I am raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society since I just found out my dad has Lymphoma. I am very excited to be doing something for a good cause! I'd love to hear some crafty advice on how to use crafting to raise funds for a cause.
We are hosting a silent auction - I was thinking some silent auction items could be crafted. I'm just not sure what to make?
Here are some of my crafty skills:
sewing, painting, jewelry, paper-crafts and other random craftiness.
Here are a few ideas I've come up with...
- instead of having a bake sale (I dont' cook) I'm making earrings and bracelets to give away with donations
- girlie hair bows... I make them for my daughter and have lots of ribbon left over.
- One silent auction item will be a bow board (decorative thing that you hang your clippies on) with bows.
- a 16"x20" acryllic painting of Buzz Lightyear that I painted on canvas.
- I need 20 other auction items of other variety (kid friendly and non-kid items)
Any advice you have is much appreciated!