A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You Can't Sink A Rainbow - Raising Funds For A New Greenpeace Ship RWIII  (Read 600 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bongmistress

Magpie Moments

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2011 08:19:25 AM »

Hello my fellow Craftsters  Cheesy

There are a lot of charities and NGOs out there in the world, all doing wonderful and important things, but there is one in particular that has a special place in my heart and that is Greenpeace. Greenpeace defends the natural world and promotes peace by investigating, exposing and confronting environmental abuse, and championing environmentally responsible solutions. A most noble and incredibly difficult mission!

Unlike the majority of organisations, Greenpeace relies entirely on donations from individuals like you and me to keep afloat, receiving no financial assistance from corporations or governments. This, for me at least, is part of the beauty of Greenpeace it is accountable to no-one and thoroughly independent.

After 21 years as a Greenpeace ship the current Rainbow Warrior is heading for retirement and Greenpeace needs help to replace her. Shes been bombed, shot at and rammed and now she needs our help.

This is why when our local Greenpeace network was trying to come up with some fund raising ideas I thought it might be a nice opportunity to put my crafty skills to good use! Many hours of work (and two sore hands!) later, these five specially designed tea light holders are being auctioned on ebay to raise funds for this incredibly worth while cause.

They are made of my own polymer clay designs laid onto glass  Smiley

The set includes:

* Red - illustrating the passion with which Greenpeace defends our planet.

* Yellow/Orange - representing the sunny skies over our fragile Earth.

* Green - featuring the symbol of the dove of peace which adorns the Rainbow Warrior.

* Blue - the glistening oceans that the Greenpeace fleet is charged to defend.

* Purple - represents the nobility of the causes that Greenpeace stands for.

There are lots more pictures, links to the auction and information on the Rainbow Warrior III on my blog.

We are all Rainbow Warriors, thanks for reading!

Grin
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011 01:31:10 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50% off everything until June 13th: http://www.etsy.com/shop/EmilyMagpieMoments

Bloggy ramblings: http://emilymagpie.wordpress.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Asian Twist on Gourmet Recipe For Steak and Fries
How to Make a Delicious California Roll Uramaki
How to Cook Miso Soup at Home
How to Prepare Kadhai Paneer
How to Prepare Yakitori
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...