A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My (semi) crafty wedding July 9 2011 **updated o3/29/2011**  (Read 1452 times)
Tags for this thread: buttoneer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cdoggett
« on: March 23, 2011 09:21:16 AM »

Hi fellow Craftsters,  

I haven't posted in a while, but since I am getting married soon, and the list of diy projects that I'm committing myself to is quickly growing (quite scary actually), I thought I would start a thread to share my progress. We are getting married under a tent by the vineyard at a winery in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario on July 9 2011. I am doing all the decor myself, as well as all the flowers except for the centrepieces and bouquets. Our colours are grey, yellow, light antique peach, and cream. Our theme is rustic elegance, and our secondary theme is blackberries and peaches. I think i just made up the secondary theme thing so I could have blackberries and peaches everywhere, lol.

Here are some things I've made/tweaked so far

Groomsmen's, Groom's, and Ring boy's boutonnieres

These are 3 of the boutonnieres that I made using ribbon from Fabricland, and millinery supplies bought on Etsy from Gilded Bee and Mary Not Martha. I've made 4 groomsmen's boutonnieres on top of the one pictured, and just have to make the two for the fathers.

Mothers' corsages

This is one of two corsages I made again using ribbon from Fabricland, and the Etsy millinery supplies. I made the ruffly flower using some ruffled trim I had bought.

Throwing Garter

This is not a total diy. I bought the garter from Dollar Tree, ripped off the heart shaped beaded thing on it, and glued on a cute yellow heart shaped button in its place. Cute!

And one I have yet to work on:

Bathroom basket to revamp

This is one of two baskets that I scored at a thrift store. I'm going to spray paint them white, line them with some fabric, and fill them with tide pens, blotting papers, etc. for the bathrooms. I'll update once I've painted them.

**update** A couple more things completed

Fathers' boutonnieres

Corsages for my future sisters in law, and my dear aunt

In progress:

Flower Girl dress

It still needs some work (it's actually missing one sleeve, lol). The waist needs to be brought up higher but we're waiting to see if she grows any in the next 3 months.

I have a lot more I have to do, and I'm hoping to post pictures as I complete them, or at least get close to completing them. Here's the list:

-My wedding dress. It will be an ivory tulle ballgown with an assymetrical shoulder strap. I designed it and my Aunt is very generously making it for me as my gift.

-The Flower Girl's dress. I found the fabric on clearance at Fabricland, which is a gorgeous raw silk type synthetic cream fabric with thin marigold yellow stripes. My aunt is making this as well, so I guess this and my dress are not really diy's, but still crafty!

-ring pillow. Not really sure what I'm doing with this yet. I'd kind of like to incorporate some Maltese lace as a nod to my heritage, and I might incorporate also some of the ruffled peach trim that I used in the corsages.

-My keepsake garter. It's going to be 3 tiers of lace trim with an old rhinestone bracelet I have sewn on.

-birdcage veil

-corsages for my future sisters in law, my stepmother and my aunt. And for my Grandmothers if they show up (they're both boycotting my wedding for different reasons)

-Fathers' boutonnieres

-handkerchief wrap for my bouquet. I found a beautiful antique handkerchief that I'm going to embroider with my initials.

-ceremony backdrop. I'm going to make a tiered backdrop made of loops of light peach coloured streamers overlapped on top of each other. It's going to look kind of like a pinata in the end I think, but a lot more elegant. lol.  

-chalkboard seating chart and welcome sign. I'm going to make these using chalkboard spraypaint and thriftstore picture frames

-place card tags and labels for peach and blackberry jam favours

-signs for sweet table, seating chart, guest book table, and sparkler send off table

-ceremony progam paddle fans

-lanterns with wireless led bulbs for over dance floor. I have a few ideas I'm playing around with, but my favourite is this one http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/modern-crepe-paper-lanterns/2

-holder for sparklers . I'm thinking of getting a big log, drilling holes along the side and inserting the sparklers in the holes.

Whew! That's more than I thought. Yikes. Time to get busy, I'll update as things get made.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011 10:52:25 AM by cdoggett » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011 04:46:47 PM »

Awesome,  I cant wait to see more!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What To Whip Up With Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
Outside The Box: Spicy Turducken
Check Out The Healthiest Hotel Food
Weight Watchers Swap and Drop on Turkey Day
Holiday Home Cooking With Paula Deen
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...