi Smallhold."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
MSGM - Spring/Summer 2016 - Milan Fashion Week - Backstage, Runway & Interviews - VF Collections
Etro - Spring/Summer 2016 - Milan Fashion Week - Runway & Interviews - Videofashion Collections
Why Rihanna Is Taking a Break From Being Racy
Dong Gong Minn Brow Maker Review
Scary But Awesome Beauty Trend: Rubber Face Masks
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...